Olympic verdict delights West Ham

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham co-owner David Gold says the endorsement of their bid to move into the 2012 Olympic Stadium represented a "great day for Great Britain".

More...

Yes, it's real great for Great Britain that, chances are, millions of tax money will be used for a stadium at 50% capacity in the Championship. Smashing.

Where will West Ham get the money from, though, and why do they need a new stadium?

Where will West Ham get the money from, though, and why do they need a new stadium?

I don't see why they need a new stadium either? They can't even sell it out for a cup semi-final.

BTW, no I am not bitter, N17 ftw.

I don't see why they need a new stadium either? They can't even sell it out for a cup semi-final.

Bitter.

congrats west ham good for them hopefully it can push them on to greater hights. glad the spuds missed out alsoXD

Slow down, werent it sold out for the semi? Was you there? All i'm saying, if spurs fans were finishing consistently in the bottom half of the prem and in relegation fights every season, spurs fans would not turn out every match, but us west ham fans do.. get a minmum of 320000 each match. So this stadium would sell out, not 60,000 every week, but close to it.

Slow down, werent it sold out for the semi? Was you there? All i'm saying, if spurs fans were finishing consistently in the bottom half of the prem and in relegation fights every season, spurs fans would not turn out every match, but us west ham fans do.. get a minmum of 320000 each match. So this stadium would sell out, not 60,000 every week, but close to it.

Maximum attendace Upton Park - 35,333
Attendance for West Ham v Birmingham Semi Final - 29,034.

6k short, and Birmingham sold out there allocation....

Also, West Ham's average attendance this season - 27787.

Says it all really...

Last edited:
i very much doubt it will sell out if you go down. and im betting you're going to hate the athletics track too, there is a reason why very few football stadia have them, they utterly ruin the atmosphere and intensity because you are so far away

West Ham are only the preferred bidder by Olympic Park Legacy Company. Big Boris and mates still might choose the Tottenham bid or someone else.

I lived in Rome for two years and was a Giallorossi season ticket holder. The atmosphere at the Stadio Olimpico was great even when the attendance was low.

i very much doubt it will sell out if you go down. and im betting you're going to hate the athletics track too, there is a reason why very few football stadia have them, they utterly ruin the atmosphere and intensity because you are so far away

It's Horrible whenever I go to Hampden your'e so far away.

It's even worse when I go to see Queen's Park as they close off almost the whole stadium.

Leave the Side stands open but their is only about 1000 people their and that's on a good day

We played at Lesser Hampden for a while that was good as it would get sold out.

Athletic tracks are diabolical, at Hampden it's just awful, your at least 30m from the pitch even if your in the front row, and if your right at the back, you could be up to 50m away from the park :S

What a waste of money, give a multi million pound facility to a team thats going down the ***** and cant even sell out their own stadium.

I dont know why tottenham went for it. It defeats the point of TOTTENHAM Hotspur if they arent even in tottenham. Technically, if they got the stadium, then they would have to be called Stratford Hotspur.

I dont know why tottenham went for it. It defeats the point of TOTTENHAM Hotspur if they arent even in tottenham. Technically, if they got the stadium, then they would have to be called Stratford Hotspur.

Well technically....

Arsenal aren't in Arsenal
Man U aint in Manchester
Chelsea's is Fulham
and many more aren't located accordingly to thier name....

Last edited:
Maximum attendace Upton Park - 35,333
Attendance for West Ham v Birmingham Semi Final - 29,034.

6k short, and Birmingham sold out there allocation....

Also, West Ham's average attendance this season - 27787.

Says it all really...

Where are these stats from then opta?