Opposition Gk/CD is having a stunning game

xxlin

Reaction score
What to do if the opposition Gk/CD is having a stunning game, etc rating of 8/9?

Just sit and curse?? haaha...

Basically lol, had the same thing last night, match ended 1-0 to Southampton (i am everton) i had 35 shots with 64% possession whilst they only had 5 shots the whole game, this included mattia destro missing a penalty for me in the last minute cause there keeper flew across the goal. I was fuming haha

Try using some shouts to work around em, depending on how you are playing and how they are playing.

What im trying to say is, have stability by not changing your instructions and tactic to often. Your players will get frustrated and dont realy know what to do, atleast take a year for your team to learn your structure and way of play, if your not taking on an ongoing project and contiue using the same formationg and way of play they did last year. Dont be in a rush of changing to much in your squad as many think they can rebuild a team and win everything the same year.
then you need to find out how your opposition play and how you can work around it using shouts etc.

I find stability, Match preporation and motivating highly important for a win.

EDIT: Also when signing new players depening on language and playstyle they use to play before how they will perform in your tactic stright away. Give them time to learn your way.

Last edited:
overload and pump ball into box if you have a good tall striker and they have shorter defenders

play 2/3 players upfront, try and outnumber their defenders to your attackers

if they are tall and sluggish, use work ball into box and play through defence

EDIT: Also when signing new players depening on language and playstyle they use to play before how they will perform in your tactic stright away. Give them time to learn your way.

cannot agree more with this!

I won Epl, Carling and FA in my 1st season with Spurs with mostly the same players besides Jovetic and a few others (defence was unchanged besides Mino replacing Ekotto)

I was forced include a £21m release clause in Kabouls contract and City swooped in a few days later at the end of the season, I wanted someone exactly like him and went in for Dede

I think I conceded like 20 goals in the whole 1st season in the EPL

I think I conceded that many in my first 12 games or so! Dede was rubbish!

they struggle to communicate (also signed Indi for free) he has also been rubbish

when I play Dawson and Caulker/Vertonghen) I barely concede at all

I conceded 34 goals last season... The season before that the number was 21. My defensive pair the last 4 seasons have been Nkoulou and Zouma, and for some reason Zouma had a lower average rating last season than the seasons before. I would assume communication only improves the longer players play together, but I guess it was simply due to form.

3 games in this season, and have conceded 1 goal. If that continues I'll end up below 20, but I highly doubt it :p