"Only happy on giro day"..Rise of the Steelmen.

calcal

Reaction score
Welcome to Steel Park...
Home of Corby Town FC.

View attachment 315548

So as a local lad born and bread..I decided to start a save with the new update as my Local side Corby Town!

Works a bit all over the place so will post when i can,Pre season update will follow this.

Going to be a straight forward update style story so i hope i get some reader's on my journey with the mighty Corby!!

Mon the Steelmen!

Pre Season.

View attachment 315559

Got to say overall i am happy with the results.

Especially the 4-1 win over Stoke's young guns!

Seemed like our defence was a tad shaky and it showed Conceding 2 against Rugby,
3 against Harborough then another 2 in the 3-2 win over local side wellingborough to end pre season.

Transfers.

View attachment 315560

Seeing as we only had 1 goalkeeper,I found myself scrolling through page upon page of goalkeepers,
After failing to sign fm 12 LLM legend adam street because of a work permit,
I stumbled upon Ranieri..Very good keeper for this level of football will be challenging for the no.1 shirt asap!

Other than him i didn't really sign alot,Bulked up my squad with a few players..Dalton Harris signed on and bagged 3 goals in pre season so i shall see how he gets on.

Thats my pre season out the way so will be doing monthly updates.

Any advice or constructive criticism is welcome :)

August 2012.

View attachment 315577

Awful start to the season,
The whole team just didn't really gel together for the first few games!

The silver lining was the 3 points picked up against Brackley to finish off the month thanks to goals from
Ben Long and young striker Josh Moreman.

Player of the month.

View attachment 315578

The only stand out player of the month striker Josh Moreman grabbed 2 goals in the 4 games played.

It was a easy pick,

This is how the league table looks..

View attachment 315579

Now..Lets hope September brings some more points.

September.

View attachment 315598

So September brought better form with some decent performances,
Including league wins over Oxford City and Gainsborough Trinity.

This month also saw the start of our FA Cup campaign which threw us a 2nd qualifying round away trip to minnows Godmanchester Rover's which we saw off easily with a 4-1 win,
With that we have got a tough away trip to FC Halifax in the 3rd qualifying round!.

Player of the month.

View attachment 315607

For the 2nd straight month Josh Moreman has my pick for player of the month,
He grabbed 5 goals including a brace in the FA Cup.

But also a quick mention for...

View attachment 315608

Ben Long..If it was not for Moremans goals Long would of got the player of the month,
He pulls all the strings in midfield and has been consistent along with 2 goals of his own! A Close second.

I must add with our lack of decent firepower up front,Without Moreman out striker's are quite poor..
So i bought in...

View attachment 315609

Experienced striker Leon Constantine,I see him as a important player to add to the squad and signed him on a pay as you play contract.

So that's it for this post and September..This is how the league table stands at this point!

View attachment 315610

Only 4 points from the playoffs, what are your targets for the season?

Well i was tipped for relegation,And my team's playing like it..So just want mid table this season,Would love to say play off's but unless i step it up thats never gonna happen,A you'l see in the next update but yeah,Probaly go for promotion next season!

October.

View attachment 315619

Awful month!! Knocked out the FA Cup to Marine,Shocking all round..

The only lift was the 3 points won at Harrogate and maybe the point picked up straight after to finish the month with 4 points..Other than that i am not impressed,Media are right to tip us for relegation..So inconsistent!

And after such a horrible month..Partnered with horrible performances i have decided to go on strike and not give a player of the month this post..their all shocking and don't deserve it haha!

The league table as it stands..Really need to pick up some points next month and try and climb the table..

View attachment 315620

November.

View attachment 315624

So November was a lot better than the past month or 2,
Starting off with a solid performance against Histon even though it took a last second goal from Moreman to get the point but we did deserve to take all 3 if im honest!

Following up that was a good win coming from behind to beat Boston to put us through to the 1st round of the FA Trophy!.

Another spirited performance earned us a good point against a good Oxford side.

Then on to the FA Trophy 1st round saw us knock out Bishop Stortford to set up an exciting tie against Blue Square Premier side Alfreton Town.

Player of the month.

View attachment 315626

Captain marvel! Only person who was ever going to get this for November,Played in every game and played well..Leading the team through this good form..Lead from the back! Great month for him.

And after this month with only 2 league games being played and drawing them both the league table has not had any major changes for us,But here it is anyways..Stay tuned for the next update!

Mon The Steelmen!!!!

View attachment 315627

Have to say im following with interest! Its so hard with a small club-tried my luck with wingate and finchley. Couldn't do as id hoped but will one day return lower league as I've been very lucky to get where i am considering how pants I've been! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just minutes after posting above look what job available! Not for me right now as Aberdeen are in need of re-building and some work. Need to undo my relegation :(
2uzajabu.jpg

Have to say im following with interest! Its so hard with a small club-tried my luck with wingate and finchley. Couldn't do as id hoped but will one day return lower league as I've been very lucky to get where i am considering how pants I've been! :)

Thanks very much! im working 6-2 for the next 6 days,So will get through the rest of the season in the next few afternoons :)

And i did laugh to myself at that job opportunity lol Mon the steelmen!

Working till 10 tonight,So will be doing a update or 2 when im home :)