Order the game from FM-Base? (US customer)

noelster5

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new on the forum so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong already or if the answer to my question has already been answered somewhere else.
I currently live in the US and I can't find football manager in the stores over here. So can I order a copy of FM2012 through FM-Base even though I live in the US? I suppose it is a digital copy?

I have a couple of questions about that and I'm sorry if these are dumb questions. But if I order a digital copy, do I receive it immediately? Also is there a chance that I by accident can lose the game? (If my computer crashes for example). Also, can me and my brother buy 1 copy together and play it at the same time on two separate laptops? And last question, if I buy a copy of FM2012, do I HAVE to install it using steam or can I also do some kind of offline, DVD installation?

That's it for now, I hope somebody can take the time to answer my questions.

Thanks!

It is a digital copy.
Im not sure when you get it but it will be ASAP id imagine.
You cant lose the game as it will be recored on your steam account that you have bought the game, if you laptop crashes you will be able to download the files from steam again for free.
You can dl the game onto as many system as you want but you may only log in to your steam account on one system at any one time so you both wont be able to play at the same time. However my brother and I bypassed this on '11, log in and load up the game on one system. Then the other. It will kick the 1st system off steam but the 1st systme should still be on the game. Im not sure if this will work for '12 but it did for '11.
You have to validate it via steam and will need steam on you computer/laptop to play it (but you can be in offline mode)

1. You get it straight away and download it; computers crashing do not affect it
2. Only one person can have it and play it, but you can play it on other computers but only one computer at a time
3. You are only allowed via Steam, no offline ways are available this year.

:)

Last edited:
So can I order a copy of FM2012 through FM-Base even though I live in the US? I suppose it is a digital copy?
[del]Yes[/del] Maybe, as long as it's available on Steam in your region it should be ok, it's just a Steam activation code that we sell.

But if I order a digital copy, do I receive it immediately?
It's taken. a few minutes for people to receive their activation keys and it's taken some people an hour or two.

Also is there a chance that I by accident can lose the game? (If my computer crashes for example).
Nop, once it's activated on Steam you can download it as many times as you like.

Also, can me and my brother buy 1 copy together and play it at the same time on two separate laptops?
No. But sort of yes, one account will need to be signed into Steam in offline mode. So you won't be able to play network games together.

And last question, if I buy a copy of FM2012, do I HAVE to install it using steam or can I also do some kind of offline, DVD installation?
You can buy a hard-copy, which we don't sell, and install it that way. But it still needs activating on Steam before you can play it.

Last edited:
[del]Yes[/del]
No. But sort of yes, one account will need to be signed into Steam in offline mode. So you won't be able to play network games together.

So if we want to play a multiplayer (network) game we can't play at the same time, but if we play a single player game, we should be able to play at the same time? Or am I getting this wrong?

Anyways, thanks for the helpful comments, I appreciate it.