hugsy

Reaction score
So, how do you find you oponnents weaknesses and explore that? Im having a hard time with this, and changing my tactics to explore that weak side.

You look at their squad to find weak spots, you look at their players during the game and see if someone is acting nervous, having a poor game etc. You listen to your scouts/*** man to implement OIs. You look at their formation and follow the flow of the game. Are they leaving a gap between their defense and midfield, then exploit the middle. Are their fullback bombing forward ( or are they playin a 352) the you can exploit the flanks / overlap or play direct on the counter and clear ball to the flanks.

If they have a gap between the midfield and attack, then close down their attackers in the OP so they cant hold on to the ball, awaiting their teammates

These are just some things you can do with almost all formations.

Oh, most importantly, use extended highlights as the very leasts and pause the game every 15 minutes and take a real life 1 minute reflection of what is happening in the field.

May I advise to put an effort to analyzing your opponent thoroughly especialy before the match and also during it.

Which kind of tactics are they using? Where are their goals/assists (this important!) coming? Where are they vulnerable? Which of their players have weak mentality and you can strike them already prior the game via the media? Etc etc etc...

Believe, if you take some time and bother to go into details with this kind of things, then a) you'll much more succesful manager; b) enjoy the game more :) FM13 in particular gives rewards to managers like this IMO.

You look at their squad to find weak spots, you look at their players during the game and see if someone is acting nervous, having a poor game etc. You listen to your scouts/*** man to implement OIs. You look at their formation and follow the flow of the game. Are they leaving a gap between their defense and midfield, then exploit the middle. Are their fullback bombing forward ( or are they playin a 352) the you can exploit the flanks / overlap or play direct on the counter and clear ball to the flanks.

If they have a gap between the midfield and attack, then close down their attackers in the OP so they cant hold on to the ball, awaiting their teammates

These are just some things you can do with almost all formations.

Everytime I read posts like these, I get inspired but then i actually play and it never works :S

Everytime I read posts like these, I get inspired but then i actually play and it never works :S

Well, for me if morks most of the times but not all of i. Remember that every time you take a risk, it can also backfire, especially if evaluating the risk & reward incorrectly ( like, lets close down Ronaldo all the time , then we will break up attacks when real M is moving forward, leading to us actually not being good enough with it, him scoring 3 goals)

When trying to take advantages to the opponents weaknesses, we also have to make sure that we have made a work around to make up for our own :D It might be that the directives given is actually helping the opponent exploiting ours. Always start from the back.

Why not start a fresh save with a team like Stoke. Take a look at the squad and tell me what our strengths are and how we should use them, and also what our weaknesses are and how we can keep them to a minimum. Next, imagine that you know this, how would you exploit those weaknesses if you where the opponent :D

This is how I do it, always start by looking at your self ( this goes in rea life to ;D )

How well are you currently doing TBH and what team are you?

How well are you currently doing TBH and what team are you?

Well, I am playing multiple saves when constructing and uploading tactics but if speaking about my longterm save, I am playing as Forest first season. Here, the results are truly great. I am 20 point ahead in the league after 30 matches and have managed to knockout United at OT in the Fa Cup. Just remember that I do micro manage ( and am good at it) the leadership. I actually make notes about the players, how they react to teamtalks, privaye chats etc)

Well, I am playing multiple saves when constructing and uploading tactics but if speaking about my longterm save, I am playing as Forest first season. Here, the results are truly great. I am 20 point ahead in the league after 30 matches and have managed to knockout United at OT in the Fa Cup. Just remember that I do micro manage ( and am good at it) the leadership. I actually make notes about the players, how they react to teamtalks, privaye chats etc)

One day I'll be that good :O

Its all about having no life :d

:D

How hard would you say the game is for you personally? Obviously you achieve a lot of success but do you consider it somewhat easy even if you don't expect to win every match? And do you just presume every team has a weakness?

:D

How hard would you say the game is for you personally? Obviously you achieve a lot of success but do you consider it somewhat easy even if you don't expect to win every match? And do you just presume every team has a weakness?

Its hard, really hard. But in a sense, this makes me work harder to so the results are somewhat equal to if the game would have been easy, me not being Complacent his year :D

I always think that teams have their weak spots. Sometimes, my players dont have the quality to exploit those though, especially when considering that they ( most of all attacking and/or agressive players here) also have a defensive dutie that is simply essentiall to the defensive shape of our TEAM.

Phew, it took me half hour to go trought a game..i won 1x3 away. but i manage to pay attention in all details i could. Its not a easy game for someone whos playing or the first time, i tell you that....

Phew, it took me half hour to go trought a game..i won 1x3 away. but i manage to pay attention in all details i could. Its not a easy game for someone whos playing or the first time, i tell you that....

That's great. After learning how to read the game, it wont take more than 10 minutes though.