Pricey708

Reaction score
Hi Guys

With FM11 coming out next friday and mine being on pre-order this story may seem pointless to start but i'll give you the low down on the situation and then my story it self. Well the other day my laptop decided to die on me and the only way i could reset it was by whiping it clean and starting from scratch. So i did. I lost my network game me and my mate played at least once a week which due to other commitments on both parts had only done 3 seasons but my biggest loss was my career save. I'd started at Man City been sacked gone to Reading built my rep and gone to Fulham and turned them into a mamouth force that ahd won everything in site making me the leader in the hall of fame, not only this but i'd played my way into 2028. I was distraught we all know what it's like getting a 16-year old regen and turning them into the next best thing getting attached in the process. I decided as i'm currently off work for 6 weeks due to a back operation i would install 10 on my laptop and begin oncemore and try and force my way through at least 10 seasons before kick starting on 11. Also despite updating my game with the patches i decided to use the 10.2 database as thats what i'd used on my previous save.So here goes my first season for you....

As a life long Wolves fan it was my dream to manage my home town so when Steve Morgan and Jez moxey called me into their office because Mick McCarthy had left for personal reasons i couldn't believe my luck. I was offered the job and started right away. I knew i had a difficult task ahead and got to assessing my squad. I already knew which players i was looking to keep and who fitted my tactics. I arranged another meeting to discuss my targets and my budgets. I told them i was ambitious and mid table was my target, despite only just being promoted. 7.5million was my budget and i would be given 80% of whoever i sold to improve my team. Straight away i knew i needed to offload dead wood, the players had been fantastic for Mick but i was looking to the future. The casualties were Jody Craddock (Shef United 375k) Carl Ikeme (Ankaraspor 925k plus future incentives) Stephen Ward (QPR 2.3Mil) Matt Hill (QPR 1.6MIL) Andrew Keogh (Middlesbrough 1.9 Mil) Kevin Foley (Derby 3mil) Christophe Berra (Ipswich 3Mil). This gave me abit more to bring in players who suited my style of play. I looked free first and knowing my defence was now short aswell as suspect i brought in the experiance of Michael Ball and Sol Campbell beating off competition. I then wanted to bring some youth in and looking defensive again i brought in Miles Addison from Derby for 3mil and promising Argentine Nicolas Otamendi for 5mil. As far as i was concerned i knew my defence was still gonna be a weak area but i had confidence nether the less next i looked to add more depth to my attacking midfield as i operated with a 4-1-1-3-1 formation i delved into south america again securing another promising Argentine in Eduardo Salvio for 2.4mil and then to a promising Uruguay youngster in Nicolas Lodeiro who set me back 2.5mil. Also i wanted a new scout in order to secure some more promising youngsters so i brought in David Hammond from Reading. After revamping my training i decided that i would use friendlies to find my best team and after a hard work out at Dag & Redbridge with a comfortable 2-0 win and a dominating 6-0 win over my Feeder club Telford my big task was going to be the Televised home friendly against Roma. After a strong start we succumb to a 3-0 defeat with all goals coming from the 75th minute plus, after i'd rang out the changes for fitness purposes. I had a good idea of where my strengths were with David Jones and Matt Jarvis my main players in the friendlies along with Club record signing Kevin Doyle. I then turned focus to the league with two games to start where i knew i could get results first away to Wigan and then home to Burnley. We set about our business and signed Lodeiro the day before our trip to Wigan i set out my stall and with a superb Man of the Match performance from David Jones in my player maker role we beat wigan 3-2 with Millijas, Campbell and Doyle bagging the goals. The confidence took us to our home match with Burnley and infront of 28888 Doyle, Millijas, Campbell's second of the season!! and Nicolas Lodeiro scoring on his debut we overpowered Burnley 4-2 leaving us going strong before the league cup beckoned away to Southend. I decided to rest my first team for this game which proved a costly mistake as we were embarrassed 5-3 one positive was Sam Vokes 2 goals to back up my thoughts of him being a future star to come in. I ended August with my biggest test a home tie with the mega rich Man City. I told my boys lets cause a shock and do it for the fans. It was a sell-out 29303 turning up. We started suprisingly strong and When Matthew Jarvis turned inside Micah Richards and bent one in on the 15th minute the stands were electric. It was short lived from the kick off Carlos Tevez made my defence look silly and equalised. I was now in fear of the confidence being damaged. However it spurred us on Jarvis again the tormentor and he notched one from close range to give us a 2-1 lead on the 20th minute what a fantastic opening. I knew we were going to have to stay strong at the back but i also knew one goal lead wouldnt be enought and continued to attack. Our courage proved it's worth when David Jones picked up another assist as he threaded through Doyle who calmy slotted past Given 3-1 inside the half hour mark. This was incredible! We stayed firm i was hoping we'd hold our lead till half time. When Tevez struck again to make it 3-2 just before half time. In the dressing room i encourage my lads i wanted them to be strong as a team and confident.
and my words had an effect in the 69th minute when Lodeiro gave us our 2 goal advantage in the 69th minute. We then battled hard to hold it but Robinho made it tense when he made it 4-3 in the 75th we battled hard to hold on and got our rewards. A shock 4-3 win over the title hopefuls. What an august it was 3 wins out of 3 the places was buzzing ready for our september opening at the Emirates, Arsenal awaited us.....

View attachment 111646

View attachment 111647

View attachment 111648

More to come if people want?