Opera Web Browser (Now Ad Free)

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best web browser available is now free of advertisments! So the only bad thing about Opera is now gone. So what is stopping you making the switch now!

Opera.com said:
Why we're going free

Opera has removed the banners, found within our browser, and the licensing fee. Opera's growth, due to tremendous worldwide customer support, has made today's milestone an achievable goal. Premium support is available.

What makes Opera's web browser unique

The most full-featured Internet power tool on the market, Opera includes pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking E-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. And because we know that our users have different needs, you can customize the look and content of your Opera browser with a few clicks of the mouse. Read the feature list

I have used Opera for years now and other browsers just don't come close. It is amazingly customizable with many skins, toolbars, and much more available to download.

My favorite skin has got to be Neo

Well sounds good and all. But why would you want to use this? It sounds like a web browser packed with programs that arent really needed. Whats wrong with the traditional IE? Maybe its just because I havent used any other browser but IE. I may download this when I get onto my laptop, then condritict myself with a new post...or maybe not.

I use Firefox. I just hate IE it takes too long to load stuff.

Yeh I hate IE, when i first open it it takes ages to laod the first time. Also it crashes all the time & it always used to take up all my ram

lol i use firefox , i get less pop ups and its quicker for me , you can modify it more and i like using the middle mouse button to open tabs n close them

I used firefox until recently, i started using Opera again, at the moment i'm back to firefox as i am at uni. :)

So is firefox better in people's opinions (than IE/Opera)??? By better I basically mean quicker and more user friendly

Imho, Firefox is superior.

Opera looks the nicest, both are better than IE.

Firefox is the best by far, it always work properly and it is discreet, opera always lets you know your using opera which is annoying.

For me that is the only downside to Opera, the fact that some sites simply wont let you use them when they see you're using it :(

Yes that is my problem. It doesnt allow frames i don't think :S because my university email doesn't work on Opera.

But my university network isn't configured for Opera so i use firefox.