Andras99

Reaction score
Hi, my problem with Oscar is the following: in 3 seasons he scored 3-4 goals and had like 10 assists. By my standards that is absolutely rubbish for a player of his class. I play him in the CM position as AP or DLP (90% of the time it's AP with support).
I would like to know if he performs for you guys, and in which position/role/duty.
If anyone could suggest something to improve his performance without changing his position, would be great. Thanks.

The problem with him is "Shoots from distance" PPM, so he'll shoot instead of pass. You also need to teach him PPM "Plays through balls". If you use 4-3-3, he should get more assists for sure, he got 17 for me. If you play 4-2-3-1 and play him as CM, those stats aren't too rubbish.
Which season are you in Btw?

3rd season, closing in towards the end. I use a 4-3-3
Tactic is pretty much like this: GK/ FB LD BPD FB/ DM BBM AP/ IF IF TM

Have you taught him "plays through balls" PPM? He is good at everything else, tackling, high work rate but his "Shoots from distance" PPM can't be removed unless you use Editor. He doesn't shoot this much IRL, he does like scoring but he's not like Lampard who takes a lot of shots, especially from long range.

I believe i already taught him the Play through balls in the 1st season (can't say for sure). He does tend to shoot a lot from distance, which doesn't really happen IRL, as you said, but i don't use Editor, and have no intention of using it. It's just that he has amazing stats, he is 5/5 stars (2nd best player after Hazard imo) and he is just wasted in my tactic. I like Oscar, so i would hate to sell him. I use Marco van Ginkel in the same position too, and he is way better, even though his stats are worse.
It can't all come down to Shoots from Distance, because i have Schurrle with the same PPM, and he assists or scores every single game. And he ends up in scoring/shooting positions more often than Oscar.

I played him in the AMC position and he was useless. But like you, I played him as a CM AP-Support and he has been much better. Do you play with wingers? Who is his midfield partner and what role? If it is a holding position (DLP-Defend or CM-Defend) then maybe put Oscar to AP-Attack. On his player instruction put 'shoot less often'.

"shoots from distance" is the worst thing in the game imo. Its like players with that PPM are retarded.

I HATE having to sell Santi Cazorla on every arsenal save because he takes 6 shots a game from 40 yards. Its a disaster. SELL SELL SELL.

I played him in the AMC position and he was useless. But like you, I played him as a CM AP-Support and he has been much better. Do you play with wingers? Who is his midfield partner and what role? If it is a holding position (DLP-Defend or CM-Defend) then maybe put Oscar to AP-Attack. On his player instruction put 'shoot less often'.
The trio in the midfield are set up like this: DM-support(Mikel/Chalobah/Romeu)/BBM-support(Chalobah/Ramires/van Ginkel)/AP-support. The wide players are IF-attack (AML-Hazard/Schurrle, AMR-Mata/De Bruyne)
Played a bit yesterday and i can tell you exactly now:
1st season 1 goal and 5 assists (all competitions)
2nd season 3 goals 7 assists
3rd season (ongoing) 1goal 6 assists
They are not the worst stats i've seen for a player in the CM position, but ever since FM13 i start comparing everyone to Goretzka in my Schalke save. I could always get like 20 goals AND assists from the guy in the same position.

Last edited:
I just use Editor to Remove this PPM and decrease his Teamwork slightly, so he will take more shots but won't take like 5 shots from long range in a match.

I just use Editor to Remove this PPM and decrease his Teamwork slightly, so he will take more shots but won't take like 5 shots from long range in a match.
I see your point, but if i do the same, i will be tempted to change other things. I just can't help it. It's like when the time i had Terry and Lampard in one of my Derby County saves as 18 years old. You want more and more:D

I see your point, but if i do the same, i will be tempted to change other things. I just can't help it. It's like when the time i had Terry and Lampard in one of my Derby County saves as 18 years old. You want more and more:D
Heh, I don't use editor much, sometimes not even at all. Had to use for Oscar, he isn't this useless In real life. Just 2 changes, that's all. Changed his teamwork to 10 from 13, although he is a team player IRL too, he just likes to shoot a tad more than normal playmaker.

I asked one of my coach to train him "Look to pass rather than shoot" PPM, but he said i have a better chance to set foot on the moon. If he won't learn the PPM, i will just have to try to make a tactic that exploits his strengths.

I asked one of my coach to train him "Look to pass rather than shoot" PPM, but he said i have a better chance to set foot on the moon. If he won't learn the PPM, i will just have to try to make a tactic that exploits his strengths.
If you train him DLP his tackling goes up to 13/14. Play through balls, if he stays deeper instead of advanced playmaker, he won't take too many shots, he has good decision stats, he's no David luiz. :p

That's a good point you made. Stats-wise he is already world class, so i could probably get him to focus on tackling only.
If that doesn't work either, well, Musonda or Colkett will soon take his place in the first team.
Thanks for the replies and help.

That's a good point you made. Stats-wise he is already world class, so i could probably get him to focus on tackling only.
If that doesn't work either, well, Musonda or Colkett will soon take his place in the first team.
Thanks for the replies and help.
Is Colkett any good? Charly Musonda has WC potential,though. You should also start training Boga as CM or Winger if you don't play CAM.
You could just train Oscar as DLP, his tackling and marking will improve, his technique and first touch is already solid but will reach 17/18. With play through balls, he'll become very similar to Gundogan, although their PPMs are very very different. Or you could just sell him if someone else works better, he'll fetch 40M. There must be better regens by second year, with ease.

Unless of course you grow attachment to certain players, like I do. Especially as a Chelsea fan.

View attachment 433439View attachment 433438
Boga is still being played in the U18, because i have too many midfielders at the moment. But he is a part of my long term vision.
With so many great young players, i just can't develop them all as i want too, so i pretty much lost Piazon, Wallace, McEachran, Atsu, Kalas. I will probably start a new save pretty soon and focus on these guys. I always wanted to see how far can the young guns go :D. I don't want to sell Oscar for the same reason: I am a Chelsea fan, and i really like Oscar too.

View attachment 469011View attachment 469013
Boga is still being played in the U18, because i have too many midfielders at the moment. But he is a part of my long term vision.
With so many great young players, i just can't develop them all as i want too, so i pretty much lost Piazon, Wallace, McEachran, Atsu, Kalas. I will probably start a new save pretty soon and focus on these guys. I always wanted to see how far can the young guns go :D. I don't want to sell Oscar for the same reason: I am a Chelsea fan, and i really like Oscar too.
Colkett is rated 2 stars for me. I've used Kalas but his low height doesn't help. Some of Chelsea prospects are quite under-rated, I'd say. RLC deserves better CA, he's one of elite prospects. Feruz is slightly over-rated in terms of CA. Piazon is massively under-rated.

Colkett is rated 2 stars for me. I've used Kalas but his low height doesn't help. Some of Chelsea prospects are quite under-rated, I'd say. RLC deserves better CA, he's one of elite prospects. Feruz is slightly over-rated in terms of CA. Piazon is massively under-rated.
I too was surprised how low rated Loftus-Cheek is. I always tried to give Feruz a chance (3 saves in FM13 and this one), but he always fails to impress. Piazon, is class at Vitesse, hopefully he will get boosted in the winter patch. Ake was also superb in older versions of the game, now it seems he is considered a fairly good player at most, even though he was the only youth team player that actually played for Chelsea's first team last year. Lewis Baker has great potential in my save as well. As i said, too many midfielders :)). I need to start making a 3-7-0 or a working WM formation.

I too was surprised how low rated Loftus-Cheek is. I always tried to give Feruz a chance (3 saves in FM13 and this one), but he always fails to impress. Piazon, is class at Vitesse, hopefully he will get boosted in the winter patch. Ake was also superb in older versions of the game, now it seems he is considered a fairly good player at most, even though he was the only youth team player that actually played for Chelsea's first team last year. Lewis Baker has great potential in my save as well. As i said, too many midfielders :)). I need to start making a 3-7-0 or a working WM formation.
Hah, It's surprising that Baker is rated better than RLC. Baker is more polished for sure, he's more ready but potential wise, RLC is anyday better. He's still raw, though. He has the potential to be better version of Yaya Toure. Can dribble, has solid technique for that size.