Botty

Reaction score
Hello all and welcome to my first story 'Optimus Primus'. The Blue text will be outside of the story, and used for news,updates and feedback. I hope you all enjoy what follows.

ssnlogo.jpg

/BREAKING NEWS/BREAKING NEWS/BREAKING NEWS/BREAKING NEWS/

Michael Appleton has had his contract terminated at money strapped Portsmouth.

Michael Appleton has had his contract terminated along with twelve other members of minor staff at Portsmouth Football Club.
Sky Sources believe that his replacement will be someone who knows the club well, and that existing backroom staff cannot be ruled out.

View attachment 231284

Portsmouth Football Club Statement:
We are deeply saddened to announce the termination of Manager Michael Appleton’s contract along with the termination of twelve other members of non-playing staff. We wish Michael the best for his future in football of which we are sure will be long and successful.
We are on the other hand pleased to announce the return of a Portsmouth favourite and asset to the community. We have chosen Linvoy Stephen Primus as the next Portsmouth Football Club manager. We believe his knowledge of the club, the fans and the local area will be vital in the stabilising the club in our current situation. Linvoy will attend a press conference regarding his appointment in the near future. We hope that the fans and everyone associated with the club will show Linvoy and the team the support they need at this difficult time for everyone involved in Portsmouth Football Club. Thank You.

View attachment 228650

More to follow, feedback, comments and criticism welcome. :)

Last edited:
Linvoy Primus’ first press conference:
primusclap.jpg

Congratulations on being hired Linvoy, could this be the dream job for a retired footballer?

Yes, it’s great to return to Portsmouth I have had some of the best times of my life here.

The club is in mountains of debt, with the previous staff members including manager Michael Appleton having their contracts terminated, how will this affect your vision for the club going forward?

With no transfer funds, a negative wage budget and a Transfer Embargo enforced indefinitely I think my vision for the club has been smashed to smithereens.

Is it true you’ve taken a large wage cut from your previous backroom jobs in taking this job?

I have indeed taken a large wage cut, but my passion for football and being able to carry on helping young people and people in the communities around the football club is enough payment for me. I feel that the fact that money is a driving force in football is a shame; it’s no longer about passion and love for the game.

With the dedicated fans Portsmouth have, surely there will be no worries on the support side of things?

No, none at all, the Portsmouth fans are as loyal as they come, I just hope they have faith in me and give me enough time to turn the clubs misfortunes around.

Will any of the playing staff be leaving in the near future?

Unfortunately I’m being forced into letting the club’s highest earners go, what is even more unfortunate is that these happen to be our best players.

How much of a stumbling block will the ten point deduction prove to be over the coming months?

Oh it will be huge, that is one thing I’m certain of. It may be the difference in relegation and staying up this season and therefore between me keeping my job and me being unemployed again.
Thank you all and I look forward to the next time we speak.

Thank you all for the immediate positive feedback, it's more than I ever expected :) There will be a small update tonight or a large pre-season summary tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Primus announces back to the future kit change.

Linvoy Primus has annouced an unexpected kit change for the fast approaching season.The 'new' kits have been inspired by past kits of Portsmouth and are predicted to sell well among both old and new fans, bringing in much needed revenue.
Linvoy said earlier today: " These kits will be bring back memories of better times for fans, the retro look is vital in taking the club back to days that were simpler than those we've been experiencing as of late."
The new kits.
(Kits made by AlexanderKruseBerg- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/kits/94064-alexanderkrusebergs-kit-request-thread.html)
Home
portsmoutholhome.png

Away
portsmoutholaway.png

Third
portsmoutholdthird.png

View attachment 231280
/BREAKING NEWS/
Primus forced to sell best players by administrators.

Ricardo Rocha is the first player to leave financially trouble Portsmouth as the administrators force the highest earners out the door. The 33year-old Portuguese defender played for Sporting Braga, Benfica, Tottenham and Standard Liege before moving to Portsmouth in 2010.

The initial bid of 400 thousand pound from Newcastle United was accepted by the administrators immediately, this quick process is believed to be Portsmouth transfer policy until their situation improves.

View attachment 231281

I will be starting a new story now, as I feel that I can do better and produce better than I have here.
So to clarify this story is no longer active.