manutd7182

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick question, has anyone used the false 9 as a lone frontman and gained excellent results from it, such as fair return in goals and assists. I've been trying to emulate a Barcelona tactic with a false 9 and often I've seen that the player in the false 9 position tend to shoot from distance and sometimes end the match with a low rating. Just seeing if anyone has come across this and do you prefer using a false 9 or a trequartista or a complete forward as a lone striker.

had the same issue, i dont feel like he bring the wide men in enough and working that space it leave, has been a huge upset for my tactic, was looking forward to using totti in that role

Not just me then.. yeah same issue as well, don't bring in the inside forwards or the players running past him enough. Yeah, whoever plays the position scores the odd goal now and then but not the amount of how it should do. Hopefully it fixes for the full release.

Had problems with my pc so couldn't play further. Had tremendous success with the f9. I was a little disappointed it wasn't a position in the central midfield, but w/e. Found a f9 and Shadowstriker works really great. I'll experience it more. Maybe you were using a 451 formation without a buddy next to him, and that could be the differ between our results?

Had problems with my pc so couldn't play further. Had tremendous success with the f9. I was a little disappointed it wasn't a position in the central midfield, but w/e. Found a f9 and Shadowstriker works really great. I'll experience it more. Maybe you were using a 451 formation without a buddy next to him, and that could be the differ between our results?

Ia lso found the F9 front worked well with a shadow striker behind him... but i have managed to hget more success with a front 3 (2 wide players)
ST - F9
LW - Wide Target Man Attack
RW - Winger Attack

This works well for me but I am currently managing Carlisle...

Ia lso found the F9 front worked well with a shadow striker behind him... but i have managed to hget more success with a front 3 (2 wide players)
ST - F9
LW - Wide Target Man Attack
RW - Winger Attack

This works well for me but I am currently managing Carlisle...

Oh I see, I currently play with a front 3 with 2 wide players.
ST - F9
LW - IF Attack
RW - W or IF Support (depending who I play)

Maybe that's a difference... But would using your front 3 work in a Possession based tactic? Though I can't see why, I'm willing to give it an experiment.

Oh I see, I currently play with a front 3 with 2 wide players.
ST - F9
LW - IF Attack
RW - W or IF Support (depending who I play)

Maybe that's a difference... But would using your front 3 work in a Possession based tactic? Though I can't see why, I'm willing to give it an experiment.
Mine's an attacking, fluid, possession orientated style of play and I use the WTM to knock it down for the F9 and then he has options either side that are attacking, works for me anyway, let me know how you get on...

I use a F9 with two SS behind him in the AMC positions.

Slow possession tactic allows f9 to drop into space and gives the SS overlapping runs. If i played fast, these opportunities wouldn't develop.

The F9 forces the defense to either step out to mark him or sit back off of him. The key is that you need supporting players to expose their decision.

If he's shooting too much, tell him to shoot less or train him not to shoot from distance or tell him to dribble more.

It sort of works now. The problem I have with it is that the movement of teammates in conjunction with the f9 often seem poor, leading to the f9 dropping deep and pulling a defender with him, whilst the inside forward/midfielder next to him sits there looking gormless or, even worse, goes back because the ball is being pulled back.

It sort of works now. The problem I have with it is that the movement of teammates in conjunction with the f9 often seem poor, leading to the f9 dropping deep and pulling a defender with him, whilst the inside forward/midfielder next to him sits there looking gormless or, even worse, goes back because the ball is being pulled back.
The player moving deep is on support or attack?

The player moving deep is on support or attack?

Both. Sometimes the players just don't react to each other in a way that makes sense, it's one of the slight issues with the engine as a whole rather than anything that's unique to this particular role. The fact that the F9 is so heavily reliant on space and movement just makes it more apparent.

I played totti as F9 for my ROMA save... the first season... scored 22 league goals and 13 assists..... thats pretty gud for a 37 year old i believe... 2nd top scorer in the league... I used a 4-1-2-2-1 formation..with wing-backs and only central based mid-fielders..so.. i guess.. thats a gud example of a F9 doing a decent job...

I played totti as F9 for my ROMA save... the first season... scored 22 league goals and 13 assists..... thats pretty gud for a 37 year old i believe... 2nd top scorer in the league... I used a 4-1-2-2-1 formation..with wing-backs and only central based mid-fielders..so.. i guess.. thats a gud example of a F9 doing a decent job...

could you please post a screenshot of your tactic? and team instruction please :D

The F9 is one of the easier roles to get firing as most people play with an AMC or CM role set to attack.

The F9 relies on movement between the lines to work. It would be weird if someone utilised one without any attacking midfield roles.

I'm using damaio atm as false9 in my 4141 formation, he's got 14 goals in 14 games, but only 1 assist. Helped me to 2nd in league and semi of cup before christmas with newcastle.

Im playing a false 9 with attacking Wingers an attacking CM and a box to box in a 4-1-2-1-2. Seems to be working pretty well so far. They're all chipping in with goals. Saying that its still early days. Only about 10 games in. But the tactic isnt fully fluid yet so heres hoping!