Olof Mellberg's Rise To Fame - A Mellosa96 story

mellosa96

Reaction score
Crystal Palace
View attachment 236842

Crystal Palace, a team who recently started playing in the Premier League and i did a story with them on FM13 and really enjoyed coaching them,

And today i decided to train them once again since FM13 and i'm really looking forward to it as i will be one of my favourite players and trying to make him as one of the best managers in the world.

The man i'm talking is of course Olof Mellberg!
He is the one of the best Swedish center backs of all time and represented the national team a whooping 117 times and he was a big player on the field who always gave it all on and off the field.

anyways since Aston Villa is playing okey with their manager Tim Sherwood i felt that it would suit Olof better if he started his managerial career somewhere else.

Crystal Palace

So what does Crystal Palace have which all other teams don't have?

Well they have a really stable squad and i only think they are missing a goalscorer.
Anyways i'm aiming on making this the first proper save on FM15 for me, as i havent felt like making a tactic myself this year

So i don't have to strengthen the squad that much and the only real problem i have is that there isn't a prolific goalscorer .

I will try to get another post out before i hit the bed.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 236800

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendlies 2014

We had a couple of games in our first ever Pre season with the club and i think that some of the players underperformed while others played way over their potential.

View attachment 236799
The main thing to take away from the pre season is that we are a very stable and defensive team only letting five goals in seven games, the main game was against Pau FC which we played with our youth team and they stilled managed to get four goals in.
On the other hand we didn't score in the last three games which worries me a little bit but i think i have it covered.

Tactis

i have made three tactics myself and all of them have had various results, the control tactic is a 4-2-3-1 which is going to be our main tactic and it also happens to be the best one suited for the team.

Counter attacking is a big deal in football and our next tactic is aimed at being a counter attacking side against big clubs (Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal) and it's a 4-5-1 and i have had minor succes with it.

Winning games isn't always about scoring, sometimes it's about knowing when to take chanches and when not to and our last tactic is a defensive tactic made for playing when we are in the lead.

It is a 5-3-2 with two CDM's and i have yet to tried it in a competetive game.

Transfers

Crystal Palace have a strong squad that could and should challenge for the 7th spot and with the signings i made i think we can look forward to see this become reality

IN

We only spent 300K on signings but i feel like we still managed to get thoose we needed.

The first player who we only got on a one year loan deal with a possible 2.5 million buy out clause is
Libor Kozák from Aston Villa and he is going to play in the cups and if he performs there he will have a shot at some premier league games.

View attachment 236793
Libor Kozák, ST, 25 Years

-I just want to play football and hopefully Mr.Mellberg will give me a chance.

The second and last signing which was completely free is the signing of Lisandro López sadly he is not the young striker that would scare defenders in Ligue 1 and the Champions League but for us he is still the main man upfront.

View attachment 236792
Lisandro López, ST, 31 Years

-It's time for me to start looking at becoming something big after Qatar and Selhurst Park is the perfect place for this to happen.

OUT

we sold one player and loaned another one but we made some money on it though.

View attachment 236791

Player Of The Pre Season
Wilfried Zaha
View attachment 236788

Had a fairly decent pre season and it was either him or Yannick Bolasie.​

Last edited:
Crystal Palace
View attachment 236775

August 2014

The Premier League finnaly kicks off again and we are hoping to hit the ground running and maybe get some wins early on as we have some easy opponents to begin with.

Premier League

Crystal Palace - Watford

2-0

Lisandro López (PEN), Marouane Chamakh
View attachment 236772Lisandro López getting that debut goal and Marouane making sure we get the three points in a game that we dominated.

Leicester - Crystal Palace

1-3

Lisandro López, Jason Puncheon, Mile Jedinak
View attachment 236771Another win against a lower rated team so we are still playing games we should win but next up is Southampton who are pretty good, or atleast they are better than us.

Crystal Palace - Southampton

2-4

Lisandro López, Wilfried Zaha

View attachment 236770Victor Wanyama had a good game for Southampton and in the end they had a pretty comfortable win against us and the first loss is on the board.

Capital One Cup

Crystal Palace - Leyton Orient

2-0

Yohan Cabaye, Libor Kózak
View attachment 236768Decided to play mostly the second team players and they delivered agaisnt League 2 side Leyton Orient and next round is agaisnt Liverpool and i am hoping that we can win that game as well.

Transfers

I went out and made one last signing on the last day asd it was just one guy i couldnt let go without signing.

IN

He cost 1.9 Million but i and the fans are alike in the way that we see him as a steal for that price and that is
Maya Yoshida who joins us from Southampton

View attachment 236767
-As Southampton didn't want me anymore, but i felt i wasn't done i the Premier League and i feel like Selhurst Park is a good place to be playing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
League Table & Monthly Review
View attachment 236765After three games we are currently in fifth wich is okey, but i'm not getting to excited since it's only been three rounds and everything can change in a second.

Player Of The Month
Wilfried Zaha
View attachment 236764
Zaha had a good month but López wasn't too far from getting the POTM award.​

Crystal Palace
View attachment 236749

September 2014

Another month of Premier League games and we are playing some better opponents this month.

Premier League

Stoke City - Crystal Palace

2-4

Lisandro López X3 (PEN), Wilfried Zaha
View attachment 236745Lisandro López is really turning out like a decent signing.

Crystal Palace - Manchester City

1-4

Marouane Chamakh
View attachment 236744I decided to take a chance and play Counter atacking on Man city and it did not work out so well for us but we managed to score atleast one goal.

Liverpool - Crystal Palace

1-1

Lisandro López
View attachment 236743One of hopefully many upsets this season,López scored as usual and then we basically had nothing else to go with and Liverpool probably should have won.

Capital One Cup

Crystal Palace - Liverpool

0-0
5-4 on Penalty
View attachment 236742Another draw after full time against Liverpool but we where the better penalty team as we didn't miss a single penalty and McCarthy saved the one penalty to send us to the fourth round where we will play Sunderland.

View attachment 236741We are currently in 7th after six games and next month we wll play against Newcastle, West Brom and Tottenham and i think we should get six points, maybe seven if we get a draw against Tottenham.

Player Of The Month
Lisandro López
View attachment 236739World class, Absolute world class.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 236558

October 2014

A weak month from the team.

Premier League

Crystal Palace - Newcastle

1-1

Mile Jedinak
View attachment 236555We conceded after thirty seconds and it felt like we were just trying to get bakc all the game.

West Bromwich - Crystal Palace

1-1

Yohan Cabaye
View attachment 236549It feels like the team isn't focused enough to get the three poins wich we really should have done.

Crystal Palace - Tottenham

0-0

View attachment 236547A close game that in the end finished fairly with both teams getting the one point.

Capital One Cup

Crystal Palace - Sunderland

1-0

Yannick Bolasie
View attachment 236543Yannick sends us through to the Quarter Finals after scoring in a very one sided game.
We will play Manchester United home in the next round.

View attachment 236539I feel we are in a decent position still and no worries except that we are conceding alot of goals even though half of all goals let in are against Manchester City and Southampton, Next month is another easy one with games against West Ham, Bournemouth, Norwich and Swansea.

Player Of The Month
Mile Jedinak
View attachment 236536
No one really played "well" but Jedinak put his shift in the midfield as usual.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 236158

November 2014

A bad start to this month but i changed for the better.

Premier League

West Ham - Crystal Palace

3-0

View attachment 236157West Ham dominateed and won the game fair and square.

Bournemouth - Crystal Palace

2-4

Marouane Chamakh, Mile Jedinak, Lisandro López X2
View attachment 236155A strong attacking Display got us this win, but the defence could have been better.

Crystal Palace - Swansea

1-0

Lisandro López
View attachment 236154As usual López is the one banging in the goals, this was his 10th Premier League goal this season.

Norwich - Crystal Palace

3-4

Jason Puncheon, Maya Yoshida, James McArthur, Joel Ward
View attachment 236153The team relaxed when we made it 0-3 and Norwich made a succesful comeback, But Joel Ward had other plans and scored one **** of a shot to grab us the win.

View attachment 236152After thirteen rounds we are in the Champions LEague qualification stages but we have more games in hand than thoose who are behind us, Next month is a tough one with two games against Manchester United one against Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Sunderland

Player Of The Month
Yohan Cabaye
View attachment 236149
He Had a great month and deserves this month POTM​

Crystal Palace
View attachment 235913

December 2014

A though month that ended on a high note.

Premier League

Crystal Palace - Chelsea

1-4

Lee Chung-Yong
View attachment 235912A major defeat against what i see as the strongest team in the league.

Manchester United - Crystal Palace

3-2

Marouane Chamakh X2
View attachment 235910Chamakh displayed some nice finishing today but sadly it did not do enough to get us the three points.

Crystal Palace - Everton

3-2

Lisandro López, Marouane Chamakh X2
View attachment 235909Marouane scroes his third and fourth goal in two games and is looking sharp infront of goal.

Arsenal - Crystal Palace

3-4

Joel Ward, Wilfried Zaha, Fraizer Campbell, Maya Yoshida
View attachment 235907Four unusual scorers and we ended up with a close match that got us 3 points against a strong team.

Crystal Palace - Aston Villa

5-2

Wilfried Zaha X2, Fraizer Campbell, Lisandro López X2
View attachment 235906Another strong performance from the team and we are playing really well at the time.

Sunderland - Crystal Palace

2-6

James McArthur, Libor Kózak X2, Lisandro López X2, Wilfried Zaha
View attachment 235905
Capital One Cup

Crystal Palace - Manchester United

2-1

Scott Dan, Jason Puncheon
View attachment 235902We are in the semi finals after played and beat Uniteds b-side and we are going to play against Newcastle for the final spot.

View attachment 235901After a slow start to the month we managed to pick up some steam and enden upl being in fitht one point behind Arsenal for the last CL spot.

And to top it all of i signed a new contract to stay at Selhurst park for another three seasons!

Player Of The Month
Lisandro López (2)
View attachment 235898
Lisandro had an amazing month and is currently sitting at 15 goals in 19 games in the Premier League.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 928498

Transfer Special 2014/2015

This post is all about the signings and sales this season and how they have performed and how they hopefully will perform if they haven't played yet.

Summer Window 2014

The first player to join the club was
Libor Kozák who joined the club on a one year loan deal from Aston Villa but he hasn't performed when he has played for us and i decided to terminate the loan durign the January window.
View attachment 928501

The next player we signed was Lisandro López who we signed for free on a two year deal and my god what a signing he was. He is currently the top scorer in the BPL and the Capital One Cup.
View attachment 928502
The third and last player we signed during the summer window was
Maya Yoshida who is a CB who is here to strengthen the squad but he has got some playing time and have impressed me alot, could even be Hangelands replacer in a couple of years.
View attachment 928503
In total we spent 2 million in the summer window and sold players for 76K so we didn't do any major clearence in the squad.

Winter Window 2015

The first Player we signed was
Casemiro from Real Madrid and he is/will be a regular in the team in a couple of weeks and he can lead this team to glory.
View attachment 235629

the last player we signed this season was Tommy Smith from Burnley and he looks like a decent Cb who could be team Captain in a couple of years.
View attachment 235628
we managed to spend 7.3 Million in the January Window but we also sold a player for 7 million. And sadly tha player was Mile Jedinak who refused to sign a new contract and demanded to leave the team.
View attachment 235626

So there you have it, the january post will be out soon.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 235623

January 2015

a semi good month as we loose bigtime.

Premier League

Watford - Crystal Palace

3-4

Lisandro López X2, Yohan Cabaye PEN, Wilfried Zaha
View attachment 235622
A strong performance from the team but we need to defend better.

Crystal Palace - Leicester

1-0

Lisandro López
View attachment 235621Who else than López? he is really showing on his former glory at Selhurst Park

Southampton - Crystal Palace

6-0

View attachment 235620Decie to rest the team infor the Capital one cup semi finals and Southampton didn't rest their players and it´s pretty obvious i played a team with less than 100 Proffesional games betwen them.

Capital One Cup

Newcastle - Crystal Palace

4-3

Lisandro López X3
View attachment 235618Lisandro López is a legend, no one can beat him or stop him.

6-0
(9-4)
Lisandro López X3, Patrick Bamford, Maya Yoshida X2
View attachment 235617the team showed great character as they went out swinging with our backs against the wall and absolutely trashed Newcastle. We will play against Tottenham in the Final.

View attachment 235616we are not to far away from Champions League football despite the loss to Southampton and hopefully we can push for a spot for the rest of the season.

Player Of The Month
Lisandro López (3)
View attachment 235615
Aboslute world class! Tevez and Higuain are challenged for the spot next to Messi in the National Team.​

Crystal Palace
View attachment 235543

February 2015

a horrible month.

Premier League

Manchester City - Crystal Palace

4-3

Connor Wickham X2, Lisandro López
View attachment 235542Connor was the only one who had a decent match against City, scoring two and being the best striker today, even over López.

Crystal Palace - Stoke

2-2

Marouane Chamakh X2
View attachment 235541Marouane had a decent performance but the team relaxed after our two gols and Stoke took advandatge of that.

2-5

Lisandro López, Joel Ward
View attachment 235539This game was just absolutely ***** from our point of view.

3-3

Wilfried Zaha X2, Tim Krul OG
View attachment 235529Tim saved us in overtime by scoring an own goal, wonder if he had a bet on a 3-3 draw?

Crystal Palace - West Brom

1-2

Jason Puncheon
View attachment 235523We managed to loose at home against West brom, one of the worst teams away in the league.

Tottenham - Crystal Palace

5-4

Wilfried Zaha X2, Marouane Chamakh X2
View attachment 235522It was a fair game and Tottenham deserved to win, maybe with more goals as well.

View attachment 235521After this month there is only a very slim chance for us to get into the top four, but securing a EL spot should be possible, next month we will play West ham, Bournemouth and Swansea and we should get all the points if we should stand a chance for the CL spot.

Player Of The Month
Wilfried Zaha (3)
View attachment 235505
Despite the teams lack of form, Zaha is performing very well and he played at Striker this month and did so well he is probebly going to start in the Capital One Cup as a striker.​

Crystal Palace
View attachment 235497

A specia about the Capital One Cup
Capital One Cup

2nd Round

Crystal Palace - Leyton Orient
2-0
Yohan Cabaye, Libor Kozák

3rd Round

0-0
5-4 on Penalties

4th Round

1-0
Yannick Bolasie

Quarter Final

2-1
Scott Dann, Jason Puncheon

Semi Final First Leg

4-3
Lisandro López X3

Semi Final Second Leg
6-0
(9-4)
Lisandro López X3, Patrick Bamford, Maya Yoshida X2

Final

Yes you read that right, Crystal Palace are for the first time ever in the Capital One Cup final and boy did we fight to be here.

We knocked out two big teams (United and Liverpool) and also turned around a pretty bad situation against Newcastle.

López is before the Final in the top of the goalscorers collum with six goals. all coming in the semifinals against Newcastle and Jason Puncheon is top of the assists table with four assists.

Our starting line up is as following

Alex McArthy

Martin Kelly - Maya Yoshida - Brede Hangeland - Joel Ward

Casemiro

Wilfried Zaha - Yohan Cabaye - Yannick Bolasie

Jason Puncheon

Lisandro López

And Tottenham's side

Hugo Lloris

Kieran Trippier - Toby Alderwiereld - Kevin Wimmer - Kyle Walker-Peters

Dele Alli - Mehmet Topal - Nacer Chadli - Ryan Mason

Aaron Lennon - Harry Kane

I don't think they started out with their best team, but neither did we but lets get in to the highlights.

8 Minutes
Joel Ward with the throw in, he finds Puncheon who carries the ball and passes it to and overlaping Ward.

Ward finds Bolasie who shows a nice bit of skills to get past the Tottenham player and delivers the pass to Puncheon who is on the left side setting up a cross, Lisandro López is in the box and Puncheon delivers an excellent cross to López who beats Wimmer in air and López scores the goal to make it 1-0 after only eight minutes, Crystal Palace have chocked Tottenham on the quick throw in, smart thinking by Joel Ward.

22 Minutes
Puncheon on the ball running past Alderwiereld but getting tackled by Alli, Palace gets a throw in.

Ward finds Bolasie in miles of space on the wing, Bolasie dosen't make anything of it and Tottenham can clear it for another throw in.

Ward once again with the throw in to Bolasie who this time crosses it towards López.

López strikes it on the half volley and Lloris let it slip through his arms, what was he thinking there, López is now up to thirty goals this season and he has been the signing Crystal Palace needed and the fans are singing his name!

36 Minutes

Alex McArthy goes up to take a cross and oh wait he misses the ball and he ends up punching it into his own net! big misstake from McArthy and his manager looks furius!

45 Minutes

The first half comes to an end and López have been absolutely outstanding this half!

56 Minutes

Tottenham are the first team to take action on the bench by subbing Mehmet Topal for Joshua Onomah.

61 Minutes

Tottenham with ther second sub of the game as Erik Lamela comes on for Aaron Lennon.

66 Minutes

Tottenham with their third and final sub this game as Kieran Tippier goes of for Kyle Walker.

75 Minutes

Crystal Palace with a double substition as Yohan Cabaye and Jason Puncheon makes way for Jordon Mutch and Marouane Chamakh

82 Minutes

McArthy with a save, delivers it long to López who waits on his teammates to get up in to the attack.

López to Mutch who gives it straight back to López.

López makes a through ball to Zaha who is in a load of space on the wing, Zaha with the cross!

Chamakh connects on the volley to make it 3-1! Crystal Palace are looking like the new champions of the Capital One Cup!

83 Minutes

Patrick Bamford comes on for Zaha who has been absolutely outstanding today!

90+2 Minutes

Tottenham is being careless in their defense and Chamakh can steal the ball from Walker-Peters and he places the ball in the corner, That is one incredible shot! right in the top slop and Chamakh gets his second in the game and he has only been on for 17 minutes

Final Whistle

The ref stops the game for the last time and Lisandro López and co can celebrate for the first time in the clubs history that they have won the Capital One Cup!

So there we have it Olof Mellberg guided Crystal Palace to one title in the first season and many of the fans are talking about Champions league, but it looks like that will be for the next season as they are some points behind the last Champions League spot but enough of that for now and let's celebrate Olof Mellberg's Crystal Palace who are the winners of the Capital One Cup 2014!

Crystal Palace
View attachment 235480

March 2015

The team is back to it's usual style after that Capital one cup win.

Premier League

Crystal Palace - West Ham

6-2

Patrick Bamford, Jason Puncheon, Lisandro López X3, Yohan Cabaye

View attachment 235476Great performance from the team.

Crystal Palace - Bournemouth

4-1

Martin Allen, Lisandro López X2, Maroune Chamakh
View attachment 235475Martin Allen is now the youngest scorer in the Premier League's history.

Swansea - Crystal Palace

0-3

Wilfried Zaha, Casemiro, Lisandro López
View attachment 235470Another great win as Lisandro López countinues his scoring proves

View attachment 235469one point of that CL spot and the dream is still alive, despite last months performance.

Player Of The Month
Lisandro López (4)
View attachment 235466
His fourth POTM and he really deserved it and hopefully he can get 30 league goals and get us in to the Champions League.

Last edited:
Since the season is soon over, anyone who has some tips and maybe if i should add something to the story? please come with your suggestions.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 234581

April and May 2015

A weak ending to the season, but will we get the fourth spot?

Premier League

Crystal Palace - Norwich

4-2

Yannick Bolasie, Patrick Bamford, Frazier Campbell, Yohan Cabaye
View attachment 234580A decent defending game and a beatiful attacking game by us gave us the three points today

Chelsea - Crystal Palace

4-2

Frazier Campbell, Yohan Cabaye
View attachment 234576The best team in the league outplayed us, fair and square.

6-2

Yannick Bolasie X2, Jason Puncheon, Wilfried Zaha, Maya Yoshida, Lisandro López
View attachment 234575An incredible performance from all the players today.

Everton - Crystal Palace

3-1

Lisandro López

View attachment 234574Not good enough, simply not good enough.

2-0

Patrick Bamford, Scott Dan

View attachment 234573An okey win and two rounds left of the BPL.

Aston Villa - Crystal Palace

6-3

Marouane Chamakh, Patrick Bamford, Jason Puncheon

View attachment 234572Three goals should usally be enough against Aston Villa but not today and Rudy really deserved his hat trick.

Crystal Palace - Arsenal

3-4

Yohan Cabaye, Patrick Bamford, Marouane Chamakh

View attachment 234569We collapsed after Cabaye's red card and he will miss out on the two first rounds of the next season.

View attachment 234568We finished 7th and will have to settle for the EL qualification play off this season.
Also worth mentioning is that Chelsea went the season undefeated and beat the record for most point in a single season by getting 98 Points.

Player stats and Team stats
View attachment 234567Lisandro López scored the most goals in the Premier League with 28 Goals, also worth noting is Deeney with 17 goals.

View attachment 234566Only notable stat in the Assist league is that Wilfried Zaha made as many points as Eriksen.

View attachment 234565Clean sheets and not a Crystal Palace keeper in sight, Alex McArthy had 4 clean sheets and Speroni had 2.

View attachment 234564Yohan Cabaye was the best player in the Premier League this season, hopefully he can keep it up next season.

Player Of The Month
Patrick Bamford
View attachment 234563Patrick ends the Premier league with a superb two months and he is coming back next year too on loan.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 233833

Squad Report 2015

A squad report is needed since we are going in to the new season and i have already finished the transfer window so there could be some new players which joined during the summer transfers.

Goalkeepers

Starting Goalkeeper
Alex McCarthy 25 Years
View attachment 233832He didn't have the best of season last year but i am expecting him to play 30+ games and have 10+ Clean Sheets this season.

Reserve Keeper
Julián Speroni 36 Years
View attachment 233831Speroni is starting to get older and im going to look for Alex more and more.

Reserve Keeper
Wayne Hennessey 28 Years
View attachment 233830His only way into the team is if both Alex and Julián gets injured/suspended.

Reserve Keeper
Pepe Arce 16 Years

View attachment 233829He is a promising talent i signed on a free and hopefully he can play 5-10 games in the first team this season, mostly in the cups.

Defenders will be up shortly

Crystal Palace
View attachment 233828

Squad Report 2015

A squad report is needed since we are going in to the new season and i have already finished the transfer window so there could be some new players which joined during the summer transfers.

Defenders

Starting LB
Joel Ward 25 Years

View attachment 233827Absolute rock at the back and upfront to with his crosses, wouldn't be suprised if he wants a move to one of the big four soon.

Reserve LB
Pape Souaré 25 Years
View attachment 233826Didn't perform so well and most of his games he had to jump between CB and LB and that isn't helping his playing.

Starting CB
Maya Yoshida 27 Years

View attachment 233819Even though he joined only a year ago. he hs grown out to become one of our most important defenders and recently got the Captains armband as well.

Starting CB
Tommy Smith 25 Years

View attachment 233818
Both our Centerbacks have together been here for 1 and a half years but hopefully they will be here for many years to follow and if they keep playing like this i don't think it will be a challenge for them either.

Reserve CB
Scott Dan 28 Years
View attachment 233817
It's not that he has underperformed it's just that the other guys are just playing better than him.

Reserve CB
Brede Hangeland 34 Years
View attachment 233816Sadly Hangeland is on his end of his career and he is probably not going to play much more at Selhurst Park.
He is now basically the player that teaches all other players and is a mentor for the squad.

Starting RB
Martin Kelly 25 Years

View attachment 233815Our only natural RB, sadly he is injuried way too much to be our only RB so Joel Ward is playing at RB alot but im planning on letting youths play here when he is injuried.

Reserve RB
Sam Munn 16 Years

View attachment 233814He is not going to play alot but he will get 5-10 games in the first team.

Midfielders will be up shortly

Crystal Palace
View attachment 233813

Squad Report 2015

Midfielders

Starting RM
Wilfried Zaha 22 Years
View attachment 233812A world class player who is know back to what he did before playing for Manchester United, Scoring goals and making Goals.

Reserve RM
Lee Chung-Yong 27 Years

View attachment 233811Not impressive at all.

Starting CM
Sergio Roberto 23 Years
View attachment 233810
Signed from FC Barcelona during the summer window and he looks like a really promising signing.

Reserve CM
Joe Ledley 28 Years

View attachment 233809He didn't get much playing time last season and his chanches aren't higher this year.

Reserve CM
James McArthur 27 Years

View attachment 233808My first choice in the reserve colum, he can play all over the midfield and is usually happy to come on for the last 15 minutes.

Reserve CM
Jordon Mutch 23 Years

View attachment 233805Jordan Mutch is a player who deserves more playing time but it will probably not be in this team.

Starting CDM
Casemiro 23 Years

View attachment 233804He was brought in as a replacement for Mile Jedinak and boy did he do it well, he is given in the lineup week after week.

Reserve CDM
Nathaniel Chalobah 20 Years

View attachment 233803Brought in on loan from Chelsea and will play almost everywhere where he is needed.

Starting LM
Demarai Gray 19 Years

View attachment 233800A long term replacement for Yannick Bolasie and hopefully he can make the step this season.
Bought in from Birmingham.

Reserve LM
Martin Allen 15 Years

View attachment 233797Played one game last season and scored one goal, looking to play him 10-15 games this season.

Starting CAM
Jason Puncheon 29 Years

View attachment 233795Even though i don't like to play him, I got to admit that he has been important for us.

Reserve CAM
Jonny Williams 21 Years

View attachment 233794Spent all of the last seqason on loan at QPR and is probably going out on loan this year too.

Strikers will be up shortly

Last edited:
Crystal Palace
View attachment 233792

Squad Report 2015

Strikers

Starting Striker
Lisandro López 32 Years

View attachment 233789He was easily the best signing in the Premier League and hopefully he will be as important this year.

Reserve Striker
Yaya Sanogo 22 Years

View attachment 233787Hopefully he can play well and maybe score 10 goals this season, We bought him from Arsenal.

Reserve Striker
Patrick Bamford 21 Years

View attachment 233784I'm hoping that he can score 14-20 goals this season but i will not get my hopes up.

Reserve Striker
Connor Wickham 22 Years

View attachment 233780There is a big posibility that all our strikers will score 10 goals or more his season, and that would be pretty cool,
But im counting on López and Bamford to be the main scorers.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 233497

Friendlies 2015

we didn't play that many friendlies this pre season but we played a couple and i'm pleased with the results.

View attachment 233496
We won every game this pre season and we scored 12 goals and let 4 goals in which is okey but the best game according to me was the Testimonial for Julián Speroni who is now on his 11th season for the club.

View attachment 233495Hopefully he can play atleast another four season and reach 15 seasons at Selhurst Park.

Transfers

This year i'm aiming for some Champions League and hopefully the team can handle the dubble games every week since we are going to qualify for the Europa League.

IN

Last summer we spent a total of 300K and this year we spent a
staggering 14.25 Million on players

The first player we signed this summer was
Yaya Sanogo from Arsenal for 3.5 Million and he will be the second/third option behind López and maybe Bamford.
View attachment 233494
Yaya Sanogo, ST, 22 years

-I'm very happy to stay in the premier league and hopefully i can make us title contenders.

The second signing was a loan signing and that was Nathaniel Chalobah from Chelsea who will be at Selhurst Park for a year, hopefully we can make this a permanent deal.
View attachment 233487
Nathaniel Chalobah, CDM, 20 Years

-The special one wanted me to come here and fight for a spot and that is what i'm planning on doing.

The third signing is a player who probably won't play that much in the fist team, and that man is Pepe Arce the 16 year old goalie who joined on a free.
View attachment 233486
Pepe Arce, GK, 16 Years

-My dad wanted me to take a chance and move to England and hopefully i can impress the coach so much that i will play.

Number four and probably the msot experienced signing is Sergi Roberto from Barcelona which cost us 2.2 Million to sign.
View attachment 233485
Sergi Roberto, CM, 23 Years

-I want to prove that Barca did a misstake by letting me go and hopefully i can show it here at Selhurst Park besides i always liked red and blue shirts.

The last signing and probably the one who has the most to show is Demarai Gray who joined us from Birmingham for 8.5 Million as a 19 year old.
View attachment 233484
Demarai Gray, LM, 19 Years

-Wilfried Zaha has had major succes here at Selhurst Park and hopefully i can do so aswell and i really believe in myself and the team.

OUT

We sold some big players from last yerar but i'm confident that we can succed anyway.
View attachment 233483
Biggest lost of the window was Yohan Cabaye who joined Juventus for 15 Million but i feel like that was a good deal because he is on the top of his game and will start to decline so it was the right time to let him go.

Player Of The Pre Season
Connor Wickham
View attachment 233482He had a good pre season and hopefully he can bring this teampo in to the real season.

Crystal Palace
View attachment 233478

August 2015

The Premier League is back again and hopefully this can be the start of something great.

Premier League

Crystal Palace - Leicester

2-2

Jason Puncheon, Casemiro PEN

View attachment 233477Not the best of games but at least we still can score.

Watford - Crystal Palace

0-3

Jason Puncheon, Nathaniel Chalobah, Patrick Bamford
View attachment 233476Jason Puncheon is looking to score goals this season and i hope he countinues like this.

Crystal Palace - Swansea

0-0

View attachment 233475Swansea is according to me a stronger team so i will take the draw in this game.

Europa League

We managed to get to Europe even though it was EL but i think we can be a little contender for the title.

EL 3rd Qualifaction round

Crystal Palace - Djurgarden

5-0

Lisandro López X2 PEN, Wilfried Zaha, Yaya Sanogo, Nathaniel Chalobah

View attachment 233474A strong home game and we are surely going through to the last round.

Djurgarden - Crystal Palace

0-1
(0-6)

Patrick Bamford
View attachment 233473Bamford made sure we got the win aay as well and we are through to the final round where we will play against FC Thun.

Europa League play off

FC Thun - Crystal Palace

0-1

Wilfried Zaha
View attachment 233472A bad game for us even though we got the win, and now we really got to concentrate on Selhurst Park.

Crystal Palace - FC Thun

6-2
(7-2)

Lisandro López, Wilfried Zaha, Tommy Smith, Maya Yoshida, Jonny Williams, Alphons Kohler OG
View attachment 233471Another strong home game makes sure we reached the group stage.

View attachment 233470Not the easiest group but certainly not the thoughest either.

View attachment 233469An okey start to the Premier League but hopefully we can cling on to the top of the table.

Player Of The Month
Wilfried Zaha
View attachment 233468A very good month from our best winger and probably best player in the club.