jdmk8

Reaction score
Hi, i'm just wondering if anyone takes the opposition scout reports on board before every game and how you would use the scout report to counter the oppositions tactics.

For example how would you counter a team
-Playing a wide formation
-Playing narrow
-Slow tempo
-High tempo
-Direct passing
-Short passing
-On the counter

I usually don't bother with this and just use the same tactics over and over but recently this has not been working too well for me.

Also do you use opposition instructions against key players and what opposition instructions do you use for fast strikers, tall strikers, playmakers etc???

Hi, i'm just wondering if anyone takes the opposition scout reports on board before every game and how you would use the scout report to counter the oppositions tactics.

For example how would you counter a team
-Playing a wide formation
-Playing narrow
-Slow tempo
-High tempo
-Direct passing
-Short passing
-On the counter

I usually don't bother with this and just use the same tactics over and over but recently this has not been working too well for me.

Also do you use opposition instructions against key players and what opposition instructions do you use for fast strikers, tall strikers, playmakers etc???

It's hard to get it all right, normally I just take into note their key players and that.

If they play wide, try to neutralise their wingers.
If they play narrow, use wingers to your advantage.
If they play slow, use a quick tempo to counter them.
If they play quick, slow the game down and keep possession.
If they use direct passing, pressure their best passers and man mark forwards.
If they use short again pressure their best passers into making mistakes.
If they play on the counter, then make sure you've got quick defenders who can get back and defend.

Simple but effective I find.

Also I let me *** man handle opposition instructions.

It's hard to get it all right, normally I just take into note their key players and that.

If they play wide, try to neutralise their wingers.
If they play narrow, use wingers to your advantage.
If they play slow, use a quick tempo to counter them.
If they play quick, slow the game down and keep possession.
If they use direct passing, pressure their best passers and man mark forwards.
If they use short again pressure their best passers into making mistakes.
If they play on the counter, then make sure you've got quick defenders who can get back and defend.

Simple but effective I find.

Also I let me *** man handle opposition instructions.

Sooo if

they play wide - close down wingers?
play slow- play quick tempo and close down a lot i guess??
play quick- play slow tempo and short passing to keep possession?
if they have any key playmakers- close them down?
and if they play on the counter im f%^*^ because my defence have an average age of 90.

I cant trust my *** man because im Port Vale :p

cheers mate

sorry to go a bit off topic, but if my assistant says we get overawed by quality teams, how to i change that?

You probably need to stop being so offensive against quality teams. Play a bit deeper, close down a little less and keep passing short to retain possession as much as possible. Or if you have fast wingers and strikers/a striker. Play counter attacking, allow the other team to have most of the possession and catch them on the break, with quick tempo and medium/direct passing. I always feel though, keeping everyone behind the ball is important when your against a team that is far better than you by playing deep and closing down rarely.

This works well for my port vale team, shame i cant win the easier games :(

Sooo if

they play wide - close down wingers?
play slow- play quick tempo and close down a lot i guess??
play quick- play slow tempo and short passing to keep possession?
if they have any key playmakers- close them down?
and if they play on the counter im f%^*^ because my defence have an average age of 90.

I cant trust my *** man because im Port Vale :p

cheers mate

Pretty much lol.

Key Playmakes - close down and hard tackling is what I do. Just because I like them to know that my team are going to get stuck in lol.

If they play on the counter try playing with a deep defensive line, maybe have your quickest centre back set to cover, it might help?

lol well then just make sure you know their key players and then pick. Close them down, hard tackling.

Be wary of tight marking and weaker foot. Tight marking if they're good enough they'll get away from your players, weaker foot they might be good at both so might not be effective.

I know this might be a stupid question but I am new to the forums and the game but how do you tell if the opposition play:

Wide or narrow
Slow or quick
Direct passing or short passing.
please help I have been asking this for ages