Olympic Stadium confirmation due

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
An official announcement is due later about which football club will take over the Olympic Stadium in east London after next year's Games.

More...

Looks like the hammers are favorites! What a win this would be for them, and what an embarassment it would cause to spurs.

Looks like the hammers are favorites! What a win this would be for them, and what an embarassment it would cause to spurs.

Love when people don't know anything about the subject matter they insist on commenting on.

not really the spurs fan hate the plans and probably want WHU to get it

Spurs have the financial Muscle to build there own world class venue anyways

This is Far less embarrassing than becoming the Stratford Spurs would be.

To be honest the whole thing is a disaster. Why the stadium wasnt designed to be a football friendly multi sports arena in first place is beyond me (retractable stands etc). It was always going to end up in the hands of a football team. Why not think about that in the process?

Good move for West Ham getting the Olympic Stadium. Not sure about keeping the running track, but since its in East London they are the club who rightfully got it. Spurs should stay where they are based. But going to be tough to mold them both successfully.

Out of interest, since West Ham have won the bid, when would they move into the stadium itself?

The games are in 2012, the redevelopment work would need to take place. So would they be in it by 2013 or 2014. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything or heard anything about a date. Purely so I can edit it into FM.

tbh I have seen some West Ham Fans moaning about how the athletics track etc. would totally ruin the atmosphere at the ground if they got it and I agree with them, plus its looking more and more likely that they are going to be playing in the Champioship next year, its always going to be tough to sell out their stadium then so if they dont earn promotion soon enough, they may land themselves in a financial mess

Yeah, I agree. I think the only stadium I have went to (I'm still young, but haven't been to many games in recent years) with a track was Hampden (in Scotland :p). The atmosphere isnt that great tbh. But Karren Brady says they have plans for the stadium to help the atmosphere, so we shall wait and see.

Personally, I wanted Spurs to get it, so that both win. Spurs get a great new stadium, London gets a world class, 365 day a year athletic track.

West Ham have the vote from the Olympics committee but need the mayor and his ministers approval now and it's theirs.

So happy. Palace to move back to their spiritual home.