Olympics

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Quite looking forward to them actually.

Uusally end up getting into a sport you wouldnt give two ***** about usually.

Especially looking forward to the football and tennis (the Murrays are representing Britain)

Anyone know how much tv coverage the football and tennis will get? Anyone have a link to a tv schedule for it?

anyway heres some info on the British team :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics

Well I think BBC will have most of the events on Interactive, they usually do that sort.

Channels like Eurosport usually have the footy on so hopefully I can watch most of it :D

speaking of football, what do you all think about a GB team? Personaly if it effects our national side i'm against it also if there isnt a quota on players from each country then there isnt much point anyway as 98% of english are better than Scots and Welsh

I'd like a GB team, would be nice to have someone to kind of support in the football. Plus it's a pretty big stage for some of the youngsters to play on.

If Sepp says we def can keep playing as seperate naitons then yeh, but so far hes not said so.

Agree with Gregor, havin the 4 home nations represented is sporting history, bt is dissapointing we cant all come together for Olympics

Yup it would be great to see. I'm sre the team would be a good mix though. I hope FIFA can clear it up and give us a decision though.

A british team would certainly be an interesting team...and as its GB for the Olympics in other things, I think they should allow it maybe for 2012, and if its percieved a failure, then sack it.

i always try and watch a bit of the footy tho, always some young talented players on show

Quite looking forward to them actually.

Uusally end up getting into a sport you wouldnt give two ***** about usually.

aye ttm

I watched a womens preliminary game yesterday against Brazil & Germany (two of the favourites) finished 0-0 it was mighty boring :(

I watched a womens preliminary game yesterday against Brazil & Germany (two of the favourites) finished 0-0 it was mighty boring :(

Obviously going to be a draw.

yeah all the womens international football was on the big screens at work yesterday and it was awful id rather stare at the floor

As opening ceremonies go so far it's been pretty good. Some lame stuff but some cool stuff as well like the kung fu people and the big globe.

Bet you were loving the Celine Dion

I liked the footstep fireworks, they were impressive and the opening thing with guys with the drums and lightsticks and the glittering rings.

apparently the aussies are well miffed were beating them

I can't believe how well we are doing overall. Thank God for cycling and rowing :D

The UK has done well considering its size, very impressive.

Not as impressive as Usain Bolt though.

Yeh no thanks to Murray the complete n00b.