malcyelst

Reaction score
So there I was, download code in my hand and FM 2015 clicking up the m/bs as my anticipation grew. How I could be excited for the 14th year on the trot is a testament to SI and the ever improving (maybe not FM09...) series we all love. "I will be Bristol City for the usual 5 seasons and the start my career from there," was my normal conversation with myself. I pretty much manage a promotion within 2 or 3 seasons from League 1 and then consolidate in the championship until I move on to a League 2 team to start my career.
This time things are a little different.
I captured the League 1 title at a canter, just by using the pre installed 4-5-1 tactic and put it down to the game being a pre-patch, ease us in type of thing. I had lost 5 of the opening 7 games of the season in the Championship so I had a go at making a tactic that was purpose built for the players I had.
Now this may seem usual to most FM players, but I have never gotten along with the tactic maker, mainly because all the other tactics I had ever made were only good if I was after the record of most defeats in a row, but this time I opened up with a 3-3 draw away to Newcastle, not bad for bottom of the league against top. From there on in for that season I made the semi-final of the FA Cup, knocking out Liverpool in the quarters on penalties and losing to Man Utd by the odd goal in extra time, and then found myself 2nd in the league and promoted to the Prem with 2 games to go and it is only my second season and the 'real' game isn't even released yet.
What I have enjoyed most about my mini career so far is the amount of goals I score and concede and that fact that I only have one player in my team (Jarmeine Jenas) over 30.
I might actually carry on with my first saved game and see if I can get through to unlocking the no sacking stage and to actually win the Prem properly for a change.
View attachment 331262View attachment 331261