Oscar Cardozo underperforming???

rozzaob

Reaction score
I've got oscar cardozo in my newcastle team but he's underperforming for me. not getting many goals or playing very well at all. morale and stats are good but he's just not doin it on the pitch. any suggestions???

I've got oscar cardozo in my newcastle team but he's underperforming for me. not getting many goals or playing very well at all. morale and stats are good but he's just not doin it on the pitch. any suggestions???

Tell him your not happy with his form in the papers.
Play him a couple of times in the reserves so he remembers how to score.
Drop him.
Bring him on as a sub in a game, subs tend to grab a goal when coming on.

I had him at blackburn once and him and Santa murdered defences all over the land.

Make sure he is your no1 free kick taker, he scores them for fun, usually.

Whats his stats like so far? Is it just the rating lacking or is it passing/heading/shots? Also whats your tactic and his role in it?

I had a similar situation when I first bought him for Boro, not sure how much was tactic and how much was him just being new. First time I told him "I Expect A Performance" in a pre-match teamtalk he played great, I think its because of his Attitude and Determination that makes him rise to the challenge where younger less determined players would crumble under the added pressure.

I use 4-4-2 Diamond which has worked well getting the FC (Cardozo) to interact with my AMC more than the flat 4 midfield tactics. List him as a Target Man, tick the box, then set to play To Feet, will still get pleanty of headers during the game from clearences so unless opponents defenders really suck in the air I don't bother setting that, and I certainly don't want to have him trying to Run Onto Ball.

For possession tactics I set Cardozo to Rarely play Through Balls so usually passes it back (to the AMC) who can then use his creativity+passing+dribbling ect to exploit space created by the opponent closing down Cardozo. I up Through Balls to mixed for when there is more space (such as behind the opponent playing a high line) so more likely to put the other striker through on quick attacks rather than passing it back.