Options regarding summer transfers and winter transfers

Metz

Reaction score
Most games for clubs start in June or July (depending on the country you choose at the beginning), but the thing is that you already start with all summer transfers, even the ones that were done on the last day in August.

There is probably nothing that can be done about this since it would kind of be strange to start the game in September having already had your team play a few matches.

Ideally I was thinking that it would be nice to have the following options available before you start a game:

A) Start game with summer transfers - This would allow be the standard way of playing as this is the default for all FM games.

B) Start game with pre-summer transfers - This would be the most realistic option as you would start in June or July with money and players who were bought after the Winter transfer would be incoming shortly when the transfer window opens. For example, Bayern Munich bought Shaqiri around March, so if you start with Bayern Munich and choose this option, the only new player you'd have would be Shaqiri. You would then have money to buy other players with instead of having Javi Martinez, Dante, and Mario Mandzukic in your squad already.

C) Start game with no summer transfers - This option would be for people who would rather not have any of the pre-summer signings their clubs already agreed to. It is not the most realistic option, but it is somewhat plausable.

There could then also be an additional ticker that asks you if you want this option to only apply to your club or if you want it to apply to all clubs in the game.

I'm 99% sure this feature won't make it into FM13, but it would be nice if FM14 could get a headstart on these options as it could make the game a lot more enjoyable and somewhat more realistic for some players. It wouldn't be hard to code as if you don't want the summer transfers, the game would just start with the previous game's database but with some changes (CA/PA changes, staff changes, players retiring, etc..).

So what do people think about having these options for future FM games? (I've been suggesting this for a while now)

The problem with that is you would need 3 databases, so I doubt it will happen soon, if ever.

It's a good idea though.

I think instead of those options. Have an option (or make it the only option) to have the summer transfers be completed during the course of the transfer window. So any deadline day deals actually go through on deadline day instead of getting them in at the start of July.

I don't think this would be too hard because all you'd need to do is set the transfer date to the date it was completed on the database. I've done it for my own database editing before so I'm sure FM could do it.

The problem with that is you would need 3 databases, so I doubt it will happen soon, if ever.

It's a good idea though.

The databases would be almost similar in everything, except for a handful of players remaining in their previous clubs.