Ryz

Reaction score
Just finished second season in 2012 as Porto, I've won back to back league titles and this season won the Europa league however Guardiola has left Barcelona for Spain and I'm linked as a strong favourite, should I jump ship?!

must be like a dream come true. :D ;)

but its ur choice.

**** yeh......You deserve a chance...I would take it

Do it and then try and sign ur fav porto players

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Dont do what I did tho.I was linked with both Manchester clubs in my 2nd season at West Brom dont even know why and I declared intrest and the board told me to retract my statements and I said no and they fired me and I didnt get either club but lukiley I saved just before I declared intrest and all was fine with the world except for my 700k transfer budget.

Personally, I'd go for Champions League glory before I moved on :D

Just do what I did when Liverpool approached me while I was at Spurs, save and try both. I failed when I went to Liverpool, but have triumphed with Spurs.

Follow your instinct, just make a decision and don't look back!

With me, starting at Spurs, aiming to start a dynasty of success, first season won the CL 1-0 over Barca, and Real Madrid came knocking. Off I go and 3 CL wins and 5 consecutive La Liga titles later, it's been a fun ride!

(By the way, Barcelona are scum.)

When Shakhtar offered me a job as Duisburg manager, i definitely took the jump. I think you should take, because you might not be offered a job like that again for a few seasons. It's your choice, do what you feel.

yes i would make the jump the these traions dfont come along often and if barca strongly want you then u can haggle a good transfer kitty and wage budget also u cud bring otamendi with you from porto who in my opinion is a beast of a centre back as surely puyol, abidal are getting older now? u cud even bring hulk with you as an alternative threat, perosnally i would go barca are the biggest club in world football!!

(by the way madrid are scum 5-0 5-0 5-0)

Well i would not have taken this jump though. Well once when i was tottenham , Liverpool offered me a job having double wages but i rejected. After all i developed a team and i wanted to see it grow. Anyways if you have grown tired of Porto and want you a new challenge you can jump ship. It's your decision. Make sure you take it properly.

I think it depends if you're still having fun at Porto. You might find Barcelona way too easy - although you'll have one **** of a youth team to look forward to!

the barcelona job doesnt come up very often, i would say nothing to the press and see if you get offered it

It really depends on if you're still enjoying your Porto save or if you feel you've taken them as far as they can go. Are you walking the league or actually getting challenged by the other teams?

I have been managing Liverpool for 5 seasons now. 3 seasons in Guardiola left Barca for the Spanish team and I was linked to the Barcelona job. I declined and it has turned out to be the best decision I made. I have defeated Barca on my past 4 Champions League matches and I have made my Liverpool team into a powerhouse side.

Save your game on the day you recieved the job offer.
Then take the Real Madrid job.

This way you can carry on doing Porto and Real Madrid on two different saves.

Thanks for the comments guys, I didn't reply to the press and Barca didn't offer me the job! However a week later Juventus offered me a job which I turned down, aswell at Chelsea. :)

I would say dont save the game and do both. Real managers havent got that option so i would say go for it. Obviously wait for an offer from Barcelona but if you get the offer then i say jump. You inherit one of the best teams ever and your challenge reaches the next level.
If you take the job and it doesnt go well you could always go back down a level and start to build your rep up.
The same thing sort of happened to me in FM10. I was Newcastle manager in 2012/13 and i was doing really well in all the cups and the league. I managed to come 3rd in the league and win both the FA Cup and Europa League. Inter Milan came in for me and i jumped at the chance, i was manager there for 6 seasons winning everything possible before eventually moving back to the Premier League to manage Spurs who at this point were a top 3 team.