bombsterdelux

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum and playing it online.

Have tried to open ports, set my router to accept incoming connections, but neither me or my friend can get it set up properly for 2009.

Have played right the way through from Champ Man, and felt for our purposes we would set up a network game so we can play from the comfort of our homes.

any help is appreciated - jealous as anything seeing others setting it up - but with not instruction on how to.

Thanks

The way a few of us on here did it with FM 08 was set up a Hamachi network and then connect through there.

just had logmein brought to my attention the other day there.

Although I am a novice at this I will give it a bash. Can you check this from time to time to see how I get on (if I do) Only going to be about 4 users on it at one time i would expect.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Set up the network and wondering if there is a way i can test it? The test and secret that hamachi says doesn't appear to work....

I will need to wait till a mate gets in to see if he can connect or not.

Last edited:
any help anybody?

installed hamachi on two pc's....can get them chatting, but no more - any ideas?

On 08 we would connect to the hamachi network we set up then just put in the address of the host that was on hamachi and it would work.

Ok try this....

Both of you download hamachi
Create a server with username and password
Tell your friend it and make him join a server entering your details

Ok now open up FM09
Go to network
Find where you enter your server name and password (I forgot where it is)
Then go back and click newgame
Tell your friend to now join
Use the code at the top of hamachi (the numbered code) and tell him to use it and the password you set within FM09 for your server

That worked for me.

ok i shall try - do you mean the code at top of MY hamachi - x.***.xx.xx?
or his?
How does FM09 know to associate with this number if the case?

Each time i had put in the IP address/Server id - neither worked and threw me out of FM09 all together. I shall ask him to use whichever hamachi number suggested.

Once you have Hamachi and have set up a network, follow these instructions and it should work:

-First of all make sure you both have Hamachi on and are connected to the network you made.

-YOU make a new game on FM09 (make sure you both have the same version. i.e. same patch)

-Once it's made, go to preferences in FM and go to the Network section. Tick the box that says Run as Server.

-Your friend now opens up FM, clicks the network bit on the main menu. Then click join other server. A box will then pop up asking him for the IP address.

-Give him the IP number on the top of YOUR Hamachi and tell him to enter that number into the box.

-He clicks OK then he should be in your game no problems.

a lot more success so far - thanks for that. Gets through to server and password, then says using different versions of game.

I have been making use of the "seat" arrangement and he has my disk, but installed it through the version (not STEAM as that's how I installed mine) and therefore the update is one patch behind - mine is 9.1 his is sitting at 9.0. I have begun to download the patch and hopefully this should do the trick.

Fingers crossed.

the hamachi network works with fm 2009 fine i already tested it with my brother here in portugal and we live really far from each other so it is really great that i found this sistem,

Thakx Lee

please help

i did EVERYTHIN as you said but it always tells me the Server is unable to connect.. i don't know but could it be because the game is not original?

I dunno, but you should burn in **** for stealing a FM....then again SI are ****** these days so meh

for me i followed instructions and still says unable to connect to server

a lot more success so far - thanks for that. Gets through to server and password, then says using different versions of game.

I have been making use of the "seat" arrangement and he has my disk, but installed it through the version (not STEAM as that's how I installed mine) and therefore the update is one patch behind - mine is 9.1 his is sitting at 9.0. I have begun to download the patch and hopefully this should do the trick.

Fingers crossed.

It won't work unless you are both using the same version of the game. You can download the latest patch from the SIGames website.

Hope this helps!!

you have the wrong patchs. you both need 9.2 or both need 9.1 to play the game through a network. make sure you both download the same 1!!!

yer mean is 5.186.106.138 play when u what mate on fm09 everyday

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

play me on fm09 my ip address is 5.186.106.138/86.163.184.47

Can we have a variety of extras for those kits and skins

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:13 PM ----------

????? please!! :'(

why cant me and my mate play a network game if we both have the same version ? It always says "unable to connect to server" playing fm 2010

does any1 know a site where i can join online games????? none of my friends play football manager and i wana play online. thanks