O'Neill resigned to losing Milner

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill admits James Milner could be on the verge of a move to Manchester City.

More...

How many more midfielders do they want??? Stephen Ireland must be heading out the door if milner comes in

Hopefully if he does go he'll start week in week out otherwise his talent will waste.

Hopefully if he does go he'll start week in week out otherwise his talent will waste.
Wishful thinking.

The most I can hope for is a fat transfer fee to sign some true talent.

I think shity should stop buying players, they've already got to get rid of so many it's inevitable that some quality players are going to suffer.

Milner is a quality player let's hope they're not going to destroy his career if a deal goes through.

Wishful thinking.

The most I can hope for is a fat transfer fee to sign some true talent.

Guardian is saying it's a deal worth 27.5 million. But that includes Ireland's valuation too.

Rather keep Ireland to be honest. :(

Rather keep Ireland to be honest. :(

I'd rather have Ireland too. Milner's hard working, versatile. But he doesn't have that "x-factor" - he's not particularly quick, not particularly dangerous. Ireland, on the other hand, may lack his hard work and versatility, but he has true talent, he can unlock defences in a way Milner can't. I'd love to see MON build a team around him as a playmaker.

Here's hoping we screw you out of him. :P

I'd rather have Ireland too. Milner's hard working, versatile. But he doesn't have that "x-factor" - he's not particularly quick, not particularly dangerous. Ireland, on the other hand, may lack his hard work and versatility, but he has true talent, he can unlock defences in a way Milner can't. I'd love to see MON build a team around him as a playmaker.

Here's hoping we screw you out of him. :P
I disagree on the hard work part, when Ireland was starting week in week out under Mark Hughes he was extremely hard working in the midfield, quality player under Hughes but he's not really the same in Mancini's system and it's more strict and he can't close down people as much.

Either way quality player. :)

Well Villa are certainly getting the better deal.

Not to sure about Milner but he does have a good cross on him, you can't leave a 27 Million pound player on the bench or can you?

Ireland's a very good player, and apart from his 'mushroom hair cut' would be great for most teams in England

Interesting rumour that Manchester City staff think Ireland is one of the five most talented players there. But that's he's the mentally weakest player they've got.

Think he'd do a job for Villa. Meant to be £20m-ish cash.

If Milner does go off to Cuty,as said already his talent could be wrecked as if he does not do well in say 4-5 games,City will resign him to the bench and that will blow his confidence

Well Villa are certainly getting the better deal.

Not to sure about Milner but he does have a good cross on him, you can't leave a 27 Million pound player on the bench or can you?

Shity can, after all, they let a £32m signing go out on loan to Santos lol

shows certain players have no self pride ( dont care if they play each week) only care how much money they earn. think they want to show their grandchildren their bank accounts and not how many medals they won. Cant see him being regular with all the midfielders they got Toure, Barry, Ireland, Johnson De Jong etc etc.

defo think if they can get over £20m Aston Villa have got the best deal. remember they got a kid called Fabien Delph from Leeds who looks very good.

Interesting rumour that Manchester City staff think Ireland is one of the five most talented players there. But that's he's the mentally weakest player they've got.

Think he'd do a job for Villa. Meant to be £20m-ish cash.

Seriously ~£20m cash and Ireland for Milner would be a very very good deal for Villa and I can't imagine any Villains being upset with it, I'd take £10m and Ireland any day of the week. Ireland is exactly the sort of player Villa need and what a improvment after it was suggested it was SWP that would be the makeweight in the deal.

Excellent for Villa, they are getting same quality player (I rate Ireland better than Milner), plus 20M to improve squad. It will be bargain of the season same as Dunne.

City are trying but litterally killing players careers. I can guarantee you that he will fail at City. And if you're already in Man City and was not brought with the new owner then you're as good as gone since I don't see the old Man City getting a chance to player with this new team.

I heard if the deal goes through with Ireland going the other way the money from the transfer will go into signing McGeady and Robbie Keane.

Back