Aristophanes

Reaction score
Having not played football manager seriosuly for at least 6 months, I have decided to relearn the game, in time for FM 2014.

My experience of the game is somewhat limited having only played from FM2011 until now, and never consistently, therefore I shall drag you poor unfortunate souls who have stumbled across this thread with me!

I am a terribly sarcastic person in real life, so please do not take anything to heart! But seriously for the first few posts and possibly pages I wish you luck, I shall be attempting humour, banter and all sorts of terribly sneaky tricks to keep you involved at all possible levels, whether you are just chuckling to yourself at my terrible decisions, tactics, choice of words etc

Enough of me rambling onto the real challenge at hand!

To work my way to the top from the most obscure leagues in the world, to some of the best, while also dabbling a bit in international management. Perhaps I might even do well! (God forbid a positive thought entering my head at this moment in time!

Again I am rambling :)

Right this time for real! (I do hope that you are still with me at this point!)

Welcome to Oceania!

For my first jittery steps into the world of management, I have decided to find a job in Oceania....

Lady Luck shall just be a peripheral figure for this is the moment I have been given to prove to the world, that Jose is not the special one!

Welcome to my world!

For those who want to have it...

steam account: rgs2009

Last edited:
wonderful rookie error just now...

would a very kind person who knows how, move this to the correct area...

Thanks

LOL, I like you.
xD
Would you mind if I added you on Steam?

The Jetsetter's welcome unknown manager into their midsts....

Welcome to Fiji and the club that has decided to risk their somewhat illustrious reputation on a relatively uknown entity in the form of me! The poor sods just have no clue what has hit them!

Founded in 1937, the Jetsetters have really not achieved anything of any note since the 1990s when they qualified for the Oceania Champions Trophy in 1999. Since the 1990s, despite Football Manager thinking that they have won nothing... (I wont correct him... have to keep him happy otherwise he might break you see!) Well in reality Nadi seem to have been rather successful, in 1999 with the OCC and then in 2000 going unbeaten!

Playing at Prince Charles Park, which holds a nominal capacity of 18,000 people, most of whom go and watch the rugby, about a total of one come and watch the football, and that is probably me or the local tramp who I have hired to support the team!
So what do I intend to do? The club has some interesting players, the assistant manager is definitely high on drugs and there are only 10 teams in the league! Currently as I write this, I still have another 96 days until the league starts.... It seems that I shall have to arrange some friendlies otherwise I may just have to resign from boredom!

Although following my match with the reserves I can truly understand why things such as this occur.....

View attachment 371896
Remember foot to ball... not foot to air!​

The team currently has no actual right back, left winger and only has one full back so I am going to have to make some forays into Fiji's population and just snap up some random people and turn them into football players... At least Fiji has a fairly big population of nearly 900000 people! I may just actually find someone half decent! That update is on its way very soon!

In the mean time, lets just appreciate the view outside my back window

Ok, Happy time is over the serious business is about to start!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, and you Ed, just give up with your attempt at politics for the moment! Its not going too well!
Seat yourselves down, the adventure of a life time is about to begin! You thought that walking on the moon was something! Well you are in for a treat and a half!

Breaking News: Jetsetter's pack managers bag and give him one way ticket to Asia!

Send him home!

View attachment 372002
Large crowds of Nadi supporters, sometimes numbering up to 2 people have been gathered outside the Prince Charles Park, demanding the resignation of their current manager, Aristophanes the Greek! The young, unknown and enthusiastic manager had no option to agree when faced with protesters such as seen above and below. He was heard as saying he would prefer to be a goalkeeper facing Fernando Torres, as then at least then if he was shot at, the sublime spanish striker was more than likely to miss! (Torres has refused to comment on this story, but sources suggest he might be crying in the changing rooms again, either due to this recent comment or the news that Rooney, Terry and Dembe Ba had all been out with his girlfriend).

In respect for the fans, and in acceptance of the terrible job that he was doing, Aristophanes reluctantly handed in his resignation. Reports suggest that he has now had enough of these '****** tiny islands' with their islanders who really just do not know how to play football!

Reports suggest that Aristophanes is on his way to Asia via packing crate, on a ship controlled by penguins, with a lion, a hippo, a hypochondriac of a giraffe and a drugged up Zebra for company! Again we cant be sure how much of this is actual facts and how much is the truth. What we do know for certain is that Aristophanes is on his way to Asia... so see you there!

Update to follow soon possibly tonight or tomorrow depending on interest levels etc...

In the mean time, what advice does everyone have on things such as tactics, for example should I play with 5 defenders or should I have 4 and a a DM?

This looks brilliant! However why have you resigned? league update would be good. IMO 4 defenders and 1 dm is best

Un ange se promène parmi nous! - An Angel walks amongst us!

On his way to Asia, the plane of Aristophanes experienced some difficulties mid air, and had to land in Tonga! The story goes is that while having a stroll down the promenade, Aristophanes was approached by a man in a suit, who claimed that he had heard of him, and thus offered him a job with Navutoka FC! Now my first instinct would have been shock, more at the fact that someone knew of me, there was a club by this name in Tonga, and that they wanted me to run it!

To be fair the part that I have neglected to mention, is that they only had one match left in their season! This ironically was the breakthrough that I had been looking for! Thus my story returns on Friday 26.4.2013! One day before the big show down......

(No pressure at all!)

For those that do not know, Navutoka FC are one of the better Tongan teams, although they have never actually won anything, and their current season has been rather amazing in terms of their standards! Thus let me set the scene... Final day of the season, the top three teams are all on the same points, yet with GD Navutoka would end up a miserable 3rd place! Thus my aim was to win and to win big! (We were playing the bottom team at this point) Lucky me eh?

So with my current record of having only two victories out of 8 attempts - with the Jetsetters - the pressure was on me, to deliver tactically and emphatically!

View attachment 372462

I actually won!

(queue ironic cheering and me fainting)
So I have won my first trophy! A rather special moment, considering it was the AI which did most of the work, I took charge of one game... finished the season in first place and as a result have become a much more well known manager! So well know in fact that this happened!

The something did happen to shock me! I was approached by CS Nekoue! From New Caledonia!

I accepted of course!

So from one celebration to another! This means that with CS Nekoue, who I intend to win the Oceania Champions League with, I shall spend longer than one season for sure and hope to leave a lasting impression with them!

So who are CS Nekoue?

Well I will tell you.... your just going to have to wait and see! :)