Once Bitten, Twice As Deadly - A Wolves Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfcepic

Reaction score
Wolves - A background

Wolverhampton Wanderers, also known as Wolves, are a professional football team currently playing in the Premiership. They play their home games at Molinuex and possess top training facilities and an excellent youth set up. The club have a fierce rivalry with West Brom.
Wolves best spell was in the 1950, when they won the First Division/Premier leauge 4 times, and finished runners-up on 5 other occasions. They have also won the FA cup on 4 occasions, and have also once on the UEFA cup.

Mick Mcarthy resigns.

The Wolves chairman, Steve Morgan, today announced that Mick Mcarthy has resigned as manager. After a short search, Steve Morgan appointed ex-footballer Timmy Turner. In an interview with the new manager, he stated that his aim was to keep Wolves in the Premiership. He said that he would be concentraiting on a solid defence, and look to counter quickly. It is rumourd that Turner is in the market looking for a left back, but also looking for a powerful forward to use as a target man.

Key Players

Nenad Milijaš

milijas.jpeg

The Serbian has only just moves to Wolves, and has already expressed his desire to do well. The midfielder has brilliant long range shooting and freekick abillites and also has a very good cross. Turner must surely look to him to provide service for the front men.

Kevin Doyle

doylewolves.jpg

Another new player to Wolves who has expressed his desire to do well. The striker has great determination, and is always looking for the ball. He is also good at heading, and is hoping he can link up with Milijaš to produce goals.

Michael Kightly

_42891511_kightly_getty300.jpg

The young winger has spent the last 4 seasons at Wolves, and helped them reach promotion last season. The winger will look to use his speed to get around defenders and whip the ball into the box.

Timmy Turner's Diary - 7th July 2009

Today is my first day of management, and it feels great! The Wolves chairman has put his full faith in me, and to return that faith, my job is to ensure Premiership survival. Do do this I will need to bring in a few players. Currently I am looking at Mark Viduka and Lauren, and I hope to bring them to the club. Viduka will provide some strengh up top, to hold onto the ball and wait for players to get forward. In terms of tactics, I will probably play a 4-5-1, with 2 defensive midfielders. I will have some time to experiment in the pre-season matches, and hopefully I will find a working tactic before the season starts. We have Blackburn, Chelsea and Wigan in our opening 3 games, and we are looking to get off to a good start to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.