Only got one youth player

DavMars

Reaction score
Hi

I'm managing hearts. Got rid of all the existing staff and employed better ones including a great youth coach.

When I was assigning the coach duties I noticed the he is only coaching one player. I went into the squad screen and sure enough the under 19's only have one player.

What's that all about? I have excellent youth facilities etc? Will more come in naturally or do I need to sign more youth?

Thanks

Never heard ofthis before :S You'll get an influx each pre-season, but most are **** anyway, take a look around and sign some prospects, you'll end up with a much better youth team than the influx's, i normally only keep one or two of the newcomers and sign the better ones from other teams.

Cool. Kinda what I thought but it's a bit weird only having one player. I'll look to sign some. While I'm talking about signing youth, I've noticed if your signing let's say an Argentinian who is under 18 it tells you the transfer will go ahead when he turns 18. Do you know if the money for the transfer is taken now or when he turns 18?

Cheers

Its normally taken immediately, as with transfers going through at end of the season etc. I'm not sure if it changes clubs straight away, but it definitely is taken from your budget.