Online Poker

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting back into playing online poker and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations of which site to choose.

At the moment I have a membership on 888.com (Pacific Poker), Party Poker & Poker Room. So any other good ones?

I played on PartyPoker a lot but I just play with friends in real games now. Skypoker is ok though, no install needed.

PokerStars is probably the best one around. It's the one I play, there's a good selection of games, and the level of the players is just the same as everywhere else really. The higher stakes are full of top notch players though but I doubt you ca afford that.

Do you get money for referring me. If you do, send me an email.

I've heard good things about pokerstars.

I use http://www.poker.com/ now. Its a pretty cool site, quite alot of players and a variety of games-only one I've seen where you can play five card draw :D. It does have a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a suck-out site i.e. people gettin lucky when the odds are against them (the software has percentages for hands when people are all-in :D) but that could just be bitterness :p

Do you get money for referring me. If you do, send me an email.

Nah I don't think so. I don't play real money anyways, can't afford it.

Oh and ajw. Pokerstars has five card, stuf, omaha, horse. It has everything basicly. :)

Playing online is good but you cant beat a real table, just get a few friends round, each throw in a fiver and share the chips out and play till one takes it all down. Finding tells is one of the best parts of poker and it's near impossible to judge a tell online.

Yeh I don't like playing online that much.

You still get plenty of tells online but they're just alot harder to pick up because it's easier to watch someone in person instead of their name.

Oh and ajw. Pokerstars has five card, stuf, omaha, horse. It has everything basicly. :)

oooo horse, have never played that, want to though but i'd probably get caned :p

Playing online is good but you cant beat a real table, just get a few friends round, each throw in a fiver and share the chips out and play till one takes it all down. Finding tells is one of the best parts of poker and it's near impossible to judge a tell online.

Oh yeh, you aint wrong there, playin with peeps at a table is so much better in nearly every way-the banter, well easier to get tells, and its much of a thrill. Although online is obviously easier access and you can play naked if u want....

Ok, I sent ya the link offline over MSN, I'm not sure if you get any money though so if you don't want to sign up there thats cool

I've signed up anyway. I'll give it a go in a few days and see what it's like :)

I've found a 3D poker site, http://www.pkr.com. I hear it's the king of bad beats though, so many people get lucky turns and rivers.

yeah i've seen that one, looks well cool but i've not played for real money though

What's the difference between the student one and the normal one?

Nothing lol. Except you get notified of tournaments at your uni if you sign up :)

How have you found it then Sean? Are the beats as bad as I hear?