otamendi? seriously?

• Thread starter Thread starter edyeded
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 7K
what about daniel carrico from sporting, he usually wants to move to bigger club after 2 seasons and can be bought for decent price:D

oh, and Otamendi is definately quality

Otamendi has a PA of 198 on my Chelsea save...

I thought Lukaku at 191 was going to b the highest until I saw 198!

Best Cb on the game by a long way after the 3rd season. He is good enough to play at the highest level in the 1st season.

always gets good stats for me but never performs well either I dont sign him anymore

Limited defender mate.

He is very small for a centre back and struggles in the air.

Play him along side players such as Shawcross, Sakho, Subotic, Steven Taylor or Vidic.

Basically, anyone who is good in the air and is quite tall.
For edyeded, that'd probably be Abraham Paz =].

got otamendi for my leeds side after a season barce chelsea and madrid were offering 20 mil for him always performed for me exept for the rare occasion and by rare once every year

Otamendi has a PA of 198 on my Chelsea save...

I thought Lukaku at 191 was going to b the highest until I saw 198!

I've been having some trouble with Otamendi too, but in a different way. I buy him in nearly every game because he's cheap and good, but he is different in every game. In one of my saves he has a PA of 199, in another 185, and in my current Liverpool save his PA is 171. I didn't realize that PA could range so much. But that's not the weirdest thing about him. His height keeps changing from game to game. In one game he's 6'2", another he's 6'0", and in my current game he's only 5'10". Anyone else been noticing things like this?

Young players are still growing just like in real life. the game chooses a random height for them to stop growing i guess.

Players with a minus PA eg -9 or -10 have a PA set in a range.

-10 = 200-180
-9 = 180-160

etc

Last edited:
I've been having some trouble with Otamendi too, but in a different way. I buy him in nearly every game because he's cheap and good, but he is different in every game. In one of my saves he has a PA of 199, in another 185, and in my current Liverpool save his PA is 171. I didn't realize that PA could range so much. But that's not the weirdest thing about him. His height keeps changing from game to game. In one game he's 6'2", another he's 6'0", and in my current game he's only 5'10". Anyone else been noticing things like this?

I knew potential could change but height changing when hes 21, sounds a tad odd oO)

Young players are still growing just like in real life. the game chooses a random height for them to stop growing i guess.

Players with a minus PA eg -9 or -10 have a PA set in a range.

-10 = 200-180
-9 = 180-160

etc

I get the whole -10 and -9 thing, but how does he have -10 in one save and -9 in another? And He's 21 at the start of the game, so I doubt he's going to grow or shrink during his career.

I'm not to sure about the game choosing random heights thing either. I've had players like Rits, Verratti, Muniain, Sanogo, Kadlec, Lukaku and others - who are all 15 and 16 years old at the start of the game - for many many seasons and none of their heights ever change. Even got a 14 year old regen at Liverpool who is now 23, and he has been 5'11" the whole time.

I had the same problem with Otamendi, bought him the 3rd season and had to sell him after 3 seasons. His statistics were crazy (except heading and jumping) but his performances were poor compared to my other defenders.
I play with 3 defenders (3DC) and his average marks were ok but not good. All my other defenders had better marks even if they were supposed to be not as good as him.
He was happy, adapted to the country and everything ... I have been trying for 3 seasons and finally gave up ... his substitute has worse stats than him but performs a lot better.

I don't know what's wrong with him, I didn't have this problem with any other defender after 8 years with the same team ...

Guys, ive been signing otamendi game after game for as long as i can remember but the guy NEVER performes! y is tht everyone raves about him? is he reli tht good? im in my 2nd season at hercules and hes way underperforming. wats up with tht?

if otamendi isn't working for you, try and sign danny wilson from Rangers after the 1st season he becomes amazing player and after 2nd season easily worth 15-20 million;)

Otamendi for is just WORLD-CLASS!! Here is his screenshot in season 3. He is just too good. He may not be that good header but he is world-class!!

I my Juve save is world class. I use him limited defender - cover

Back