One Last FM18 Hoorah - Looking For Quick Success!

FM_TNSSO

Reaction score
With Football Manager 2019 on the very near horizon, I'll admit I've struggled for motivation to play this year's game recently! I mean, let's face it, the forthcoming edition of our favourite sim looks like the best ever and I, for one, am already experiencing the kind of excitement that can only compare to that of when I'm on a promise from the Mrs!

However, withdrawal symptoms from FM have started to kick in and despite numerous attempts, Fifa 19 is failing to fill the void left behind by the fact I have no ongoing FM save in my life!

So I've decided to kick off one final game to get me through the next couple of weeks. It's a save I pretty much never do on football manager as I'll be starting with a top side. As this will only be a short term thing, the aim here is to win as much as I can in 1-2 seasons. I'm not looking to build for the future, invest in the club or bring in any wonderkids that will set the world alight in 5 years time! There's no time for all that....we need to win something, and win it quick!

I'll be kicking this one off with Napoli in the Italian Serie A. I still want a bit of a challenge to keep me interested and the obvious one here will be overhauling the mighty Juventus who have begun to completely dominate Italian football for the last few years!

Societ%C3%A0_Sportiva_Calcio_Napoli_logo.png

DiY2GtTX4AA81CR.jpg

With the assistance of an online Italian random name generator, I was able to come up with my manager I would create for this save. Everyone, meet Timoteo Magrino! However, with his name sounding like an exotic Colombian blend of coffee beans, we'll just call him Timo for short!

View attachment 34687

After a sit down with the chairman, I'm surprised to learn that Napoli have only 2 Serie A titles to their name?! And their youth recruitment and junior coaching leaves plenty to be desired....luckily I'm not building for the future here!

View attachment 34686

The squad is of a decent size, although my assistant manager clearly doesn't rate a few of our players, and I may look to move them on quickly to manufacture some funds for me to bring 1 or 2 players in!

View attachment 34685

Three players really stand out on paper as our best. They need little introduction....but I'll introduce them anyway! Marek Hamsik, Dries Mertens and Lorenzo Insingne will all be key in our push to dethrone Juve this year!

View attachment 34684

View attachment 34683

View attachment 34682

The pre season campaign will give me a chance to evaluate the squad and have a look at my players before the competitive stuff kicks off! We'll be back with our next update to see how the friendlies went and which players came in and out of the club!

View attachment 34681

i know the feeling, cant be bothered to update my barcelona save as none of the youth players are really going to come through much with like a week until the beta version but have to play something FM so just playing as PSG buying everyone i feel like after my last two saves have been signing no one with barcelona and being Truro, good luck

i know the feeling, cant be bothered to update my barcelona save as none of the youth players are really going to come through much with like a week until the beta version but have to play something FM so just playing as PSG buying everyone i feel like after my last two saves have been signing no one with barcelona and being Truro, good luck

Literally just filling the void lol! It's bad that our addiction to this ****** game is so strong that we can't even wait a week for the BETA to come without having 'something' to play!

Literally just filling the void lol! It's bad that our addiction to this ****** game is so strong that we can't even wait a week for the BETA to come without having 'something' to play!
keeping winding the missus up as our baby is due the same day as fm 19 is officially released, saying i may take my laptop to the hospital lol