On a losing streak (What would you guys do?)

JokerBillo

Reaction score
So I've just started my second season as Newcastle, after finishing 4th in the first year, I played a 4-5-1 formation all year round, and it seemed pretty successful.

So far this season, I've played 4 games, and lost all 4. 2 Against A.Madrid in the champions league qualifying, one to Stoke (who finished 5th last year) and got drummed 4-0 to Fulham.

Usually I would just stick with the same formation and hope the bad form just comes to an end, but that was on FM 2011 and I only got this game 2 days a go.

Was wondering what you guys do when you go on a bad run, do you change formation for a little while, for the rest of the season, do you drop players, talk to the team or what? This FM is new to me so I'm guessing things will be slightly different to the last one I played. Also, do you guys use multiple formations through out the season or just stick with one all year?

I have found that once you lose a game on FM it can take a while to get back to your best. I would usually hold a team meeting if it got to four or five defeats in a row and also speak individually to the players who were not pulling their weight. Morale is very important in this game so in team talks try to be reassuring and calm. As for tactics I suggest you don't just stick to the same tactic for every game, change it about depending on the scout report of your opposition, and depending on the individual talents change the player instructions, (i.e good left winger on opposition you tweak the mentality of your right back to be more defensive). This is my routine for when I start dropping points or losing games.

Throw a John Sitton/Peter Reid type rant at the pixelated prats! ;)

You seem to be having the same problem as Alan Pardew. He finished 5th in his first full season with Newcastle...Now he's struggling big time. Guess it's the Newcastle curse. XD

Quit Reload, pretend it never happened ahah.

change of starting 11, give some players a chance, tweak of formations etc.

I usually just keep playing how they are, depending on if they are performing well in the matches or not. If not, I just tweak players & the tactics slightly