Daniel Carter

Reaction score
I am going to do a Swansea City story, but many of the facts will also be facts of my own knowlege, whilst supporting the Swans so it will be a real gripping story and hopefully you will enjoy it!​
attachment.php

Swansea City: 7 years later.. How It all changed?

02hulh09.jpg

Scenes of the last day of the season, May 2003.

Many of the Swansea City faithful daunted the day of 3rd May, 2003. It was the day when Swansea would find out the future of their football club. A loss would mean a drop out of the Football League after entering administration, however a victory would keep the Swans in the football league by only one point. Emotions were running high as just under 10,000 squeezed into the cold, wet and windy Vetch Field to see the clubs fate right in front of their eyes.

Questions needed answers from the fans, would we do it? what will happen if we don't win? who will leave the club.. these were many questions on the minds of the beloved Jack Army, and the only people who could produce the answers was the players themselves. The swans went on the win the match 4-2, with a massive stampede of Swansea City fans at the final whistle, hugging all of the players, who in their eyes were Heroes. They had helped the club stay up, they had done it!

Now 7 years down the line, in 2010. The swans look back at that day and for the first time have something to smile about. An end of a era with Brain Flynn, a new era with Roberto Martinez, Paulo Sousa and now a brand new era with somebody new!. The swans are a established Championship side, with a great backing team and finances are very well kept under control, along with some quality players like Ferrie Bodde, Darren Pratley and Stephen Dobbie. That day changed the life of Swansea City forever..

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:51 AM ----------

attachment.php

Brendan Rodgers Sets New Season Targets

Brendan-Rodgers-006.jpg

Brendan Rodgers Succeeded Paulo Sousa At The Liberty.

Brendan Rodgers has today underlined his targets for the up-coming season as Swansea City boss. Rodgers made clear referrals to contracts, new players & a extra build of backroom staff.
Speaking to Sky Sports news, Rodgers had made it clear he would like to add some of his own backroom team to Swansea City as well as some of his transfer targets, looking to visit his old youth team at Chelsea, when he was the youth team manager under José Mourinho. Brendan Rodgers Told Sky Sports News:-

"well, I think it's important to any manager coming into a new club to evaluate what the club has already. Swansea City play tremendous football, slick passing and a high temp game, which suits my perfectly. I would however like to bring in one or two coaches to strengthen the back room team, but the foundations of the club have been set here and I'm very pleased. We will look to bring in a few extra targets over the course of the season, but nothing drastic will be made which could put our bank balance into dispute."

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

attachment.php

Swansea City: Background Information

The Liberty Stadium, Swansea, Landore.

Liberty_stadium_swansea.jpg

The Home Of Swansea City FC: The Liberty

The Liberty Stadium is a purpose-built sports and concert arena and conferencing venue in the Landore area of Swansea, Wales. The stadium is all-seated, with a capacity of 20,532 making it the largest purpose-built venue in Swansea and the third largest stadium in Wales. It is also the home of Swansea City and the Ospreys.

----

The Captains

Crystal+Palace+v+Swansea+City+lMyZJVlemhXm.jpg

Swans Captain, Gary Monk. Vice Captain, Alan Tate.

Swansea City's captains are two stalwarts of the club, who have been at the club for a combined total of over 10 years. The pair are a centre half partnership, although Alan Tate can play full back too. The pair play in the defence for the swans and have a great relationship on and off the field.

----

Team information, back room staff & transfer updates next!

Im following mate. had a soft spot for swansea for a while now :)

Thanks mate! Next update within half hour. Hopefully we can get some followers.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

attachment.php

Swans Use Loan System To Boost Squad

davide-somma_1701076c.jpg

Swans bring in Davide Somma On Loan

Swansea City have today bolstered their playing squad for the new season with the addition of three loan signings and a transfer though to be around the 300k mark.

Brendan Rodgers made it clear that it was important to build for the future, and bring in players who can cement their position into the team. On the hunt for new talent, Rodgers has seen his bid for Leed's United striker, Davide Somma accepted who joins on a 4 month loan deal. Somma, who signed for Leeds recently stands at 6ft 1 who plays as a striker. Rodgers has thought to be happy with the signing and believes Davide is someone who "can turn a game on it's head"

As well as Somma, Rodgers has brought in 28 year old MK Dons striker, Jermaine Easter for a fee worth around 300k. He joins the team with immediate effect and will train with them over the course of 2 weeks before the season begins. Easter, who played for Plymouth before "The Dons" has thought to be relishing the opportunity to play for the South Wales side.

The other two loanee's to The Swans are Bolton's influental midfielder, J-Lloyd Samuel who signs on a end of season loan and Arsenal's Jay Emanuel-Thomas signs on a 3 month loan deal.

Jlloyd_Samuel_Bolton_Home_4.jpg

J-Lloyd Samuel & Jay Emanuel-Thomas both sign from Premier League teams.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:23 PM ----------

A Cold, Relaxing Sunday Morning In Swansea

IIDTD00Z.jpg

Brrr It was a cold Sunday morning, and I had just completed all of our pre-season fixtures however, I woke up at 9am this morning, and for some strange reason all that was on my mind was going for a walk? I don't know why, but I just wanted some fresh air. I arose from my warm, snug bed and dressed up in a warm, waterproof over layer with a pair of gloves & a scarf.

I set out along the foggy, windy lanes of Swansea to clear my head.. I tried to figure out what the urge was to go for a walk and clear my head, I just didn't know what to do. I was worrying about something, which had never worried me as much as this before. It wasn't until I checked my mobile phone, that it clicked. "Good Luck For Saturday mate, show them scummers you mean business". Of course, in 12 days I would walk out of the tunnel at the Cardiff City Stadium for my first ever league game as Swansea City boss, and what a coincidence, my first task was to come over my first ever South Wales Derby against Cardiff City.

A huge smile arose across my face, and a thought rushed through my head.. "I'm going to do this for the fans!" before being brought back to life with a loud horn from a following driver, who had nearly run me over after I was walking in the middle of the road whilst daydreaming..

I could become a legend in my first game, or I could be the most hated man in Swansea? It's really up to me, I thought.

Very nice Daniel. :) You have a great layout a nice style of writing.

Just started a Swansea game myself.

Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply mate! I started a swansea story in FM 2010, but I lost interest. Without any lies, I have taken inspiration from your story with my writting. Although I've been a Swansea City fan for 10 years+, I have read your story and I take bits to improve mine. I love reading it! :) keep it up.

attachment.php

The Cardiff City Stadium: Hero Or Most Hated Man In Swansea?

0,,10335~5907658,00.jpg

Cardiff City v Swansea City

Saturday Morning: Cardiff City Stadium

----
Today was the day when I would find out my fate.. I could be known as a Swansea Legend, until the next time around anyway.. Or I could be hated in Swansea just for one result. But as a big Swansea City fan, I know this isn't just any other result. This game is more than that, it's a South Wales Derby, Cardiff against The Swans.. It's all or nothing.

----

Saturday Afternoon, 12.00pm: The away changing room.

dressing-room-001.jpg

My heart was beating, my pulse increased as we pulled up outside the stadium. The bus was surrounded by bright, sparkly police jackets, holding off the Cardiff faithful. Chanting became louder as the Bus door flung open, I was the first to step off the bus to the loud chants of "Swansea Scum, Swansea Scum!" I took it in my stride. Walked forward, turned to the fans, smiled and entered the players & officials door.

I took the sharp turn right, and entered the old tatty door "Away Team" which had a sticky note placed under it reading "aka - Scum". I could tell, and the players could we were not welcome in such an environment, but we weren't scared. We could see they had done their bit to try and scare us, turning our changing room into a bomb site. Empty bottles plastered the floors, lumps of mud and sand were thrown across the changing room floors & walls, and wet toilet roll was stuck to the seating benches.

I once again, smiled it off, encouraged the lads we could get the result today and one thing that's always inspired me as a kid "Let them do the talking, we'll do the football!"

With that, a large surge of voices hit the room from the players which sent the hairs on my neck to stand up..

Last edited:
Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply mate! I started a swansea story in FM 2010, but I lost interest. Without any lies, I have taken inspiration from your story with my writting. Although I've been a Swansea City fan for 10 years+, I have read your story and I take bits to improve mine. I love reading it! :) keep it up.

Wow, I am delighted to hear that! :)

I have always had a soft spot for Swansea. I hope we see you in the Premier League next year. :)

I've seen your story mate ^ I did consider looking at it, but I don't really like story in the format of yours, I prefer first person stories. Sorry dude..

Yeah I am actually doing a first person story but I believe that there are more important things than writing a billion pointless things when it's better that people see the way you're team played. The billion pointless things are still O.K to write if you write them good.You did that.

Yeah mate, but they ain't pointless because that's the point of the story. If you want people to see how well your doing, there's a "post your success" thread on the forum. But keep up the work on your story, I'm sure you'll get followers!!

Yeah thanks for the advice I'll try adapting some things from the way you wrote your story. For the successes part I would post my successes there but I would post them there when I would have some, and for now I don't have so... what can you do?

attachment.php

Rodgers Picks Up First Point Against Bluebirds

0,,10335~3695601,00.jpg

Cardiff City 1-1 Swansea City

The stadium went all silent, the fans ushed out in their thousands and I remember looking over to the away section of the ground, and streams of hands raised above people's heads clapped in sync. My hearing slowly came back from a blur, when I heard the fans chanting "Brendan Rodgers Barmy Army!" followed by claps and more claps. I felt a tingle inside my stomach.

-----

0,,10273~8099796,00.jpg

Swansea fans after the final whistle.

My first ever game in charge of Swansea City, and I had brought them to a tense environment to face our arch rivals, one of the worst rivalries around today. I had picked up my first point. I felt a wide smile take to my face, before my brain told me to walk over to the away fans and show them respect for trusting in me. I took off my warm, snug Swansea Scarf and launched it into the stand. A little following Swansea lad, pounced the scarf before wrapping it firmly around his neck. What a day to be a Swansea City Fan, never mind a manager.. And this was only the beginning. I clapped, turned and walked down the tunnel to congratulate my players in the changing room..

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

attachment.php

BREAKING NEWS: Rodgers Taken To Hospital Following South Wales Derby

article-0-061E599C000005DC-400_468x286.jpg

Rodgers will be treated at the luxury suite at Morriston Hospital

Swansea City have today been shocked with the news that Brendan Rodgers has been taken too Hospital following multiple facial injuries after two bottles were launched into the crowd of staff and players, as he entered the team coach.

Rodgers, who has reportedly taken one of the bottles to his face and reserve team player, Shaun Macdonald has also taken a impact shot to the back of the head. The two Swansea City staff will be treated at their local hospital, Morriston in Swansea. The news comes two days before Swansea's cup clash against Dag & Red, and with doctors estimating that Rodgers will be out for up to 6 days, it is expected that Rodgers will miss both the cup clash and their league fixture against Reading in 4 days.

Alan Curtis, Swansea City's first team coach told Sky Sports:- "The unfortunate events that happened during the exit of the Cardiff City Stadium have forced Brendan to pull out of all managerial jobs for up to 6 days. I will take charge of day to day runnings at the club until his return and we wish him and Shaun a speedy recovery."

I realised that. This story caused The African Times to publish on their website that this was all true.. I couldn't believe it!

Very good story mate i will defo be following, nice balance and your writing style is good, thinking of starting a swansea story myself. Keep it up :D