One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

View attachment 17290

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
View attachment 17160

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Willems (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey (Hayden), Saint-Maximin*, Olmo, Almiron (Muto), Morelos (Joelinton)

WE WIN THE CARABAO CUP!!!!!!!

Unbelievable. Our 51 year wait for a major trophy is over as we sneak past Man City on penalties. When we fell behind in the 2nd minute thanks to Aguero heading in a Silva corner I thought it was going to be a hiding but we dug in and equalised through Saint-Maximin. Man City were the better side but towards the end of the match we had some chances and I thought we would nick it but Sane scored late on which was surely going to be the winner however Muto popped up in stoppage time to take us into extra-time.

Extra-time was a non event pretty much so we went to penalties and despite Joelinton missing our 2nd penalty, Silva and Stones missed their 4th and 5th while we scored our remaining 4 which meant Olmo's penalty won us the cup.

Man City had 29 shots to our 16 but we had 57% of possession and did very well. A minimum standard against the big teams has been set!

--

View attachment 17173

Lineup - Dubravka, Krafth, Schar (Lejeune), Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

A good win and a good performance but I am disappointed that we didn't score more as we played most of the game against 10 men and missed an early penalty. Cant grumble too much though as we did come from behind to win after all lol.

--

View attachment 17177

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Marcos Paulo (Torres), Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

A fine win which included a wonder strike from Almiron which came moments after Shelvey missed nis 2nd penalty in as many games. Morelos had another shocker. He really is struggling. Dani Olmo missed his first league game of the season here which leaves Dubravka and Morelos as the only ever presents.

--

View attachment 17262

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Marcos Paulo), Almiron* (Muto), Morelos

Morelos scores!!!! He is almost in double figures now. He certainly has been performing well below his abilities.

--

SUMMARY

As you can see this was a memorable month as we finally ended our major trophy hoodoo. We won the Carabao Cup (at 12.30am cos I couldn't sleep - thought I would play to send me asleep - just got me more excited lol) thanks to an enthralling penalty shoot-out win over Man City which ensures European football for next season - however we are set for higher targets than that!!

I will know announce that although it aint secured - 4th place and Champions League football is in the bag. I cant see us throwing away a 10/13pt lead and maybe, just maybe we can aim for 3rd and overtake Man City but I doubt that very much.

I got a decent looking CM in the youth intake but not much else and rewinding back 3 months it was announced that the UK is leaving the EU.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
View attachment 17263

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
View attachment 17291

congrats on the qualification

1577257737969.png

APRIL

mc.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Willems (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Muto (Marcos Paulo), Morelos

Meh. Man City gain their revenge. Totally outclassed tbh. Dubravka saved a last minute penalty from Aguero which was our main highlight.

--

manutd.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Krafth, Lejeune (Clark), Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Marcos Paulo), Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

We lost back to back games earlier this season to both of the Manchester clubs and it has happened again. We didn't deserve to lose but hey ho.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lejeune, Lascelles, Willems*, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Carroll)

I was delighted when Lejeune levelled in stoppage time as we deserved to win this match and it would have been criminal if we had walked away with nothing. Andy Carroll got a rare appearance - he is off to Portugal in the summer.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Krafth, Lejeune, Lascelles, Dummett, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Muto), Olmo, Almiron, Morelos*

That's now 4 games without a win and we were lucky to escape with a draw here as Palace had 2 goals disallowed. Fortunately we have a healthy lead over 5th place.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Krafth, Lejeune, Lascelles, Dummett, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo (Marcos Paulo), Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

The wheels seem to have come off. Another game without a win and we were made to pay for Shelvey missing a penalty that would have put us 2-0 up. I am happy that Matty Longstaff got his first goal but to not see out the match is a crime. 4th place is seriously under threat now.

--

SUMMARY

A horrible, horrible month as we failed to win any of our 5 games which sees our huge lead over 5th place be reduced to just 2pts. We have Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool left to play so we may not even reach the Champions League which would be a devastating blow.

As for Arsenal - they have Man City, Brighton and Aston Villa left to play - it is going to be close!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FLORIAN LEJEUNE
LEJEUNE.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APRIL.png

1577265717973.png

MAY

everton.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Lejeune, Clark, Willems, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

Back to winning ways and at the perfect time as Arsenal lost 3-0 to Man City. Everton had a man sent-off in the 2nd half which helped us. We go again!

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin (Krafth), Schar, Lejeune, Willems, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Marcos Paulo), Almiron, Morelos

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!!

Somehow we escaped with a point here as Chelsea battered us throughout and we held on. Arsenal somehow lost at home to Brighton so 4th place is secured.

--

LIVERPOOL.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lejeune, Willems (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Torres), Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

Despite taking a 2 goal lead against the newly crowned Champions we couldn't hold on but I don't really care lol.

--

SUMMARY

So the season is finished and we end up seeing it out and securing 4th place. We defeated Everton and then got draws against Liverpool and Chelsea to finish things off. Now the work begins for next season!!!

I have been given a transfer kitty of an initial £87m which I will top up with player sales.

End of season post to come.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DEANDRE YEDLIN
YEDLIN.png

View attachment 17351

MAY

View attachment 17347

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Lejeune, Clark, Willems, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

Back to winning ways and at the perfect time as Arsenal lost 3-0 to Man City. Everton had a man sent-off in the 2nd half which helped us. We go again!

--

View attachment 17348

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin (Krafth), Schar, Lejeune, Willems, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Marcos Paulo), Almiron, Morelos

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!!

Somehow we escaped with a point here as Chelsea battered us throughout and we held on. Arsenal somehow lost at home to Brighton so 4th place is secured.

--

View attachment 17349

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lejeune, Willems (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Torres), Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Joelinton)

Despite taking a 2 goal lead against the newly crowned Champions we couldn't hold on but I don't really care lol.

--

SUMMARY

So the season is finished and we end up seeing it out and securing 4th place. We defeated Everton and then got draws against Liverpool and Chelsea to finish things off. Now the work begins for next season!!!

I have been given a transfer kitty of an initial £87m which I will top up with player sales.

End of season post to come.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DEANDRE YEDLIN
View attachment 17350

Nice one you not updating later seeing it's Christmas Day?

1577313709667.png

END OF SEASON POST

What a season that was! In the league we were sailing away in our own little world in 4th place until we had a horrendous run at the end of the season where we only won 1 game from our last 8 and had our 14pt lead slashed to 2pts but we ended up finishing 4pts clear to give us Champions League football.

In the FA Cup we drew Chelsea and literally so in the first match before losing narrowly in the replay but in the Carabao Cup we won our first major trophy in decades as we edged past Man City on penalties after a 2-2 draw. I now expect a trophy every year but next year wont be easy without a throwaway Charity Shield or whatever lol.

Off the field we were taken over and Mike Ashley is gone and the new board have liked me so far and for next season (and the next couple) they expect us only to be a consolidated Premier League club - I expect much more than that!!!!

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
TABLE.png

2nd top scorers and only 6 defeats - mustn't grumble lol. The defence is a worry though and so funnily enough is the attack. Delighted that Aston Villa got relegated.

--

SQUAD

team.png

team.png

Goalkeepers - I use the plural term jokingly as only Martin Dubravka played and he did very well. Freddie Woodman will be back next season from his loan spell so may be a cup keeper.

Defenders - Despite a poor defensive record I was quite happy with my defence. Lascelles and Schar were my main pairing while Lejeune got plenty of games too. Yedlin and Willems impressed and I dont have any complaints really.

Midfielders - The strongest part of my side. Sean Longstaff did OK and developed well while Shelvey was the creative hub of the side and if he didnt miss a few penalties would have been my player of the year despite having the highest AVR. Club record signing Olmo and Almiron impressed but it was Allan Saint-Maximin who stole the show as he was top scorer with 21 goals, won the young player of the year and was just amazing. I wanted to play Matty Longstaff and Lewis Ferguson more but it was not to be - European football will help that out hopefully.

Forwards - The weakest part of my side. I had high hopes for Morelos but he disappointed despite scoring 2 on his debut and only ended up with 11 goals. Joelinton never started in the league and scored a few while Andy Carroll was an U23 player. I still have high hopes for Morelos but his coat is on a shoogly peg lol.

My Player of the Year - Allan Saint-Maximin
My Young Player of the Year - Dani Olmo
Must Do Better - Alfredo Morelos
Donkey of the Year - Andy Carroll (love him to bits though)

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have a few players who I am planning to sell but have no idea who to buy lol. I would like to have more English players (despite being a passionate Scot lol) in the squad but ultimately I will go for quality. Its basically all up in the air tbh.

1577367213757.png

PRE-SEASON

I had a weird summer. For the first half I just sold players and didn't have a clue who to bring in. Then I went in for some players and pulled out before bringing in several players who will hopefully take us onto the next level.

With board expectations and player sales etc I had at one point £145m of a transfer kitty and at the time of writing - just after deadline day - I have £14m left so that shows that I haven't been afraid to splash the cash.

I will now go on and show you what transfer dealings I have done but I should tell you that England beat Belgium 1-0 in the final of the European Championships.

--

PLAYERS OUT
PLAYERS OUT.png

Some interesting sales here. I got rid of Joelinton as I just dont like him and if Newcastle ever recoup £16.5m in him like I did in real life I will be amazed. The likes of Murphy, Clark, Muto (despite him bringing in the most shirt sales) and Lazaar were always going to happen but the transfer of Martin Dubravka was a surprise but I found a better replacement and I was happy to rake in a potential £20m for a 31y/o.

Miguel Almiron is currently transfer listed by request as I rejected a bid less his value from a Chinese club. They only offered me £30m but I would want closer to £50m at the moment.

Marcos Paulo is close to going out on loan too.

--

PLAYERS IN
PLAYERS IN.png

So there you have it. My main signing undoubtedly was that of Fabio Silva from Porto for a club record £40m. I also agreed a deal with Erling Haaland but he wanted more money and a release fee so I plumped for the 17y/o Silva. I hope the youngster will cope with the pressure of the no.9 shirt and with Alfredo Morelos in the squad I have plenty of competition for the forward spot.
silva.png

The reason I say that I have competition for the strikers is due to a pleasant surprise of a signing in Robert Bozenik from my feeder side Zilina. My DoF recommended him and with me not being successful up to that point in the market I thought he would be decent for £1.2m and upon signing he immediately jumped up to £16m in value!!!
bozenik.png

Andre Onana came in from Ajax for a bargain £24.5m and will be my new keeper. The Cameroon international was a bargain at that price and will be a key player for the next few years.
onana.png

Karamoko Dembele came in from Celtic for £17m and I am excited about him. The 17y/o has chosen to play for England at the minute so hopefully I can get him to switch allegiances to Scotland lol. I had my eye on him for a while and I needed a RW so off I went to bring him in. He will get plenty of first team football so I cant wait to see how he progresses.
dembele.png

I brought Kevin Mbabu back to the club for £13.5m and he will be my new RB. The fact he was trained by the club in his youth is an added bonus although with Woodman, the Longstaff brothers and Dummett I wasn't struggling tbh.
mbabu.png

Luka Ivanusec came in on deadline day for £13m from Dinamo Zagreb. He looks a great player and it has dawned on me that I have pinched 2 of their players to be my AMC as I got Olmo off them last season. Ivanusec was the right quality of player to bring in as backup as he will get plenty of games with us being in Europe etc.
ivanusec.png

I moved to sign Lee Kang-In as like Dembele I needed another winger. He is a natural on either side and will hopefully make up for the loss of Muto and the shirt sales that comes our way lol. If he develops fully I think he could be a top class player. At 19y/o he is one of a few teenagers in my first team squad alongside Silva and Dembele.
lki.png

My final signing for the first team squad was Sebastiano Luperto who came in from Napoli for a bargain £1.3m. With Clark being sold I needed another CB and he was recommended to me by my scouting team and he was transfer listed. Upon signing his value shot up to about £14m so I was well pleased with that lol.
luperto.png

My other signings - Ulariaga, Garre, Belet and Vickers - were mainly to strengthen the U23 side and add a bit of squad depth although Ulariaga didn't get a work permit so was loaned out to Racing Santander. He is the top prospect out of the 4 I think and deserves a screenshot lol. Belet is a regen.
ulariaga.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

A few changes as you can see!!! Onana will be my new keeper while Freddie Woodman has returned from his loan spell to be my backup keeper. Mbabu will start as my first choice RB but the rest of the starting XI will remain unchanged apart from Silva being up front but as I said - if he struggles I wont be scared to drop him for Morelos.

--

SEASON HOPES

Win a trophy and get Champions League football for next season. I have no interest in regressing. With the added impact of my young players brought in it is crucial that I develop them also.

--

PREMIER LEAGUE MOVERS AND SHAKERS

Promoted to the Premier League are Fulham, Brentford and Nottingham Forest.

Roberto Martinez is the new Spurs manager

transfers.png

transfers 2.png

Attachments

• mbabu.png
    mbabu.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 1577367197536.png
    1577367197536.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 58
1577377484419.png

newcastle 7-1 spurs 1996

(FOR THIS SEASON I WILL POST VIDEO LINKS OF MATCHES THAT WERE MEMORABLE IN MY TIME OF SUPPORTING NEWCASTLE. CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE FOR SOME NUFC GREATNESS LOL)

AUGUST

watford.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems*, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Dembele, Ivanusec (M.Longstaff), Almiron, Silva

We kick off the season with a win and a decent performance. The opener came when Dembele combined with Silva on their debuts while Shelvey fired in the winner from the edge of the area. Ivanusec had a poor debut but I was delighted that Silva scored. Mind you Morelos scored twice on his debut last season!

We were without Saint-Maximin, Lee Kang-In and Olmo due to their involvement in the Olympics.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Silva (Morelos)

I don't know what the **** happened here but it was not acceptable. We fell behind but levelled thanks to a wonderful solo goal from Saint-Maximin. It was pretty boring tbh until I made my subs and immediately Morelos headed in and then Ivanusec rounded the keeper for the 3rd. The game was won and we threw it away. That ***** Pickford will be delighted.

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Olmo (M.Longstaff), Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Bozenik

We went into this game without a fit striker. I had planned to start Morelos but he got injured, then Silva picked up a knock (Ivanusec too) so Bozenik came in for his debut but he was tired after playing for my U23 side but he was the only forward I had!!! In the end he got a debut goal as he capitalized on a short pass-back.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles (Lejeune), Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Olmo, Almiron, Bozenik (Silva)

A fantastic win as we thump Spurs to add to their woes after they have started the season shockingly. Shelvey scored a long range strike which could be a goal of the season contender.

--

SUMMARY

This month was near perfect apart from our capitulation against Everton when we drew 3-3 after being 3-1 up going into injury time. We have started the season very well and the win over Spurs was very impressive. To do this with the injuries etc that we have had gives me high hopes for the season.

In the cups we have been given a tricky away tie to Leicester in the Carabao Cup while in the Champions League we have got away with one as despite being seeded 4th we have been given a favourable group alongside Bayern Munich, Zenit St. Petersburg and Olympiakos.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONJO SHELVEY

shelvey.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUGUST.png

Last edited:
View attachment 17457

newcastle 7-1 spurs 1996

(FOR THIS SEASON I WILL POST VIDEO LINKS OF MATCHES THAT WERE MEMORABLE IN MY TIME OF SUPPORTING NEWCASTLE. CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE FOR SOME NUFC GREATNESS LOL)

AUGUST

View attachment 17450

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems*, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Dembele, Ivanusec (M.Longstaff), Almiron, Silva

We kick off the season with a win and a decent performance. The opener came when Dembele combined with Silva on their debuts while Shelvey fired in the winner from the edge of the area. Ivanusec had a poor debut but I was delighted that Silva scored. Mind you Morelos scored twice on his debut last season!

We were without Saint-Maximin, Lee Kang-In and Olmo due to their involvement in the Olympics.

--

View attachment 17451

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Silva (Morelos)

I don't know what the **** happened here but it was not acceptable. We fell behind but levelled thanks to a wonderful solo goal from Saint-Maximin. It was pretty boring tbh until I made my subs and immediately Morelos headed in and then Ivanusec rounded the keeper for the 3rd. The game was won and we threw it away. That ***** Pickford will be delighted.

--

View attachment 17452

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Olmo (M.Longstaff), Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Bozenik

We went into this game without a fit striker. I had planned to start Morelos but he got injured, then Silva picked up a knock (Ivanusec too) so Bozenik came in for his debut but he was tired after playing for my U23 side but he was the only forward I had!!! In the end he got a debut goal as he capitalized on a short pass-back.

--

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles (Lejeune), Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Olmo, Almiron, Bozenik (Silva)

A fantastic win as we thump Spurs to add to their woes after they have started the season shockingly. Shelvey scored a long range strike which could be a goal of the season contender.

--

SUMMARY

This month was near perfect apart from our capitulation against Everton when we drew 3-3 after being 3-1 up going into injury time. We have started the season very well and the win over Spurs was very impressive. To do this with the injuries etc that we have had gives me high hopes for the season.

In the cups we have been given a tricky away tie to Leicester in the Carabao Cup while in the Champions League we have got away with one as despite being seeded 4th we have been given a favourable group alongside Bayern Munich, Zenit St. Petersburg and Olympiakos.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONJO SHELVEY

View attachment 17453
--

PREMIER LEAGUE
View attachment 17458

What was the score verses Spurs?

1577447213789.png

Newcastle 4-0 Olympiakos 2004/05

SEPTEMBER

soton.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Schar (Lejeune), Lascelles, Willems, Hayden, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

Although we were the better side here I am not happy with the performance as we just didn't create enough chances. A disappointing draw. Lascelles got booked which made it 5 bookings in 5 games and a suspension ffs.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
olympiakos.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune (Luperto), Lascelles, Dummett, Hayden*, M.Longstaff (Ferguson), Dembele, Ivanusec, Lee Kang-In, Bozenik

After more than 15 years we were back in the Champions League and it was a memorable occasion as we got a flattering 4-1 victory. I took a risk by playing a backup side and although the 2 late goals by Bozenik added an extra gloss to the scoreline I am naturally delighted with the performance of some of my players.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lejeune, Willems*, Hayden, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Dembele), Silva (Morelos)

A comfortable victory where Dembele got his first goal for the club.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
leicester.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar (Lejeune), Lascelles, Willems*, Hayden, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Morelos

We progress into the 4th round with an easy win over Leicester. We were helped by the fact that Leicester fielded a really weakened side.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems, Hayden, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Lee Kang-In), Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Silva)

Our first defeat of the season comes against Chelsea who have a 100% record and Tammy Abraham scored his 3rd hat-trick of the season. Lessons need to be learned methinks.

--

bayern.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin (Lee Kang-In), Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron, Silva

Well I wasn't expecting this result!!!! We were excellent and fully deserved the win. Silva had a goal disallowed so it could have been more too. Fantastic.

--

SUMMARY

September was decent enough with both high and low points. In the league we dropped points at Southampton before beating Brighton and then losing to the in form Chelsea. In the cup competitons however we excelled as we thumped Leicester in the Carabao Cup (Wolves away in the next round) and in the Champions League we hit Olympiakos for 4 and then amazingly defeated Bayern Munich 2-0 to take charge of the group.

Next month will be really tough though as we have 5 away matches out of 6.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JETRO WILLEMS
WILLEMS.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEPT.png

1577539588793.png

Man City 3-3 Newcastle 1995-96 - Asprilla is literally a nutter here

OCTOBER

bmth.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems (Yedlin), S.Longstaff, Shelvey (Ivanusec), Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

Bournemouth away is a tough fixture, especially with the players they have signed, so to come back from 2-0 down to get a point is very pleasing.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Dembele), Silva*

Another great home win as Man City are swotted aside here. We fell behind but then roared ahead with Fabio Silva netting twice (he could have scored 4 tbh) and St. Max getting the other. When they pulled one back I thought we might collapse like we have done before so I went all defensive and saw the game out.

--

zenit.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune, Lascelles, Dummett, Hayden, M.Longstaff, Dembele, Ivanusec, Lee Kang-In, Morelos (Bozenik)

We keep up our 100% record in the group as my backups did the job. Sure I was raging when they levelled in the last minute but fortunately Yedlin struck in stoppage time to give us the win.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

Our good run of form continues with a win here thanks to Saint-Maximin's fantastic hat-trick (check the pattern of the minutes he scored in) Our next match? Wolves away in the Carabao Cup lol.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
wolves cup.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Ivanusec*, Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Morelos (Bozenik)

I played a mix of first picks and backups and I got away with it - just! We took the lead but then threw it away however Sean Longstaff fired in an equaliser and Bozenik slotted past the keeper when one on one to grab the late winner.

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff*, Shelvey (Ivanusec), Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Silva

Three wins on the spin in the league now. Sean Longstaff scored a belter to put us ahead and Silva broke away for the killer 2nd. They had a goal disallowed inbetween.

--

SUMMARY

A near perfect month with our first game - the draw away to Bournemouth - being the only won we didn't win. The highlight of the month was the 3-2 win over Manchester City although the 2 away wins against Wolves were decent too. We are 3rd in the league (miles behind leaders Chelsea), in the Carabao Cup quarter finals where we will play Bournemouth and top of our group in the Champions League - all is dandy!!!

Also the board have agreed to improve our youth level, youth facilities and training facilities.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SEAN LONGSTAFF
LONGSTAFF.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

oct.png

1577553228542.png

Newcastle 4-3 Norwich - 2016-17 - Gayle hat-trick with last 2 goals coming after 96 and 97 min

NOVEMBER

zenit.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune, Luperto, Dummett, Hayden (Ferguson), M.Longstaff, Dembele, Ivanusec*, Lee Kang-In, Morelos

This was an entertaining affair with 5 goals and a disallowed one from them also. Ivanusec is really impressing me and is performing far better than Dani Olmo at the minute - food for thought. This win secures our place in the knockout stages.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Lejeune (Luperto), Lascelles, Dummett, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Olmo, Almiron, Silva*

Fabio by name fab by nature! Fabio Silva scored a tremendous hat-trick to give us the points here. Credit also goes to Paul Dummett who came into the side and got 2 assists.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff*, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Dembele), Silva (Morelos)

We weren't at our best here but we got our 5th league win in a row thanks to Sean Longstaff's strike from the edge of the area.

--

olympiakos.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeue, Luperto, Dummett, Hayden, M.Longstaff (Ferguson), Dembele, Ivanusec*, Saint-Maximin, Morelos (Bozenik)

A terrific performance which wins us the group as Bayern drew with Zenit. Ivanusec ran the show while Luperto scored a screamer from 20 yards out. Very nice.

--

forest.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles (Lejeune), Willems, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo, Cherki (Garre), Silva

6 wins in a row in the league now. I had to rest Almiron but with Dembele and Lee Kang-In injured it gave Rayan Cherki a chance to impress. He was average.

--

SUMMARY

Every game was won in November so I am naturally delighted. To be fair the fixture list was kind to us but we still performed admirably and we have actually won our last 10 games in all competitions which is fantastic. We are now just 6pts off the top of the league although I think that is still a step to far but who knows?

Our wins over Zenit and Olympiakos means that we have won our Champions League group with a game to spare. Going into the competition I thought 3rd place and a Europa League spot would be more likely giving our seeding and I would have fancied our chances in the lesser competition but we were given a kind draw and have sailed through it so far - despite playing my backups most of the time.

In the FA Cup we have drawn Cheltenham at home.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA
SILVA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
NOV.png
Leicester and Watford sack their managers

Looking good so far this season! Title push on the cards?

View attachment 85691
Newcastle 4-3 Norwich - 2016-17 - Gayle hat-trick with last 2 goals coming after 96 and 97 min

NOVEMBER

View attachment 81609

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune, Luperto, Dummett, Hayden (Ferguson), M.Longstaff, Dembele, Ivanusec*, Lee Kang-In, Morelos

This was an entertaining affair with 5 goals and a disallowed one from them also. Ivanusec is really impressing me and is performing far better than Dani Olmo at the minute - food for thought. This win secures our place in the knockout stages.

--

View attachment 81611

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Lejeune (Luperto), Lascelles, Dummett, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Olmo, Almiron, Silva*

Fabio by name fab by nature! Fabio Silva scored a tremendous hat-trick to give us the points here. Credit also goes to Paul Dummett who came into the side and got 2 assists.

--

View attachment 81617

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff*, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron (Dembele), Silva (Morelos)

We weren't at our best here but we got our 5th league win in a row thanks to Sean Longstaff's strike from the edge of the area.

--

View attachment 82633

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeue, Luperto, Dummett, Hayden, M.Longstaff (Ferguson), Dembele, Ivanusec*, Saint-Maximin, Morelos (Bozenik)

A terrific performance which wins us the group as Bayern drew with Zenit. Ivanusec ran the show while Luperto scored a screamer from 20 yards out. Very nice.

--

View attachment 84451

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles (Lejeune), Willems, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Olmo, Cherki (Garre), Silva

6 wins in a row in the league now. I had to rest Almiron but with Dembele and Lee Kang-In injured it gave Rayan Cherki a chance to impress. He was average.

--

SUMMARY

Every game was won in November so I am naturally delighted. To be fair the fixture list was kind to us but we still performed admirably and we have actually won our last 10 games in all competitions which is fantastic. We are now just 6pts off the top of the league although I think that is still a step to far but who knows?

Our wins over Zenit and Olympiakos means that we have won our Champions League group with a game to spare. Going into the competition I thought 3rd place and a Europa League spot would be more likely giving our seeding and I would have fancied our chances in the lesser competition but we were given a kind draw and have sailed through it so far - despite playing my backups most of the time.

In the FA Cup we have drawn Cheltenham at home.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA
View attachment 85119

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
View attachment 85030
Leicester and Watford sack their managers

Awesome that lad, could this be the year?

1577629447694.png

VIDEO - Newcastle 4-3 Leicester 1996-97 - Shearer hat-trick

DECEMBER

liverpool.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron (Cherki), Silva (Morelos)

2nd v 3rd here and I have no complaints about losing this match as we were 2nd best throughout. We gave it a good go in the 2nd half but it was not too be.

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Ivanusec, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (M.Longstaff), Almiron (Dembele), Silva*

Leicester are without a manager and deep in relegation trouble despite having kept all their best players - surely too good to go down?

--

bayern.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune, Luperto, Dummett, Hayden, M.Longstaff (Ferguson), Dembele (Garre), Ivanusec, Saint-Maximin, Morelos (Bozenik)

With the group having already been one I played my backups and they did OK considering we had Dummett sent-off in the 1st half.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
bmth.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune, Lascelles (Luperto), Willems (Dummett), Hayden (Ferguson), M.Longstaff*, Dembele, Ivanusec, Almiron, Morelos

We reach the semis thanks to Matty Longstaff's 1st goal of the season. I took a risk and played a few backups and they did well.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Schar, Lejeune, Willems (Dummett), S.Longstaff*, Ivanusec (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron, Silva

An entertaining game where we raced into a 4 goal lead (and had a goal disallowed) and then let them have a couple of goals back which was slightly disappointing but scoring 4 goals away from home is always nice.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Schar, Lejeune, Willems, S.Longstaff (Ivanusec), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Olmo, Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

I see this very much as 2pts dropped as we were the better side and took the lead twice but got pegged back twice. Fabio Silva missed a 5th minute penalty which proved to be costly.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles (Lejeune), Dummett, S.Longstaff (Ivanusec), Shelvey, Dembele, Olmo, Saint-Maximin (Lee Kang-In), Silva

A horrific performance allows Arsenal to easily beat us and go above us in the table. We failed to score for the 1st time in the league here this season and we have conceded 10 goals in our last 5 league games - simply not good enough.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Onana*, Yedlin, Lejeune, Lascelles, Wlilems, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Hayden, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Ivanusec, Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Silva

Sure we won but we were very poor as the fact that Onana got the MOM award proves. Despite the poor performance we hung on and Silva also missed another penalty.

--

SUMMARY

December is always tough with the amount of matches and so it proved to be as we struggled for the majority of the month. We are certainly in a tough battle to get a Champions League spot for next season as Liverpool same safe but there are 4 other clubs fighting it out for 3 positions.

I would say that when we come up against really top opposition that we struggle but we have beaten Man City and Bayern Munich this season so that isn't really true. Our defence lets us down at times but we are a young side who is still learning.

In the cups everything was dandy and we have had lady luck smiling on us regarding the draws for the next stages as we will play FC Porto, Wigan Athletic and Cheltenham Town in the Champions League, Carabao Cup and FA Cup - very winnable ties!

I also sacked Steve Agnew as my assistant manager and appointed a Spanish coach from Leeds as his replacement.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDRE ONANA
onana.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

MANAGER CHANGES

Spurs sack Roberto Martinez and appoint Roberto Mancini
Watford appoint Senol Gunes as their new manager
Fulham pick Nenad Bjelica to lead them forward
Leicester City appoint Cristian Stellini​

1577701703628.png

VIDEO - Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal - The Comeback

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round
cheltenham.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune, Luperto, Dummett*, Hayden (Ferguson), M.Longstaff, Dembele, Ivanusec, Pavon (Lee Kang-In), Morelos (Bozenik)

We are through but I expected a bigger winning margin. Pavon made his debut and picked up an injury which forced him off.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
wigan1.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Lejeune*, Luperto, Dummett, Hayden, M.Longstaff (Ferguson), Lee Kang-In (Garre), Ivanusec, Cherki, Morelos (Bozenik)

This result should see us through to the final again and it should be a match against Man City as they won their first leg 6-2 lol.

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo (Lee Kang-In), Almiron, Silva*

WOW!!!!!

An amazing performance which I didn't see coming. Everyone played well but Silva and Shelvey especially stood out. Silva was gifted a hat-trick as he capitalized on 2 short pass backs and converted a penalty. Shelvey scored a screamer from 25 yards.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Pavon), Olmo (Ivanusec), Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

A great point. We seem to have a decent record against Man City and considering they are the team fighting for a Champions League place with us I am delighted to ****** a draw here.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff (Ivanusec), Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin (Lee Kang-In), Olmo, Pavon, Silva

If the last match was great then this one was far better lol. We get quick revenge against Arsenal who are also fighting with us for a Champions League place. Olmo put us in front and then Pavon scored his first for us and after that we were just solid and we pick up our 3rd clean sheet in a row in the league and 6 in all competitions.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
soton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems*, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Dembele, Olmo (Ivanusec), Lee Kang-In, Silva (Morelos)

It was a travesty that we didn't win this gae as we had 27 shots to their 5. Hopefully we will get the job done in the replay.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
wigan2.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Lejeune, Luperto, Dummett, Hayden (Ferguson), M.Longstaff, Dembele, Ivanusec, Lee Kang-In (Cherki), Morelos (Bozenik)

We reach the Carabao Cup final and will play Man City in it for the 2nd year running. I am just gutted that our run of clean sheets has ended when we conceded here.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Willems, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo*, Almiron (Pavon), Silva

A fine win but I am disappointed that we were cruising at 3-0 and found ourselves pegged back at 3-2. Fortunately Olmo got his 2nd late on to secure the win.

--

SUMMARY

We started 2021 with a string of fine results and performances which pleased me no end. In the league we thumped Bournemouth 6-0, got a great no score draw at Man City, beat Arsenal and also put 4 past Everton to see us in 3rd place and 4pts clear of the trapdoor of a Champions League spot in 5th place.

In the domestic cups we reached the final of the Carabao Cup after knocking out Wigan in the semis and we will play Man City again in the final while in the FA Cup we have a 4th round replay at home against Southampton which is definitely winnable.

Regarding transfers nobody left apart from Yannick Toure for £275k. He had potential but the loan moves weren't great for him and he hasn't stepped up his development.

I did bring in a player in the shape of Cristian Pavon from Boca Juniors for £4.5m. I didn't need another winger but to get a £20m rated winger so cheap was an opportunity I couldn't afford to miss. He was brilliant in FM19 so hopefully he will do well and at the very least we should get a large profit when we sell him.
pavon.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONJO SHELVEY
SHELVEY.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

jan.png

MANAGER CHANGE

Crystal Palace sack Roy Hodgson and appoint Brentford's Thomas Frank​

Amazing so far mate, Silva has hit the ground running and you've goals from all over the squad.

Any news on Almiron, is he still unhappy??

1577739947263.png

VIDEO - Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle - Cisse scores 2 world class goals

FEBRUARY

FA Cup 4th Round Replay
soton replay.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Willems (Yedlin), S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Pavon (Dembele), Olmo, Almiron, Morelos (Bozenik)

We reach the 5th round and will play Blackburn at home. Mbabu got his first goal for us but Willems got injured and will be out for about a month and will probably miss the Carabao Cup final.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Hayden (M.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Pavon), Olmo, Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

We lost here but we didn't deserve to lose. Silva had a goal disallowed at 1-0 and then they got the goal that killed it off. Morelos made the most of a short back pass but we just couldn't get the deserved equaliser.

--

watford.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin* (Pavon), Olmo, Almiron, Silva (Morelos)

3 goals in as many minutes condemn Watford to another defeat as they languish in the relegation zone. Dani Olmo is in terrific form at the minute and has 6 goals in his last 5 games.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, S.Longstaff, Shelvey (Hayden), Saint-Maximin (Lee Kang-In*), Olmo (Ivanusec), Pavon, Silva

Lee Kang-In came off the bench to score a terrific 1st goal for the club and snatched the MOM award from Kevin Mbabu in the process lol.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
porto.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Schar, Lascelles, Luperto, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Olmo, Almiron (Lee Kang-In), Silva*

A fine result that puts us in a strong position for the 2nd leg. Fabio Silva came back to haunt his former club with 2 well taken goals. Credit also goes to Luperto who came in out of the cold to play as an emergency left back due to Willems being injured and Dummett being suspended.

--

Carabao Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, S.Longstaff (Ivanusec), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Pavon), Olmo, Almiron, Silva*

WE RETAIN THE CARABAO CUP!!!

This was a thrilling final with Fabio Silva scoring a sensational hat-trick as he single handedly terrorised the Man City defence and in truth he could have scored 5 or 6. Man City gave as good as they got and the fact that Onana had a rating of 8.4 shows that they were always a threat.

--

SUMMARY

This month was near perfect as we were superb all month and got some fantastic results apart from an undeserved defeat away to Chelsea. In the league we are 4pts off top spot (still not thinking about that) and 4pts off 5th place with a game in hand (decent). In the Champions League we kicked off the knockout stages with a 3-2 win away to FC Porto with Fabio Silva scoring a double against his old club.

All that though was overshadowed by the fact we retained the Carabao Cup by beating Man City 3-1 thanks to a Fabio Silva hat-trick. We seem to have a hoodoo over Man City at the moment and lets hope that continues.

Finally there have been rumours of yet another takeover but it has been met with disdain by all concerned at the moment.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA
SILVA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

Manager Change

Brentford appoint Vladimir Petkovic as manager​

Amazing so far mate, Silva has hit the ground running and you've goals from all over the squad.

Any news on Almiron, is he still unhappy??

**** - forgot to update that!!!

When I was offered a paltry £30m (about his current value eek) I offered him out for nearer £50m but nobody was interested. He was contracted until 2023 but had a year option so I ****** him off even further by triggering that clause and then after a while he took back his transfer request!