Reaction score
bornexplorer88's Narrow Dominator 4-2-3-1
View attachment 148458
View attachment 148460

It's working pretty well so far and two players with over 40 goals a piece so far.

Just after opinions on the tactic at other clubs...

So please comment below and give me any suggestions or feedback

Thanks in advance

First game with this i went 3-0 first half, and 2-0 in the 2nd, Won 3-2. Think my players just lost the legs or its needs a tweak of two. Will stick into the rotation and see how it goes

First game with this i went 3-0 first half, and 2-0 in the 2nd, Won 3-2. Think my players just lost the legs or its needs a tweak of two. Will stick into the rotation and see how it goes
It tends to go that way but i can't think of how to change other than perhaps train on work rate and team work or fitness. For my Rangers side it worked wonders but it often ends up being a thriller i've had like 8-3's , 5-4's and even a 10-1 in the Scottish Cup, and numerous hatricks from the DLF and SS.

Last edited:
I threw into my NYCFC side, not sure i had the perfect players for it at the time.. Zusi who prob would have been the more ideal Treq is suspended and i still have Pirlo/Lampard central mid.

Great for on the ball, but not so much in the 2nd when chasing it. Might be more suited to my Brazil club game where i have Lucas Lima and Barbosa for the SS & Treq roles.

Looks good... have you tried changing the team mentality to "Standart"?

Added DM & BWM

View attachment 145434

Hi Guys...

Great tactic :)

Started a season with Tottenham, picked out the central midfield area as a weakness so decided to buy 2 new defensive midfielders.

and to change the tactic slightly... to have 2 defensive mids

One as a defensive midfielder > defend to sit and protect the back 4 (Cheikhou Kouyaté - west ham 22m)
One as a ball winning midfielder > defend to win back possession (Victor Wanyama - southampton 25m)
= you can set ball winning midfielder > support in easier games will try and win the ball further up the pitch

I got these players as i wanted prem experienced players to fit straight into the team
both with hold position and short passing etc... having these helps stop counter attacks!
Eric Dier also can play there

in the 70th minute i usually go defensive if we are winning then at 80th contain

seems to work great played 13 won 11 draw 2 lost 0
draw against man city 0-0 (prem)
san jose 1-1 (pre-season)
STILL EARLY DAYS

View attachment 145406

really good tactic like how the front 3 change positions, works great so i will need to improve on the front 3 next season so they all can play equally as good as Deep Lying Attacker, SS & AP so can interchange perfectly

at the moment sometimes ryan mason ends u being a Deep Lying Attacker which he is not good at

View attachment 145405

download the tactic below if you want to try :)

Last edited: