Smirneci

Reaction score
Who is Olympiacos?
Olympiacos is the most successful club in Greek football history with 42 Greek League titles, 26 Greek Cups 16, 16 Doubles and 4 Greek Super Cups, with a total of 72 national titles, all records. Olympiacos' dominating success can be further evidenced by the fact that all the other Greek clubs have won a combined total of 37 League titles

Olympiacos also holds the record for the most consecutive Greek League titles, as they are the only team to have won 7 consecutivechampionships (1997-2003).In addition, it is one of three clubs to have never been relegated from the top flight of Greek football; in European competitions, they have reached the quarter-finals twice, in the 1998-1999UEFA Champions League and the 1992-93European Cup Winner's Cup.They have also won the Balkans Cup in 1963, becoming the first ever Greek club to win a non-domestic competition. Olympiacos is one of the founding members of the European club association in 2008

Olympiacos supporters have been involved in the worst tragedy that ever hit Greek sports, known as the Karaiskakis Stadium disaster (8 February 1981). Twenty-one supporters lost their lives in Gate 7, while rushing out of the stadium to celebrate the 6–0 victory of Olympiacos against AEK Athens

Last edited:
Olympiacos signs Antonis Nikopolidis as the head coach
Olympiacos' board has decided to sign Antonis Nikopolidis for the role of the team's head coach.Nikopolodis is former Olympiacos' goalkeeper and is loved but the fans,he was a crucial factor also of the Greek National team's success in 2004 of winning the EURO Cup
Everyone is very interested in seeing what Nikopolidis has to offer to the Greek giants

Last edited:
View attachment 272559
"The team's roster is very big and full of quality and potential despite that some positions need some wipe out.The squad seems fine and through a good preparation we will achieve our goals that they are of course nothing less that winning all the domestic titles and making a remarkable European course.I have to say that we are looking after a left winger"

Olympiacos signs Pavel Savitskiy on loan from Inter
Does talent outmatch experience? Pavel will give an answer to this question on the pitch! Fans are very pleased to see such a talented and young player player to join their team,they can't wait to see him in action!

Pre-Season's friendly games
View attachment 272547

View attachment 272546
"The pre-season was good even though at some points unsatisfying ,especially the game with Koln worried me enough and I had a bad image about the game with Hertha despite that it is a strong german team.There were some positives in the game with Manchester City,the team showed militancy and no matter the big statistical difference we had we were very close to a draw"

Greek Superleague begins
The Greek Superleague has started and with it the first game for the UCL and the first Greek cup game are given,the first results are promising

View attachment 272542

View attachment 272535
"This month was both pleasant and tough for us,we got some results we wanted to come but the team still seems not be 100% ready for what's coming next.The 4-1 win against Levadeiakos was enjoyable and we are very happy to have won our rivals,PAOK,in our home.Notwithstanding the positives we had a bad day against Atromitos and we hope to learn from that mistake,Atromitos so far are doing great in the league against every odd I could say.We are also happy to have qualified to the next round of the cup with the 2-0 win against Veroia.Although the domestic results we have to work on the defeat against Sparta Prague if we want to stay alive in Europe"

Ghazaryan joins Sparta Prague
Ghazaryan was one of the players Olympiacos wanted to get rid of and do that he had to offer him to clubs for free..Better giving him free than paying him for being no use to Nikopolidis
Olympiacos has been drawn with Barcelona,Sparta Prague and Anderlecht in group F of the UCL group stage.The chances are good for Olympiacos to qualify to the next round or at least continue to Europa League if things go bad

Last edited:
View attachment 272529
View attachment 272528
View attachment 272527
View attachment 272526
"We are on a very good form, we perfom well in the league and we have qualified to the round of 16 of the UCL. I want to refer to two games,these with our eternal rivals,Panathinaikos and the one with Barcelona.We are very proud to win against the team that every year our fans demand a good result against,I am looking forward to the next round to face them.Now I want to give credits individualy to each of my players that gave their best against barcelona and got this amazing result,it might was a lucky one considering that the goal came from a set piece but that doesn't change the outcome and what it means to us and our fans"

Last edited:
UCL Round of 16 draw
View attachment 272459
Olympiacos has been drawn with Bayern Muncher.It is going to be a very difficult game but even if we don't make it out with qualifying to the next round it is still a success reaching this stage,for the two games with bayern we just want to make our fans happy and do our best

View attachment 272465
View attachment 272464
"There were cons and pros in the month that passed,the defeat against PAOK was devastating we thought we could do better than losing to 3-1 despite that we keep in mind the 2-0 win against Atromitos that gives as huge points advantage (10).The derby of Athens is coming in some weeks and we are looking forward to it"

Last edited:
Greek Awards
Goalkeeper of the year
View attachment 272306
Foreigner of the year
View attachment 272307
Manager of the year
View attachment 272305
Talent of the year
View attachment 272304
January Transfer window
In:
Vasilis Matentzidis for 425.000 from Apollon Kalamarias
View attachment 272298
Giorgos Katidis for 2.000.000 from Veroia View attachment 272297 View attachment 272293
Yaya Banana for 1.600.000 from PlataniasView attachment 272295 View attachment 272294
Out:
Pele for 500.000 to Metz
David Fuster for 250.000 to Sampdoria
Kostas Giannoulis for 100.000 to Rapid Wien
Michael Olaitan on loan to Stade de Reims
Vasilis Matentzidis on loan to Ermis Ermionidas

That's how the roster will be for the rest of the season
Goalkeepers
Roberto Megyeri
View attachment 272290,View attachment 272289
Center Backs

Siovas Botia Avlonitis Banana
View attachment 272288View attachment 272287View attachment 272286View attachment 272294

Left backs - Right backs
Bong Masuaku Salino Elabdellaou
i
View attachment 272285View attachment 272284 View attachment 272279View attachment 272280

Midfielders
Milivojevic Maniatis Bouchalakis Ndinga

View attachment 272274View attachment 272273View attachment 272272View attachment 272271

Attacking Midfielders(center)
Dominguez Katidis Kasami

Last edited:
View attachment 272097
Man of the month
Mathieu Dossevi
Scoring 2 goals and creating another 2 he was a key player during February

View attachment 272095
"Maybe this month was the best so far in terms of results and performance.We got the desired win against our biggest rival Panathinaikos making the 2x2 this year.Passing to the next round of the Greek cup gives us certainty for our aim,to lift the Greek cup.We are very proud for the draw against Bayern,we were excellent,we will propably lose in Munchen but we are happy to give the joy of seeing their team playing so well against a European giant to the fans"

I think I'll quit the story since the interest in it is zero
I may continue it if i see correspondence
If any one has any suggestions about improving the updates and stuff I am happy to hear them

Last edited: