Out of my Comfort Zone:A Peter Davies story

udbhav45

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys first thing I would like to say is that this sotry of mine has been inspired from the thread 'The Life and Career of a Football Manager' but I will be also using newspaper reports and biography excerpts etc. throughout my story.Hope you follow...

15th January,1996

'Peter we want you'
'Mr Howard are you serious'
I watched Howard Wilkinson the Leeds Manager closely and he slowly nodded.I was speechless for a minute and then suddenly a bubble of excitement rose up through me,I had been signed by Leeds on a Professional Contract and I was only 17!A sea of relief also swept through me,I had worked hard since joining Leeds in there Youth development programme 9 years ago and finally all that paid off,I was offcialy a Leeds Player.As I left the room,I knew I was an exceptional talent,most players had to wait until they were 18 or 19 to get a proffesional contract but I had just joined a list of coveted names such as Gazza and Wayne Rooney who had received theirs before that.It was time for my career to begin.........

21st September 1998
Elland Road

I jogged slowly on the touchline keep one eye on the action taking place
Arsenal were 1-0 up thanks to a wonder strike by Marc Overmars and we were faltering badly having had only 1 shot on target all game.
I slowly stretched my thigh as I saw another of Marc Overmar's rasping shots being tipped over the bar by our always efficient keeper.Arsene Wenger prowled his techinal area like a tiger always shouting instructions to his team and directing his young troops while George Grham our new manager was seated with his head slumped,shoulders bent with his eyes out of focus like a defeated man.I saw his assistant whisper something in his ear while motioning towards me,he looked up briefly and his eyes flickered for a moment giving them some life before that tiny spark was gone.He slowly nodded...........
My Career in Elland Road about about to kick-off