LovanoFM

Reaction score
Just wanted to see peoples thoughts on this game so far, because since the new patch it has became VERY boring for me.

In the old patch, I won everything with smaller clubs and in this new patch im struggling to win games with the massive teams like Madrid and United. I know its not me as a manager because of my previous successes and also I am using tactics on this website that in the last patch were absolutely amazing but in this new patch I just cant seem to put any kind of form together.

At least better than fm 13 that's for sure.

well that's because they fixed the constant longshots and cheat corner trick, now you have to think about the tactics and not use glitches.. they do need to tweak strikers to be more useful, but other than that, in the new patch, i win most of my games, infact i have had a better win ratio in this patch than the old one.. swings and roundabouts as they say.

And in fm 14 the tactics became more realistic

I'm performing better since the patch to be honest. I had some struggles with my tactics when I made small changes to the way I played, but a few more good recommendations from this community has allowed me to play better possession football than any team I've come up against so far. Personally I think the save I'm on now is the best I've ever played over any of the FM games. I'm not sure if it's because the game itself is better or because I'm better at playing.

Are you struggling because you've made a new career and it's taking a while to get started? How long do you play saves until you make a new one?

The game always gets boring for me if I start a new game after a long career, that's why I'm still on my first save I started during beta and still loving the game.

Last edited:
While i'm enjoying the game, I still feel a few bugs need to be sorted out sooner than later.

The one bug that frustrates me alot is that I seem to hit the 3-4 times in about 75% of my matches, which is just unrealistic.
My opponents don't seem to hit the woodwork nearly as often as I do.
Also the amount of injuries my players get is very annoying, but I don't know if this one is a bug or not.

Nothing has changed much for me since the new patch, I don't know if that's a good thing or not lol.

Regarding saves I always enjoy doing long-term saves with 1 club as I like to build something amazing. I don't like switching from 1 club to another as I feel I'm scrapping all the work I've just done.

So far I've only done 1 save with KR of Iceland, and I don't see myself stopping with them anytime soon.

Anyway if I was to rate this game out of 10 I would give it an 8. I don't know if my rating's would chance once I've started another save with a different team.

1. it's an improvement on FM13 for sure.
2. Wing Play is completely broken in this game. If wingers beat their man, they'll sprint to the byline but then wait for the defender to catch up then cross. Which is utter bull.
3. Strikers still aren't as clinical as they should be unless they're on a support duty. (Proven with me putting on a target man (s) with 8 Finishing, bagged 23 goals last season..)
4. I've seen more through balls, which is a good thing.

Overall, it's a decent game but as usual has it's problems.

Will they ever in the near future release a game which doesn't have stupid bugs.

Im back playing FM 13 & having fun. FM 14 is not better at its current state but it should after its last official patch. Right now it has too many game-breaking bugs for me to play that are not match engine related. FM 14 is way too easy & boring because it has a very restrictive flawed match engine. Once you adapt to it with the type of players & specific formation it demands then you will win everything & that is not a challenge for me. That is just how bad the game is this year.

FM 11-12 had the best match engines. I would always feel the need to tweak tactics & change formations after a couple of seasons & that kept me playing the game long. Not the case with FM 14. I would go as far as saying FM 14 has the worst match engine ever. Yes patches will improve it but by how far? I will be playing FM 13 till 14 gets its last official patch then i will give it a clean try. It has many new features but they not balanced on a basic level to start with & some are of no real benefit long term

Im back playing FM 13 & having fun. FM 14 is not better at its current state but it should after its last official patch. Right now it has too many game-breaking bugs for me to play that are not match engine related. FM 14 is way too easy & boring because it has a very restrictive flawed match engine. Once you adapt to it with the type of players & specific formation it demands then you will win everything & that is not a challenge for me. That is just how bad the game is this year.

FM 11-12 had the best match engines. I would always feel the need to tweak tactics & change formations after a couple of seasons & that kept me playing the game long. Not the case with FM 14. I would go as far as saying FM 14 has the worst match engine ever. Yes patches will improve it but by how far? I will be playing FM 13 till 14 gets its last official patch then i will give it a clean try. It has many new features but they not balanced on a basic level to start with & some are of no real benefit long term

You do realise the match engine in FM14 is a much expanded version of FM13s one right? There are things you can do in FM14 that were literally impossible in FM13.

You do realise the match engine in FM14 is a much expanded version of FM13s one right? There are things you can do in FM14 that were literally impossible in FM13.

Very true on that. As is said FM 14 will be better after its last official patch. I have no regrets about the game just that a few things need to be sorted out before i play it long term. The game needs to be balanced on all areas. Like many others im open to new features that add more details & realism. To be honest the match engine is not my major concern as i have found a way around it. There are in-game issues like board request related to stadiums being bugged & top players in my team that want to leave claiming i did not qualify for continental football yet i won the league & major cup.

SI has given us the tools to play the the game at an expanded level but the game also has to respect & follow the instruction we give it in order to give us a sense of control & enjoyment. I hope as a moderator you understand where im coming from

While i'm enjoying the game, I still feel a few bugs need to be sorted out sooner than later.

The one bug that frustrates me alot is that I seem to hit the 3-4 times in about 75% of my matches, which is just unrealistic.
My opponents don't seem to hit the woodwork nearly as often as I do.
Also the amount of injuries my players get is very annoying, but I don't know if this one is a bug or not.
True and there's always the bug in corners when the ball comes back to the corner taker after being delivered but he lets it go for an out.

I'm enjoying FM14 TBH, I've found how it was my tactics that were losing me games, I watch matches and tweak my tactics accordingly, individual player instructions matter a lot. Although there's always that one utterly frustrating game but that also happens IRL. I support Chelsea, I know we even lost to Stoke IRL. xD

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

I actually love this game the ME is potentially very good, probl?mes with wingers can be solved easiy as for the injuries and the failed ccc SI can solve it with a littte patch when the last patch comes out evryone wil find winning a lot easier