Reaction score

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Manchester City call time on Mancini

roberto-mancini_1548483c.jpg

In an announcemant on the club website, Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and Owner Sheikh Mansour have told fans that Manager Roberto Mancini has been removed as his position at The City Of Manchester Stadium.

BBC Sport left up a poll over night to see who the fans think the next man in charge will be

Fabio Capello 53 %
fabiocapello.jpg

Alex Mcleish 20 %
mcleish.jpg

Kevin Keegan 16 %
Kevin+Keegan.jpg

Arsene Wenger 11 %
arsene-wenger.jpg

The decision of who will be the new manager will be made in the next few days ...

1 week later ...

Maradona new Man City manager !

Today Sheikh Mansour has told Sky Sports News that Diego Maradona will be in charge of Manchester City.

diego-maradona.jpg

Diego Marodona has had an exceptional life so far, he is arguably the best footballer to have lived having made 490 appearances for 6 different teams scoring 311 goals, which is an amazing record

He also played for Argentina 91 times scoring 34 goals, and in November 2008, he became Argentina manager and held the job for eighteen months, until his contract expired after the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

diego_maradona2_1656095c.jpg

He may be remembered for these things

a050114_ot_v_maradona_v.jpg

Gaining lots of weight

diego-maradona4.jpg

The hand of god

maradona_cig.jpg

Drugs

diego-maradona_1116639c.jpg

For becoming a football legend

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Diego Maradona adds to his back room staff

Diego Maradona has added Valter Di Salvo, Franco Baldini and Ricardo Moniz to his back room staff.

Valter Di Salvo
public%5Carticoli%5Cimmagini%5C7786_9695_di%20salvo.jpg

Franco Baldini
baldini_franco01g.jpg

Ricardo Moniz
Ricardo-Moniz-006.jpg

Transfer Rumors

Bayern Munich have agreed a fee around £60m with Manchester City for Arjen Robben (The Sun)

Fabio Coentrao has agreed personal terms with Arsenal (Various)

Diego Forlan will be on his way to Anfield in a £40m pound move (Various)

Dario Srna has attracted the interest of Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter Milan (Sk Sports.com)

Emmanuel Adebayor may be heading out of Eastlands as Inter Milan and Bayern Munich are interested in the unsettled forward (Various)

Davide Simone will join Manchester United for a fee to be around £675k (Various)

dario-srna_67153.jpg

Darijo Srna could be in the Premier League next season

Transfers in

Alphonse Areola - £825,000 (compensation)
areolalr4.jpg

Connor Wickham - £1,700,000 (compensation)
connor.jpg

Phil Airey - £2,800,000 (compensation)
phil-airey-484308740.jpg

Yoann Gourcuff - £20,000,000
Yoann-Gourcuff-002.jpg

Fabio Cannavaro - £1,000,000
42860.gif

Jermaine Jenas - £3,400,000
jermaine%20jenas_633572592499843750.jpg

Romelu Lukaku - £20,000,000
romelu_lukaku.jpg

Darijo Srna - £18,750,000
Srna+3.jpg

Guillermo Ochoa - £3,900,000
ochoa-guillermo_1734.jpg

Neymar - £20,000,000 (joins end of season)
Robinho+Neymar.jpg

Transfers Out

Javan Vidal - Hull - Loan
players_124687.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor - Inter Milan - £34,000,000
Emmanuel-Adebayor1.jpg

Robinho - Barcelona - £33,500,000
robinho_1242901c.jpg

Gregory Cunningham - Swansea - Loan
t_greg_cunningham_gregory_cunningham-1105124.jpg

Phil Airey - Oldham - Loan
0,,10278~3814582,00.gif

Total Spent - £72,000,000

Total Recieved - £68,000,000

Last edited:
Good story mate with some good signings check out my Man City story, might help ;)

nice buys there ... good decision selling adebayor and robinho mate never performed for me so i done exact same

Good Start Mate, some very good buys & good business offloading Robinho and Adebayor

Let me guess... Aguero and srna...?

I Have already got Srna and i have got three new players

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

maradona7.jpg

'Hello everyone and thanks for coming, i have our three players that we have signed to unveil to you today, so lets get straight down to business, first off he is a great player for his age and will be even better in a couple of years time, he will be a very good player for Manchester City in the future, and that player is... Marco Verratti !

He walks into the room nervously and takes a seat to the left of me

'Our next player is very very close to me, i have known him since he was born, it's my son in law Sergio Aguero !

He walks in and gives a little wave before sitting to my right

'Okay now our final player that we signed is a French international, a very talented player and i am proud to welcome into the room, Franck Ribery !

He walks in very calmly and sits next to Marco (Verratti)

'Okay now for the questions'

Daily Mail - Diego, these players obviously didn't come cheap can you tell us the price they cost ?

Maradona - No, sorry

Sky Sports News - Sergio (Aguero) , how do you feel about joining your step dad here at Eastland's ?

Aguero - It feels great, Manchester City have really good ambitions and i wan't to help them achieve that

BBC Sport - Marco, you have come here so young, are you looking to learn from the likes of Ribery, Silva and Milner ?

Verratti - Yes, they are great players, i believe if i watch them play i can pick things up and maybe push for a first team place.

The Sun - Finally, Franck (Ribery), the fans will expect you to perform are you confident of doing so ?

Ribery - Yes, the Premier League is a very hard league but i will do my all to help Manchester City to the top.

'Okay thats enough, thank you all for coming and good bye'

1205260643_0.jpg

_41819886_ribery416.jpg

attachment.php

Transfer Rumours

Blackpool are close to signing Andy Marshall on a free transfer (www.blackpoolfc.co.uk)

Birmingham are interested in signing £3.2m rated midfielder Chris Brunt (Various)

Sheffield Wednesdays Jermaine Johnson has been attracting the interest of Wigan, Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton and West Brom (Various)

Wade Elliot has agreed personal terms over a move from Burnley to Wigan (The Sun)

Wolves have signed Northern Ireland international Corry Evans (Various)

Manchester City have agreed personal terms with Fernando Torres but just need to agree a fee with Liverpool (Daily Mail)

Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Blackburn+Rovers+Pre+HkIdWSUvlkUl.jpg

Jermaine Johnson could jump up two leagues from League 1 into the Premier League

oneman.jpg

Last edited: