Did you Feel for Joey Barton

Did you feel For Barton againt Wolves

• Total voters
did well to not retaliate but can't say he didn't deserve it.

lol some people need to wake up to the real world, Bartons a bit of a **** but not the worst guy in the world and seems by yesterdays performance hes grown up quite a bit

no way he has his Rep of being a badboy and yesterday was what he will get becuase players will want to kick the **** out of him to wind him up and get him sent off however he did do well to keep his calm.

I think that its harsh that a team should target any player because they have temper problems, but i suppose its all part of the game now

lol some people need to wake up to the real world, Bartons a bit of a **** but not the worst guy in the world and seems by yesterdays performance hes grown up quite a bit

I think you need to wake up to the real world mate...

Someone who ****** you off at school or work is a ****. Barton has assaulted a team-mate and stubbed out a cigar in someone's eye. He's ruined someone's career as a footballer and is generally a horrible man. I don't care if he didn't respond to some hard (but mainly fair) tackles on a pitch, I still believe the man is a c*nt of the highest order.

because he is a thug/a dirty ******* and he is *****... a great rule model to kids :S

I know footballers are role models to kids but i also think parents are just as big role models towards kids, i dont think think you can just pin blame on Barton for apparently being a role model.

Most tackles were fine except for 2-3 ones which deserved cards,I did feel a little before I got reminded what a **** he used to be

Joey Barton is an Animal and should have been banned from football for life a long time ago

I was impressed with him more than anything. Wolves were out to get him sent off and he never retaliated once. As much as I don't like the lad he was very professional yesterday.

I've always liked Joey as a player, great range of passing and always gives 100%. Felt sorry for him yesterday, he was clearly targeted by the Wolves players with the aim to wind him up and get him sent off, which they failed.

Sure he's been a proper thug in the past, but wasn't that like 2-3 years ago? Who's to say he hasn't turned over a new leaf.

just to make it clear, this isnt a barton bashing thread, or to dig up what hes done, its about whether he deserved the treatment against wolves. personally i felt the majority of tackles were hard but fair, exaclty how he plays himself. but a couple were nasty and should have been carded

I could see how people who he had previously had problems with in the past would treat him like that, but I don't think he has an previous with Wolves or Henry in particular.

He may have been a **** in the past, but he has changed alot in the last year or so, and things off the pitch shouldn't correlate to people trying to injure him on the pitch.

It was also extremely harsh him having all those fouls on him, and then getting booked for one tackle. Maybe get someone who will ref the game on the merits of what happens on the pitch, and not on reputations.

because he is a thug/a dirty ******* and he is *****... a great rule model to kids :S

Says a fan of a team that used to have Roy Keane playing for them. Pot, Kettle, Black.

Last edited:
I could see how people who he had previously had problems with in the past would treat him like that, but I don't think he has an previous with Wolves or Henry in particular.

He may have been a **** in the past, but he has changed alot in the last year or so, and things off the pitch shouldn't correlate to people trying to injure him on the pitch.

It was also extremely harsh him having all those fouls on him, and then getting booked for one tackle. Maybe get someone who will ref the game on the merits of what happens on the pitch, and not on reputations.

Says a fan of a team that used to have Roy Keane playing for them. Bot, Kettle, Black.
a lot of double standards on show in that game. if it had been barton everyone would be screaming for his blood

a lot of double standards on show in that game. if it had been barton everyone would be screaming for his blood

Good point there.

I'd be interested to know at what point they agreed to try and wind up Barton and attempt to get him sent off. Was it before the game, and did the manager decide? Or I wonder if it became a 'spur of the moment' thing after the first tackle was put in on him. If it was pre-meditated I think it's against the spirit of the game deliberately trying to provoke someone based on his reputation.

I've said my opinion on him as a person before and it's not changed after this match, although I'll give him credit for not reacting, because watching it on MOTD I'm sure many others would have snapped.

Good point there.

I'd be interested to know at what point they agreed to try and wind up Barton and attempt to get him sent off. Was it before the game, and did the manager decide? Or I wonder if it became a 'spur of the moment' thing after the first tackle was put in on him. If it was pre-meditated I think it's against the spirit of the game deliberately trying to provoke someone based on his reputation.

I've said my opinion on him as a person before and it's not changed after this match, although I'll give him credit for not reacting, because watching it on MOTD I'm sure many others would have snapped.

I presume McCarthy told his players to get at Barton before the match.

So what, the players got into him. He dealt with it perfectly fine and there's no need to 'feel sorry' for him. Plenty of players get rough treatment in particular games. Just a part of football aint it.

derserves it hate the silly mug, hope he gets injuried so bad he can never play again, that will make me happy:)

Well, Barton may used to be a **** but if you're wishing him to get a career ending injury then you're no better. I mean what do you call somebody who wishes someone to get injured badly?

I kinda feel for Barton for the way he is being targeted last night, but I feel that it's the referee's fault rather than the players. I mean the referee is basically allowing the players to do whatever they want on Barton with no proper punishments. It's like he is encouraging them to go for it.