• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AC DC

Banned
Reaction score
After Launching via Steam I get an error message saying "football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working" or the game fails to Launch

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is that you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Then you should update your DirectX, download and install from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should solve the issue.
When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

This can be resolved by updating DirectX and the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download these:

DirectX:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

.NET Framework:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I Get Error S1001 When attempting to Install Microsoft Direct X SDK

Make sure you DO NOT have Steam running when attempting to install this file, as it corrupts the install.
Where can I find the Data Editor or Resource Archiver?

If installed using the Offline activation method the game editor can be found at:

Computer > Local Disk (C: > All Programs > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > Tools

If installed using the STEAM activation method the game editor can be found at:

Computer > Local Disk (C > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > football manager 2010 > tools
I installed through Steam and now I get an annoying block of colour on my screen (bottom right hand corner)

In Steam click the icon "Settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community"

You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem’

Please download the following file
http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

After you have downloaded, unzip the file saAuditMD.dll and place in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010
I can't advance past the 25th of July

This issue may effect a few users who have acquired the game via digital download - we hope to have a proper fix for this very shortly, but there is a workaround for now if you find yourself suffering with it.

Save the game on the morning of 25th July.

Close the game and restart it.

Press Continue, the game should advance as normal.
How to carry out a Manual Uninstall

To Remove the Game files follow these steps:

Windows XP
1: Open “My Computer”
2: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

Windows Vista/Windows 7

1: Click “Start”
2: Click “Computer”
3: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

If you have more than one version of the game installed (For example, you have FM2008 and FM2009 installed) and only wish to remove one then go into the Sports Interactive Folder and delete the folder of the game you wish to remove.

Next you need to remove save games and other content:

Windows XP:
1: Open “My Computer”
2: Navigate to “C:\Documents and Settings\<Name>\My Documents”

Vista and 7:
1: Click on “Start”
2: Click on “Computer”
3: Navagate to “C:\Users\<Name>\Documents”

Look for the Sports Interactive Folder and follow the same steps for the game files.

Next remove your Cache files (Details can be found below)

Finally you will need to edit your registry to remove information Sports Interactive stores there.

Windows XP
2: Click on “Run”
3: In the text prompt box type “regedit”
4: Navigate to:

Windows Vista and 7
2: In the Search box type “regedit”
3: Navigate to: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\
4: Delete the “Sports Interactive Ltd” Folder.

Note: Please do not tamper with anything else in this folder, your registry is very sensitive and changing something could cause your computer to malfunction.

Once all the steps above are complete your game will be completely uninstalled.
Installation Issues on Windows XP64 Bit.

If you are having trouble with Windows XP 64bit then you should change compatibility mode to ‘Windows XP’, do this by right-clicking on the game icon, clicking properties and changing the compatibility mode to ‘Windows XP’

I’m getting an Install Anywhere Error / Any other installation errors.

First try deleting the Cache files and running the game. If it has not installed properly then try the following.

1: Go through a complete uninstall.
2: Make sure your disc is clean and free of surface dust/scratches.
3: Try to install the game again to a standard Hard Drive (not an external hard drive or USB key) to the default location.

Once you have installed the game try running it as normal. If this has not worked then post on the Technical Support forums with your Dxdiag details.

I cannot find the Football Manager 2010 shortcut to launch the game?

Microsoft Windows Vista and the “Games For Windows” scheme handles installation differently to previous versions of the Windows operating system. The game information is stored in the “Games Explorer” which is a new feature of Microsoft Windows Vista.

It is completely normal for no game shortcuts to be placed on the Desktop or within the Start Menu.

To find the Football Manager 2010 shortcut on Microsoft Windows Vista you need to browse to the Games Explorer.

Because there are different versions of Vista, including Vista Home, Vista Premium, Vista Ultimate, etc, the Games Explorer may be found in different locations, this also depends on whether you're using the Classic Start Menu or not.

The most common locations for the Windows Games Explorer include:

2: Click “Games”

Or

2: Click “All Programs”
3: Click “Games”
4: Click “Games Explorer”

Alternatively you can search for Games Explorer by doing the following:

2: Click inside the “Search” box
3: Type “Games Explorer”
4: Select “Games Explorer” when it appears and it should open.

You can also manually browse to where Football Manager 2010 is installed on your system and run the game from there. The default location is:

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010

In here you will see the game executable which is called “FM.exe” or simply “FM” if you are not viewing file extensions. You can create a shortcut to this file by right clicking the “FM.exe” file and selecting “Create Shortcut” you can then copy this shortcut to wherever you wish to move it

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

just in case you had any part 2 on the way

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

btw i di not make this cant rember where i foud this had it fot ages but on ma com