Dps105

Reaction score
I have noticed that alot of far post corners go in in the latest update, did it happen to anybody else? I conceded 3 of this goals in 4 games...

I have noticed that alot of far post corners go in in the latest update, did it happen to anybody else? I conceded 3 of this goals in 4 games...
Put your tallest best Air jumper and header on the far post..Also buy a tall keeper with high Air Ability...

Last edited:
Put your tallest best Air jumper and header on the far post..Also buy a tall keeper with high Air Ability...

I don't think it has anything to do with it, I also score from the 6 yeard vox- far post alot since the update... never hapend before..

I don't think it has anything to do with it, I also score from the 6 yeard vox- far post alot since the update... never hapend before..
What is the corner taker stats...Have you checked it?Does he know how to curl ball?What is crossing stats?Does the ball goes direcly in or there is somone who hit the ball with flick on?

Last edited:
What is the corner taker stats...Have you checked it?Does he know how to curl ball?What is crossing stats?Does the ball goes direcly in or there is somone who hit the ball with flick on?

12 corners 6 crossing 12 passing and 15 free kicks, he likes to shoot with power, doesn't curl it..

The ball goes directly yea, might flick someone though..

Anyway I scored 8 goals in the last 2 games, 6 of them were set pieces, something is wrong here..

12 corners 6 crossing 12 passing and 15 free kicks, he likes to shoot with power, doesn't curl it..

The ball goes directly yea, might flick someone though..

Anyway I scored 8 goals in the last 2 games, 6 of them were set pieces, something is wrong here..
With this kind of stats everything seem to be in order...

You think scoring 6 corners in 2 games is normal?
If you have the abilities and you have you have the right opponents why not...You can win the world championship by winning using the strategy of set pieces...It is a legitmate strategy as any other...I for once dedicate lots of hours into thinking how to utilize that specific strategy...Each one of my players is not randomly positioned while under defense or attack of set pieces...When my team is faced against a corner kick I will position for example a tall player without a marking ability to close in the corner taker..That way he would have much more trouble doing his tricks...When I put a wall against a free kick I put taller players with bravery to stand in front of free kicker...With the correct positioning of players you could ruin any team...And if you have the right players for that purpose you could score as much as you want...There is nothing wrong of beating teams only with scoring from set pieces...It's a lost art waiting to be discovered...

Last edited:
If you have the abilities and you have you have the right opponents why not...You can win the world championship by winning using the strategy of set pieces...It is a legitmate strategy as any other...I for once dedicate lots of hours into thinking how to utilize that specific strategy...Each one of my players is not randomly positioned while under defense or attack of set pieces...When my team is faced against a corner kick I will position for example a tall player without a marking ability to close in the corner taker..That way he would have much more trouble doing his tricks...When I put a wall against a free kick I put taller players with bravery to stand in front of free kicker...With the correct positioning of players you could ruin any team...And if you have the right players fot that purpose you could score as much as you want...There is nothing wrong of beating teams only with scoring from set pieces...It's a lost art waiting to be discovered...

I am not disputing the fact set pieces are very important, but that doesn't make scoring 6 goals in just 2 games from corners normal. And everything you said about how you set up set pieces is common sense to be honest, nothing new...

I am not disputing the fact set pieces are very important, but that doesn't make scoring 6 goals in just 2 games from corners normal. And everything you said about how you set up set pieces is common sense to be honest, nothing new...
I know from previous versions of Football Manager that it has been always a subject that fascinated me the most...And I usually would take advantage of any manager that would be naive enough to think that goals are scored randomly..If someone had proven the fact that he has poor set pieces takers and still scores lots of goals then we have a problem with the match engine...But if someone comes and says hey I am scoring too many goals from set pieces and his players are capable of doing it, so I don't see any issue with that...

Last edited:
I know from previous versions of Football Manager that it has been always a subject that fascinated me the most...And I usually would take advantage of any manager that would be naive enough to think that goals are scored randomly..If someone had proven the fact that he has poor set pieces takers and still scores lots of goals then we have a problem with the match engine...But if someone comes and says hey I am scoring too many goals from set pieces and his players are capable of doing it, so I don't see any issue with that...

Even with quality set piece takers and a good setup, it still isn't normal to score 6 goals in 2 games from corners, and by the sound of it happening regularly. I'm not going to discuss it any further, because we're both just going round in circles.

Even with quality set piece takers and a good setup, it still isn't normal to score 6 goals in 2 games from corners, and by the sound of it happening regularly. I'm not going to discuss it any further, because we're both just going round in circles.
so why are you playing the game knowing it's not normal...If I had been thinking that for one second the next second I would be doing something else...What is the point of playing a game knowing it is broken...

so why are you playing the game knowing it's not normal...If I had been thinking that for one second the next second I would be doing something else...What is the point of playing a game knowing it is broken...

Because it isn't happening to me... he asked if something was weird that he scored 6 goals from corners in 2 games, which it is. End of conversation

Because it isn't happening to me... he asked if something was weird that he scored 6 goals from corners in 2 games, which it is. End of conversation
Nothing is weird about that ,I have scored many more goals than that..And each one of those goals were crafted wonderfully...The opposition didn't know what hit them...My goalkeeper is usuallly the best scorer from corners...