jacko919

Reaction score
I have used the search function but have just found outdated threads from FM10.

I would like to ask the community whether anybody has found very effective defensive settings on the new version of the game. I have been managing CSKA Moscow and have been doing well with my tactic. I have conceded the least amount of goals in the league and have a goal difference of +41 halfway through the season, however CSKA seem to have a far superior team than the majority of opponents met in the Russian league. Vagner Love has battered the league so far, scoring 26 in 16 league appearances. I think that with the quality of player available to me I should go unbeaten throughout the year, and having beaten Rubin Kazan 4-0, 5-0 and 4-0 I find myself losing inexplicably to Amkar and Amzhi. I feel that if I tried my tactic on a middle-of-the-road team in the EPL then I may have attacking flair but may concede a lot more.

I am using a 4-1-1-3-1, i.e. a staggered 4-2-3-1 with a DM and a ball winning CM.

A good defensive set-up would be great. What defensive set-up have you been using, from your defensive line to player roles to advanced settings?

I have a lot of respect for this forum and being a rugby player through and through up until I bought FM10 and signed up for this forum, I had only a spectator's knowledge of the game. I now have a much greater knowledge of the game of football through reading this forum and hold Rugby and football in the same esteem.

Diolch yn fawr.