edyeded

Reaction score
Guys, ive been signing otamendi game after game for as long as i can remember but the guy NEVER performes! y is tht everyone raves about him? is he reli tht good? im in my 2nd season at hercules and hes way underperforming. wats up with tht?

Urm.. you're not playing him right? He doesn't like it there? You're ****? I dunno, could be a few factors.

Otamendi is always good for me, don't know what your doing wrong mate. :O

Alright, first. Much <3 for getting him for Hércules.

Next, have you tried playing him in another position? Or even changing his role?

Yeah, he should be by far your best DC at Hercules. Either you ain't playing him right or he hasn't adapted to the country.

He is by far the best young DC on the game, on Sakho FM09 level.

Where are you playing him, left wing? No matter how bad you are, Otamendi is generally awesome.

Limited defender Train him Simple passing Stopper

i like all the helpful answers b4 this one really helpful
same as above also shoot with power for some reason helps with set peice goals

i find otamendi totaly rubbish the best deffender ive used in my game is geromel he scores lots of goals from corners and not just with his head

Ive never enjoyed much success with him, Jack Rodwell or Neven Subotic for me

I thought one of the rules was no 'txt' talk?

Anyway, he is one of the best players on the game, or your FMRTE isn't working right?

i find otamendi totaly rubbish the best deffender ive used in my game is geromel he scores lots of goals from corners and not just with his head

You must be useless if Otamendi doesnt perform for you. I will put a 2017 screen up soon, so you can see how good he becomes

Yes this player has wide success and fits into pretty much any team. Bolton, Rangers, Benfica and Villareal all teams that I've had wide success with him. Selling him on for twice his fee has become something I expect everytime.

I'm wondering whether I should buy him or not, seems average in the aerial department and he would partner Vermaelen if I got him.

Limited defender mate.

He is very small for a centre back and struggles in the air.

Play him along side players such as Shawcross, Sakho, Subotic, Steven Taylor or Vidic.

Basically, anyone who is good in the air and is quite tall.

Aye, same with me doesnt perform to well. Hes alright buy for a lowish team but theres much better defenders.

Seems that Otamendi peaked on the 10.2 patch.

Definitely not the best now. Maybe try Danny Wilson.

Seems that Otamendi peaked on the 10.2 patch.

Definitely not the best now. Maybe try Danny Wilson.
Yup, bought him for Arsenal first season, he's 17 and he's already providing serious competition for a place in the team.

I agree. He's average and very cheap. But the real killers are Subotic, Rodwell, Sakho and Danny Wilson imo.

never really liked him, a bit too limited for me