AcidicHaddock

Reaction score
Hi all

Background - Currently in a save with Wolfsburg - I took over half way through the first season, and the AI before me had spent loads of money on rubbish players, as a result they were £29m in debt some of which I cleared in - the Chairman stepped down and a Director took over taking out a huge bank loan to cover the losses, for which we have to pay back £147K a month.

Part of my long term goal is to get the stadium expanded from the current (inadequate!) Capacity of 30,000, so I could do with this loan being paid off - as I understand it, no matter how much money you have in the account, the board will not pay this off, so I could be stuck with it for the next 20 years!

In my first full season I had a huge clear out, spent next to nothing (regens, frees) and qualified for the CL - and all the money that comes in from that has cone in handy. As a result, I have a very healthy balance of £50m, going into January - Im still making a monthly loss, so that will be around £40 come the end of the season.

The question is this -

If I pay for FMRTE (not that I want to, but Im enjoying this save a lot and want to carry it on) and remove the debt and decrease my balance by the accorinding amount, would you still say I am playing the game in the same spirit as before? After all, the balance I have is because I am being very tight with what I am spending!

Without editing,game is more interesting,imo. If you reach your goal of getting out of this debt without FMRTE,you will enjoy it more. :3

there won't be a same spirit like you've experienced before if you using FMRTe :) IMHO

Without editing,game is more interesting,imo. If you reach your goal of getting out of this debt without FMRTE,you will enjoy it more. :3

This I understand - but if a Chairman had some expensive finance for £25m, and a £25 surplus that isn't being used would they not pay this off?

After all, I have the cash spare which has been created is by my own frugalness, so surely I should get some say in how it is spent???

Also, has anyone had a situation in FM12 where the board has used a surplus of funds in the clubs accout to pay off a loan? If this can happen, I would much rather do it this way, but from what I have seen in other threads this will never be paid off early?

Imo if you take the money off yourself it seems fair. End of the day, its your game, do what you want. I wouldnt say it was cheating however

Tbh, if you've got a £25m loan being paid off over 20 years that's like £100k, not really a lot each month.. So, it's possible that it isn't the loan that's causing you to lose money. So you will probably continue to lose money even after the debt is gone.

Also, if your board agree to build a new stadium I'm 99.9% sure they will take out a loan for it, anyway.

At the end of the day, though, it's your game and you can do what you want.

Tbh, if you've got a £25m loan being paid off over 20 years that's like £100k, not really a lot each month.. So, it's possible that it isn't the loan that's causing you to lose money. So you will probably continue to lose money even after the debt is gone.

Also, if your board agree to build a new stadium I'm 99.9% sure they will take out a loan for it, anyway.

At the end of the day, though, it's your game and you can do what you want.

I forget the actual amount / term, but its £147 p/m. This isn't what is making me lose money per month - I know what that is - I've got two players on a combined weekly wage of £183K that I can't shift and im having to run their contracts down!

My issue is - Would Already having the loan for the debt repayments count against me when I ask them to expand the stadium?

Sometimes you have resort to editing, really.

As long as you're not doing it to make things easier but basically to make them more realistic (because even most complex game is always missing some aspect), i would not say its against the game spirit or cheating.

I forget the actual amount / term, but its £147 p/m. This isn't what is making me lose money per month - I know what that is - I've got two players on a combined weekly wage of £183K that I can't shift and im having to run their contracts down!

My issue is - Would Already having the loan for the debt repayments count against me when I ask them to expand the stadium?

Have you not asked them yet? Dude, just keep asking them until they agree. The loan might have some negative effect, yeah, but your bank balance being +£50m will have a much bigger impact on their decision, & if you're constantly selling out your ground they would be stupid to say no.

Have you not asked them yet? Dude, just keep asking them until they agree. The loan might have some negative effect, yeah, but your bank balance being +£50m will have a much bigger impact on their decision, & if you're constantly selling out your ground they would be stupid to say no.

Never had the option to ask them so far! Been checking every 1 -2 weeks for two seasons now! There have been "Ground Expansions" announced and carried out (two so far) but they were only swapping Standing for Seats, and havent increased the capacity at all. I think these are hard-coded into the game for Wolfsburg, but the game must count them as capacity changes so doesn't allow me the option of asking the board for it.

I sell out most games, and have an avergage attendance of 98% of Capacity, just wondering if the loan for the debt will stop them expanding the stadium properly?

To be fair, Wolsburg's stadium is only 10 years old.. I doubt they will build a new one anytime soon. Your best bet is to keep asking for expansions.

And, no, expansions are based on your bank balance/ average attendace.

To be fair, Wolsburg's stadium is only 10 years old.. I doubt they will build a new one anytime soon. Your best bet is to keep asking for expansions.

And, no, expansions are based on your bank balance/ average attendace.

Cool. Will just keep the balance healthy, and see what happens when I get the option ask.

I think a lot depends on quality of the board, which is propably random factor in smaller clubs.

I played in some clubs where board would get a lot done, constantly finding new ways to make advertising money and expanding the stadium based on attendance without me even asking.

But then i had one where board would almost never agree or accomplish anything , despite me multiplying the budget 50x after a dozen of seasons. I quit playing that save after 20 seasons when i won the champs leage and they still would not expand my 15000 sitter.