What a great story. I love the background and the detail in this. As a Man Utd fan I get a kick out of the troubles for Chelsea. ;-)
But what a great story and I'm looking forward to following.

What a great story. I love the background and the detail in this. As a Man Utd fan I get a kick out of the troubles for Chelsea. ;-)
But what a great story and I'm looking forward to following.

Thanks mate. There's been some challenges as FM isn't built for this - in fact its built to actively stop this scenario happening - but I think I'm making decent progress for the time being.

View attachment 240988

3 August 2014

After the Guangzhou game I got on the phone and spoke with Steve. “Mate, we just aren't seeing what we need to in the way of sales.” I was frustrated. Time and time again we had teams inquire about our players but when we stated a fair price they balked. “That’s all good,” he said, “I’ve got a few irons in the fire over here. I did a fax out offering a fair few at decent amount of their expected value and we’ve got some nibbles on Cahill and Azpilicueta.”

“Great News!”

“Not wrong, Arsenal bid 16.5 million for Cahill and PSG have finally pulled their finger out and made a proper bid for someone offering 18.75 million for Dave. Both of them are all up front.”

“Good ****, we need those sales.” I said, exhaling with relief. It turned out prior to our 3rd​preseason game against Genoa, the last of the previously organised friendlies, that both players agreed terms and the transfers were completed. As I took the time to prepare the squad for the game it really hit me how much those two transfers had knocked around the defensive line. Young Nathan Ake would now start at Left back with Luis Felipe nursing a knock.

View attachment 240987

View attachment 240986

We can still field a formidable side though and so it proved against Genoa as we ran out easy 4-1 victors. Didier Drogba has been turning back the clock and continued his good form with 2 goals today. We will need him to be on fire for us to overcome our ten point starting deficit with Loic Remy also up for sale. We still haven’t been able to move Willian and Cuardrado and they also played well scoring a goal apiece.

View attachment 240985

Slowly but surely we are coming together as a team. The issue is though as more and more players get sold seeing exactly what impact that will that have on the squad...

View attachment 240982

11 August 2014

Following the Genoa game we had done another round of offerings. Manchester United decided that one Chelsea defensive midfielder wasn’t enough and bid for Ramires again. I know it’s a running theme but the bid was again low in upfront money – this time only 6 million but there was an additional 14 million in monthly fees to come in over the next 24 months so we accepted. We also needed to shed some wages.

Man City have so far been unable to really bid for any of our players with their transfer limit for this window but finally made a bid for Oscar. Due to the aforementioned limit their offer could only include 7 million up front includes a potential 21.5 million in add-ons spread out well into the future. Again the decision was made to accept as we need to move Oscar’s wages from our books – we are still biting and scratching for whatever up-front fees we can get but at the same time are having to balance that against raising the immediate funds required by Abramovich. Despite interest in almost all of our remaining players on the transfer list we are still struggling to get actual offers. We’ve lowered and lowered our price but Inter just won’t bid on Willian.

View attachment 240981

Ramires would sign on with Manchester United prior to our hastily arranged friendly against Shanghai. As we arrived back in China (this time fully funded by our hosts) he informed me personally of the news. You could tell he was devastated to be leaving. I reminded him that his chipped goal against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final in Chelsea’s winning season of 2012 will mean that he will be remembered forever by Chelsea fans. He thanked me for the kind words and left.

View attachment 240980

The upheaval in the squad was evident in the Shanghai game. We started terribly and went behind in the first half to a Haonan goal. Some harsh(ish) words and changes at half time turned things around though and we ran out 2-1 victors as Remy and Cuardado both showed the potential suitors what they could offer.

View attachment 240979

As we were shaking hands and descending down the tunnel I got a tap on my shoulder. It was Oscar. “Boss, I’m going to let the guys know now but wanted to tell you first. I’ve accepted the City offer.” “I wish it didn’t have to be like this mate but best of luck – you’ll be a success no matter where you end up. Thanks for all your help over the last couple of weeks mate.” I said, putting an arm around a guy who had really stood up since all this blew up. His work with Charly meant that Mousonda was now on track to start the season for us in the centre of the park when we faced Hull in our season opener in 6 days’ time.

View attachment 240978

View attachment 240975
View attachment 240974

York set for Stamford Bridge debut

To the sight of camera flashes and sound of behind the hand murmurings, Robert York will walk out for the first time as Chelsea manager on Sunday afternoon.

It will be very foreign territory for the Manager, appointed due to his status as part of the administration team and whose experience to-date consists of leading Tooting and Mitcham to the Isthmian League 2nd​ division title in 2009 in front of an estimated 400 spectators - a crowd of 100 times the size is expected to be present for his next game.

With a perfect 4 from 4 record though in preseason rehearsals for Sunday’s Barclays Premier League opener with Hull, it appears York has his team ready and raring to go for the new season despite a host of departures due to the club’s dire financial position.

According to Didier Drogba, superstar Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas is expected to join the exodus after being the subject of a bid worth a suggested potential 29.5 million pounds from Bayern Munich. “Rob let all the guys know that an offer had been received for Cesc,” who only joined 2 months ago, “He’s not been included in the weekend’s squad as he flies out to Munich to conclude the deal.” The Ivorian striker told Metro.co.uk.

View attachment 240977
Drogba will be hoping to be doing plenty of this in an effort to keep Chelsea up

"Having said that we know we still have the quality in the team to stay afloat this season. With me, John and Petr we have a solid leadership group who will make sure the youngsters coming in know exactly what is expected.”

"Remy, Luis, Mikel, Cuadrado and Willian all remain listed so there still might some movement before the transfer window shuts so our young guys have to be ready to perform."

As noted in his press conference earlier in the week Chelsea face a formidable task overcoming the 10 point deduction they have received as a result of entering administration.

View attachment 240976

"Our first couple of games are huge," he explains. "Given we are starting well behind the rest we need to start by taking as many points as possible from Hull and Palace."

Looking ahead to Sunday, Drogba is confident that both York and the Chelsea supporters will enjoy a day to remember against a competitive opponent: "we need as many fans as possible to pack Stamford Bridge this season. We know we are up against it and will be drawing on their energy to help us!”

The bookies have establish Chelsea as firm favorites for the drop due to the decimation of their playing roster combined with the inexperience of their boss offering odds of 2/1 for the South West London club to be relegated.

More: Matic counts down to Old Trafford bow | Oscar targets the title with City

“Not wrong, Arsenal bid 16.5 million for Cahill and PSG have finally pulled their finger out and made a proper bid for someone offering 18.75 million for Dave. Both of them are all up front.”

Who is Dave?? Is that a nickname for Azpi?

Sorry yes. That is what Chelsea fans have taken to called Azpilicueta.

View attachment 240716

17 August 2014

So this was it. My first ever official game in charge of Chelsea. My knees were almost knocking as I stepped up to deliver the pre-match team talk. I spoke for a good 15 minutes about Hull's tendencies, about how we needed to go out and do it for the fans and about how we needed to do it for Roman. After I finished the guys looked ready but not raring. JT fixed that. He stood, eyeballed everyone in the room and said, "Lets f*cking rip in!!"

It really worked too. Only minutes in and we had our first sight of goal. A well worked short throw between Felipe Luis and Willian resulted in a cross being swung in by the latter. Loic Remy made a neat front post run but could only glance his header over. Nonetheless, it was a signal of our intentions. Only minutes later however Hull had a brilliant chance of their own as Zouma left a backpass short and N'Doye ran on but, from an acute angle, could only find the side netting.

The remainder of the first half was relatively bland. We had a few opportunities, Willian in particular tested Jakupovic in the Hull goal a couple of times, whilst N'Doye had a decent chance with a header from a corner. We also had half a shout for a penalty waved away when young Lewis Baker was clattered in the box. Referee Mike Jones said that Elmohamady had got the ball first however - still looked reckless to me.

We came our firing in the second half though and Willian quickly put us ahead. Hull failed to clear a corner and Willian was first to the rebound slamming home - Jakupovic got a hand to it but couldn't keep it out. We were desperately unlucky not to double our lead moments later, first Jakupovic denied Lewis Baker a goal from a free kick at full stretch before getting to his feet and completing a fine double save tipping Willian's effort from the rebound around the post.

That effort seemed to spur Hull into action as first N'Doye blazed over from a free kick before a David Myler lofted through-ball evaded our entire defense and Nikica Jelavic made no mistake, sending Cech the wrong way before burying his one-on-one chance.

Cech was furious with the defense and let them know it. One thing this squad still has in abundance is determination. We restored our lead with around 20 minutes remaining when Branislav Ivanovic cut inside Robertson before teasing in a cross with his left foot. Didier Drogba flashed in front of his marker and glanced his header in at the near post to allow Stamford Bridge to breathe a little easier.

There were a couple of nervy moments as we saw the game out, most prominently when Jelavic clipped the top of the bar with a free kick although Cech appeared to have it covered easily, but in truth we were reasonably comfortable and could have even got another goal at the death when Drogba flashed wide with a long range effort.

View attachment 240709

A great result and a fantastic start to what will be a challenging season. We did a lap of honor at the end to thank the fans and there looked to be many happy faces - hopefully we can keep them that way!!

Later that night I took a call from Cesc. The medical had gone well and he had agreed terms and would be announced as a Bayern player in the morning. Again, I thanked him for his efforts over the last few months. Given he never played a competitive fixture for Chelsea it would have been easy for him to throw his hands up and say 'stuff you all' during this but he has been the consummate professional.

View attachment 240708

View attachment 240353

23 August 2014

We traveled to Selhurst Park to take on Crystal Palace in our second game of the season. We were eyeing all 3 points to get ourselves back in the positive. With Fabregas formally agreeing terms and becoming a Bayern player we again started Baker and Musonda in front of Mikel in our central midfield trio. It was Baker and Musonda who combined early and almost got us off to a great start but Musonda's speculative long range effort narrowly missed.

View attachment 240352

Juan Cuadrado then should have put us ahead, butchering a gilt-edged chance by firing straight at Hennessey in the Palace goal after finding himself one-on-one when he skinned first Bolasie and then Ward. It was then Chamakh's turn to be wasteful in front of goal when he headed over from inside the six yard box when it seemed easier to score.

View attachment 240350

Willian spectacularly then put us ahead just after the quarter hour mark, taking Baker's free kick first time mid air on the volley - evoking memories of Paulo Di Canio's wonder goal for Sheffield Wednesday - firing an unstoppable shot past Hennessey.

View attachment 240346

We were fortunate to head into the break a goal up as we had Cech's wonder save to deny Mutch's full blooded effort just after the half hour.

View attachment 240345

Our good luck ran out not long after the break. Lee Chung-Yong somehow thread a pass through 3 of our defenders before Chamakh slotted home into the bottom right hand corner of the goal.

View attachment 240344

We began to reassert our dominance after their goal and were desperately unlucky not to retake the lead when Chung-Yong turned savior for Palace acrobatically clearing a goal bound effort from Cuadrado off the line.

View attachment 240343

We were thrown a life line when Kelly hacked down Willian leaving him in a crumpled heap earning himself a second yellow in the process. Try as we might however we couldn't find a winner as Palace held on to draw. Given the game was away I am not too disappointed with the result - geez the 3 points would have been nice though!!

View attachment 240341

Loving this story. As someone who is interested in the financial side of the game I'm really liking the background and interested to see how this turns out, as a lot of clubs could find themselves in this kind of trouble if the money men ever get board or aren't making a big enough return.

Loving this story. As someone who is interested in the financial side of the game I'm really liking the background and interested to see how this turns out, as a lot of clubs could find themselves in this kind of trouble if the money men ever get board or aren't making a big enough return.

Cheers mate. Its been pretty difficult to be honest to really accurately represent what I think would happen but I think I'm generally pretty close. The transfer window shuts in game pretty soon so there will be a financial update then.

View attachment 240056

30 August 2014

As we were preparing midweek for the upcoming Stoke game I had to fly out to the Champions League Group draw. It was quite an experience rubbing shoulders with the likes of Josep Guardiola, Arsene Wenger and Massimiliano Allegri. In fact I was seated by Allegri for dinner so it was rather amusing when his Juventus side was drawn with us, Galatasaray and Anderlecht. He was actually a really decent bloke so I will enjoy matching wits against him when the time comes. In reality though I expect Juventus to be too strong for us and the rest so it will be a battle between the remaining sides for the 2nd​ qualifying spot.

View attachment 240055

Returning to training we turned out thoughts to Stoke. We knew what they were like tough, physical, uncompromising. We talked and talked to the guys about being mentally up for this one – particularly our younger players – but unfortunately until they experience it for themselves there’s not too much you can do. The guys appeared to be on the right track as the game began. Early on we had a very good chance but Begovic stayed big to deny Cuadrado at the near post. The Columbian could have been more composed but he is doing well to get himself in dangerous positions – he just needs to start taking full advantage!!

View attachment 240054

Our other winger Willian took up the scoring slack shortly after. A long ball from Courtois was flicked on by Lewis Baker. Charly Musonda ran onto it well and found Remy’s feet. He turned Shawcross and, when for all money it looked like he was shooting, slid a ball through for Willian. He cut inside Wollscheid and side footed across Begovic into the far corner – composure personified.

View attachment 240053

Our lead wouldn’t last though as Stoke leveled in somewhat comical fashion. A mix up in the box led to the ball falling to Arnautovic. He was dispossessed by a meaty Branislav Ivanovic sliding tackle however the ball caromed into Diouf’s path and he calmly slotted home to even things up. I wanted to jump and scream at them but what for? Ivanovic had put limb on the line to win the ball in the first place and it was just plain bad luck that had led to it falling to Diouf. I think the thing that galled me the most though was that this was Stoke’s first shot on target whereas we had registered 6 shots on target by this point.

View attachment 240052

The game took another turn shortly after when Ivanovic found a breaking Musonda with a ball down the right touch line. His cross came in at an awkward height and it appeared nothing would come of it but Cuardrado had other ideas. Taking a touch with his chest the ball sat up nicely and his rasping volley cannoned in at the near post with Begovic flapping at the wind. Great response from a guy whose finishing had been found wanting lately.

View attachment 240051

Because we can’t do anything the easy way at the moment Stoke leveled again shortly before half time. Mason Bennett was played in and finished with a nice, low drive. That wasn’t what frustrated me. I can handle conceding. What I can't handle is defenders who are too busy moaning about an offside rather than concentrating on their role. Felipe Luis, here depicted with arm in the air appealing rather than – you know – actually defending, was the culprit. I resolved after this game to offer him out as a fair reduced rate. He’s been starting to complain as more and more players leave the club and if he isn’t going to set a good example on the pitch he will be sold for whatever we can get.

View attachment 240050

The game’s final twist came shortly into the second half. It was that man Cuadrado again rising highest to meet a Willian cross, his header crossing the line after hitting the upright. A great goal and one worthy of winning any match. The flying Columbian hasn’t earned a reputation as the world’s best header but if he keeps this up people may start mentioning him in the same breath as Oliver Bierhoff.

View attachment 240049

From that point we were the dominant side and really should have put the game to bed but couldn’t find the game-killing goal. Having said that this was another good win to start the season and we are slowly but surely catching up to those teams at the bottom of the table. It is hoped that we will shortly be up out of the relegation zone.

View attachment 240048

View attachment 239742

2 September 2014

Early in September the transfer window slammed shut. I was disappointed. We had a few nibbles for Mikel and Willian but no one was willing to offer anything approaching market value for them. As such we decided to decline those offers and try again in the January window. At the conclusion of August though we had received some very good news. Willian had been awarded the Barclays Premier League Player of the Month. Loic Remy has been somewhat of a disappointment up front so thankfully Willian has been among the goals for us.

View attachment 239737

View attachment 239734

Even more surprising was when I received a call from Steve congratulating me on finishing 3rd​in the Manager of the Month award. He said the papers had actually argued that I deserved it more than the winner Van Gaal and runner up Wenger as I have navigated the team through a period of upheaval and started the season with the same record as those two, albeit with an inferior goal difference. He finished the call though be saying that we were meeting the Chelsea Board in the morning – a meeting I wasn’t looking forward too.

View attachment 239733

Sure enough the sun rose again in the morning and this time I left the squad to train with Jody Morris as I made my way in to the Begbies Paddington office. I arrived early as I wanted to catch up for coffee with a number of the staff. Vanessa made the trip in also to see her friends and the kids came with as well as everyone wanted to see them. Soon enough though it was time for business.

Steve came and placed a hand on my shoulder and said, “its time mate,” we walked down the hall to the meeting room where Mariana, Eugene and Bruce were already waiting. After exchanging pleasantries we got down to business. Steve spoke first, “There’s no way of sugar coating this. We unfortunately have fallen 40 million dollars short in our efforts to raise the desired 500 million by the end of this window for Roman. It should be noted that figure is reduced by the 50 million pounds in repayments already made on the additional 500 million loan so otherwise we would have reached it. The market wasn’t quite there for a number of players so we have taken the decision to hold them to retain the value in the asset Chelsea for perspective buyers and also to provide the freedom to leverage opportunities should they arise in the January window or even next season.”

View attachment 239731

Again it was Granovskaia who spoke for Roman. “That’s fine gentleman, we actually agree with the course of action you’ve taken and fortunately with this and our other sales we’ve been able to raise enough to meet the bail requirements for Roman. He is again a free man. He still need the additional funds to pay the fine levied on him by Putin but we are confident you will achieve them with time.” Buck spoke next, “besides, who wouldn’t want to buy Chelsea when boy wonder over here has got us playing so well!!” he grinned and gave me a jovial hug. Not going to lie – it was a bit weird.

“Ha,” I stammered out. “We’ve still got plenty of talent on the books thankfully. More than likely those assets will need to be sold in January to help us meet the repayments to Roman so we can expect things to get decidedly more difficult then. Thankfully though we look like we might be able to get out the relegation zone soon and push on before that happens. After January it will be a tough fight but I think we will have enough talent around even then to stay up.”

Steve got us back onto the financials. “The 40 million we missed out by has been added to the loan repayable to Roman so he will still get that extra, just over the next 18 months.” “That’s fine,” Mariana replied, “I actually spoke with Roman about what he would do if you can raise the funds without needing a sale – a scenario I still consider very far-fetched. He said he still wants to own Chelsea, you guys are doing a good job of proving to us that success is possible on a smaller budget. How we would go about working that all out given we are in administration is something we would have to work out at a later date.”

“The youth system is there now. That’s the difference.” I said, “Guys like Baker, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek and Ake have all played meaningful minutes this season. Kalas has just come back from loan and will be a big part of the 1st​team squad and we have players of the caliber of Christensen, Solanke, Brown and Boga still to come in. I actually expect before the season is out for all of them to being playing decent minutes.”

Steve looked over at me, “Spoken like a true manager,” he said with a smile. “Ok, so if there’s nothing else to discuss then that will be all for today. Bruce you’re back in tomorrow aren’t you?” “That’s correct,”Buck responded. “Good, Bob can give us the squad update then – oh that’s right I haven’t told you. Bob, you need to get a report on the remaining players ready today. We’re presenting to Buck tomorrow and then he and Mariana will be delivering the squad report to Mr Abramovich.”

With a smile I shook everyone’s hand and said, “well, I’d better get to work then”.

View attachment 238275
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL – Not for distribution

Squad Report – 2014/15
(as at 3 September 2014)

Prepared by Rob York – Manager, Bebgies-Traynor Group

Executive Summary

Chelsea FC have been besieged by financial troubles in recent times. As a result the club was placed in the hands of administrators Bebgies Traynor to engineer a sale. Part of the preparation process was arranging the sale of a significant number of first team regulars. This report outlines the remaining squad player’s positions, strengths and weaknesses using a combination of anecdotal and empirical data.

The Club in still in a competitive position thanks to its strengths in experience, leadership and physicality. As future sales occur this will diminish these strengths, however this may be offset by the players currently on loan returning.

Table of Contents

1.0 - Squad Personality Snapshot
1.1 -Personality Strengths & Culture
1.2 -Leadership
2.0 - 1stTeam
3.0 - Squad Technical Ability Snapshot
4.0 - Squad Mental Ability Snapshot
5.0 - Squad Physical Ability Snapshot
6.0 - Season To-Date Performances
7.0 - What It Means Moving Forward
8.0 - Summary
9.0 - Disclaimers

1.0 - Squad Personality Snapshot

Jody Morris, Rob York and Tore Andre Flo assigned a personality type to each player based on the following list of types observed in all players throughout our careers.

1. Model Citizen11. Driven21. Temperamental31. Fairly Loyal
2. Perfectionist12. Determined22. Unambitious32. Honest
3. Resolute13. Fairly Determined23. Easily Discouraged33. Sporting
4. Model Professional14. Charismatic Leader24. Low Determination34. Fairly Sporting
5. Professional15. Born Leader25. Spineless35. Unsporting
6. Fairly Professional16. Leader26. Low Self-Belief36. Realist
7. Spirited17. Iron Willed27. Jovial37. Balanced
8. Very Ambitious18. Resilient28. Light Hearted
9. Ambitious19. Slack29. Devoted/Very Loyal
10. Fairly Ambitious20. Casual30. Loyal

Across the squad the highest represented Personality types are:

Fairly Determined (4)
Willian, Felipe Luis, Loic Remy and Kurt Zouma

Fairly Professional (4)
Isiah Brown, Tomas Kalas, Alex Kiwomya and Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Balanced (4)
Jamal Blackman, Lewis Baker, Jay Dasilva and Nathan Ake

1.1 - Personality Strengths & Culture

Across the board the squad is considered to have a ‘Highly Professional’personality. This aligns with what has been observed above where the most highly represented groups come from the determined/professional categories.

The results bode well for the future also. Within the ‘Fairly Professional’ group there are 4 young players who look like they will form the nucleus of the first team squad for a significant time to come.
View attachment 238273
The only player who received a ‘negative’ type personality ranking was Charly Musonda. Considered ‘Jovial’ he will be partnered with some senior players in a mentoring relationship in an effort to show him what is required to make the grade at Premiership level.
View attachment 238272

1.2 - Guidance

The one area that this Chelsea squad is blessed with is veteran guidance. In addition to assigning the personality types above Players were also assigned a rating between 1 and 20 for a number of categories across areas covering the physical, mental and technical aspects of football.

The coaches are of the opinion that the ratings given for leadership and determination are the most applicable when considering the effect of the veteran guidance. The following players have be assigned ratings of greater than 15 for either Leadership or Guidance or both.

There are also young players who received reasonably high scores for leadership (12+) including Mitchell Beeney, Nathan Ake, Lewis Baker and Kasey Palmer who all, with the right guidance, could prove to fill the leadership gap as club stalwarts Terry, Drogba and Ivanovic leave.

2.0 – First Team

Below is the first choice team used over the first three matches of the 2014/15 season.

GoalkeeperPetr Cech

View attachment 238270
The evergreen Czech Republic international was retained due to a lack of experience behind him. Given he has retained a market value of 18.25 million pounds he will be one of many players who will likely be transfer listed in January.

Left BackFelipe Luis

View attachment 238269
Whilst the Brazilian left back has generally performed well his attitude at times has been disappointing. He is expected to be sold in the January window. Nathan Ake is the most likely candidate to replace him should that happen

Central Defender (Left)John Terry

View attachment 238268

Club captain Terry has agreed a reduced contract that will ensure he can see out his career with the club. Whilst he is here he will provide invaluable leadership to our younger players.

Central Defender (right)Kurt Zouma

View attachment 238267
Was not transfer listed during this window as, at the time, his value was less than 10 million pounds and wage below 40,000 per week. Given his increase in value will only likely continue though he will almost certainly find himself on the transfer list in one of the next two transfer windows. If Zouma is sold then Andreas Christensen or Tomas Kalas are the likely replacements.

Right BackBranislav Ivanovic

View attachment 238266
The Serb is an integral part of the first team squad and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

Defensive MidfieldJohn Obi Mikel

View attachment 238265
Mikel finds himself on the transfer list and we also expect that he will be sold prior to the end of the season. Should that happen then Ruben Loftus-Cheek will come into this position.

Central Midfield (left)Lewis Baker

View attachment 238264
The current England Under-19 captain is now an established first team player. It is expected that he will continue to improve and be an integral part of the team moving forward.

Central Midfield (right)Charly Musonda

View attachment 238262
Belgian starlet Musonda has been revelation this season. It was initially envisaged that he would split time with Jeremie Boga but due to his good performances he has started every match. Improvement has already been observed and is expected to continue.

Left WingerWillian

View attachment 238261

The Brazilian is one of our highest valued remaining resources. He will be sold before the season is finished. If he is, Jeremie Boga will come into the 1stteam.

Right WingerJuan Cuardrado

View attachment 238258
As above the Colombian is a high value asset who will be sold in one of the next two transfer windows. Either Alex Kiwomya or one of our young strikers who can also play wing in Brown or Solanke would come in if he is sold.

StrikerLoic Remy

View attachment 238257
The final player expected to be sold in one of the upcoming windows. The French striker would be replaced by Didier Drogba if that happens.

3.0 – Squad Technical Ability Snapshot

Players were put through a variety of skill drills and in game footage was reviewed to arrive at the rankings given to each player for the individual skill categories.

Goalkeepers
View attachment 238251
Whilst it is clear that Petr Cech has the best technical skills of all our Goalkeepers the drop off to Beeney and Blackman isn’t that far at all in terms of skill. It is in the other areas though that the other keepers need to improve.

Defenders
View attachment 238250
The above graph shows that, at a technical level, Felipe Luis is the best of our fullbacks. Ivanovic is the best when it comes to the ‘defensive’ technical stats of heading, marking and tackling. Nathan Ake is a clear 3rdchoice whilst 16 year old Jay Dasilva unsurprisingly has a lot of work to do in order to be considered Premiership quality.

View attachment 238249
Neither Kalas nor Christensen are considered accomplished headers of the ball at this stage of their career however both provide quality cover should either or Terry and Zouma but injured or sold.

Midfielders
View attachment 238248
Surprising outcome here as the central midfield group are quite similar in terms of technical skill. Obi Mikel is the outstanding player in terms of tackling,passing and marking however showing that when he leaves we will belacking in those areas.

View attachment 238246
With the Wingers there are 3 groups. Willian and Cuadrado are the 2 most technically gifted. Right behind them is Jeremie Boga and then there is Kiwomya and Palmer on a different level.

Forwards
View attachment 238245

Again two obvious groups here – Drogba and Remy are the two most technically gifted and then there is a drop off to Solanke and Brown. Thankfully it appears that only one of Drogba and Remy will be departing.

4.0 - Squad Mental Ability Snapshot

As mentioned above –mental attributes were arrived at following a subjective assessment by the coaching team.

Goalkeepers
View attachment 238241
The differences between the keepers are shown in full force here. Petr Cech, with his years of experience, shows that there would be significant drop off if/when he is sold.

Defenders
View attachment 238233
Again the discrepancy between the 1
stteam players and reserves is amplified with the fullbacks. Ake though is much closer to being at the level required than Dasilva.

View attachment 238239
With the central defensive group Terry is obviously the most mentally strong central defender. Kalas and Zouma are a rung below but both are at, or almost at, Premier League level. Christensen is still a few years away from being mentally at the level required.

Midfielders
View attachment 238235
Again with the Central Midfield group the veteran presence is obvious with Mikel’s mental stats being head and shoulders above the others. Colkett’s impressive determination though may see him turn out to be the best player in the group.

View attachment 238231
With the Wingers group again Boga holds his own and shows that he is a viable backup option to Cuadrado and Willian.

Strikers

View attachment 238230
Again nothing unexpected with the striking group. Drogba is the most mentally gifted of thegroup and then Remy. Solanke and Brown will battle it out to be the main back up when Remy moves on.

5.0 - Squad Physical Ability Snapshot

Physical attribute were arrived at by putting the players through a set of plyometric exercises and recording their results.

Goalkeepers
View attachment 238229
No surprises that Petr Cech is again the outstanding player here. Despite his advanced years the Czech number 1 ranked highest in all stats with the exception of pace and acceleration.

Defenders
View attachment 238228
Jay Dasilva at only 16 still has significant physical development before he is ready for first team football. Nathan Ake though is showing that, from a physicality standpoint, he is equipped to handle everything the Premiership can throw at him.

View attachment 238227
Surprisingly Kurt Zouma and Tomas Kalas dominated the physical testing for the central defenders. As Terry’s advancing years catch up with him he isstruggling more and more with the physical aspects of the game.

Midfielders
View attachment 238226
The outstanding Central Midfielder for physicality was John Obi Mikel. Ruben Loftus-Cheek though showed that he has the potential to match Mikel one day in terms of physicality.

View attachment 238225
All wingers displayed a similar attribute curve giving credence to the belief that, should both Willian and Cuardrado be sold, there is enough talent in the squad to cover them.

Strikers
View attachment 238224
Drogba and Remy represent the standouts physically for the Striking group. Both Brown and Solanke share similar physical attributes.

6.0 – Season to Date Performance Summary

Players have been awarded a rating based on the coaching staff’s game reviews and also Opta stat interrogation.

View attachment 238223
The best two players of the season so far are Willian and Juan Cuadrado. With 3 and 2 goals respectively from our 3 league game so far they are a large part of the reason Chelsea is almost already off the foot of the table. There have also been good performances so far from 19 year old Lewis Baker, who has rated out at an average of 7.53 over the past 3 games,and Musonda (7). Terry (6.73) and Mikel (6.6) have been our poorest performers however neither of those rankings are low enough to be concerned with.

7.0 - What it Means Moving Forward

In the past 2 months the Chelsea wage bill has been reduced from £2.38m per week to now sit at £1.14m per week saving the club 4 million pounds monthly to contribute to repayments. Should the club be successful in selling Cech, Mikel, Cuadrado, Willian, Luis and Remy in the January window as desired the wage bill would drop even further to sit at approximately £615,000 saving another 2 million pounds a month.

View attachment 238221
The intention of the management team between now and the opening of the January window is to obtain results sufficient to move Chelsea out of the relegation zone and far enough away from danger that the moves referred to above can be made without jeopardising the team’s premier league future.

As players such as Victor Moses, Marco Van Ginkel, Mohammed Salah, Patrick Bamford, Thorgan Hazard and Kenneth Omeruo among others return from their season-long loan spells the decision can then be made in next summer’s transfer window to retain their services or move them on to assist with covering the loan debt.

8.0 - Summary

Chelsea Football Club have made a fine start to season 2014/15 given the tumultuous financial circumstances the club finds itself it. The club can be expected to continue it’s current form until the Christmas break where is it hoped that the club will have moved firmly away from the relegation zone and into a position of relative safety.

In January there is expected to be another round of sales that will again significantly weaken the strength of the playing group. This is going to be done to raise further funds to put towards loan repayments and also reduce the wage bill allowing again for more capital to be freed up. It is expected that following this round of sales the clubs on field performances will diminish although not to the point where the club is in any danger of relegation.

In May 2015 there are 25 players coming back from loan. At that point, should a new owner still not have been found for Chelsea. Bebgies Traynor will perform another squad review and attempt to obtain value for the players not required.

9.0 Disclaimers

Begbies-Traynor Group and staff operating with Begbies-Traynor Group make reasonable efforts to ensure an accurate understanding of client requirements. The information in this report is based on that understanding and Begbies-Traynor Group strives to be accurate in its advice.

While reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of this report, this report and all information, assumptions, and recommendations herein are published, given, made, or expressed without any responsibility whatsoever on the part of Begbies-Traynor Group, whether arising by way of negligence, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.

No warranty or representation of accuracy or reliability in respect of the report is given by Begbies-Traynor Group or its directors, employees, servants,agents, consultants, successors in title and assigns.

This disclaimer shall apply to liability to any person whatsoever, irrespective of how such liability arises, whether by use of this report by that person or you or any other person or otherwise.

Begbies-Traynor Group is not responsible in any way whatsoever for the error neglect or default of others upon whom it has placed reliance in the preparation of this report.

You shall indemnify Begbies-Traynor Group and its directors, employees, servants, agents, consultants, successors in title and assigns against any claim made against any or all of them by third parties arising out of the disclosure of the report, whether directly or indirectly, to a third party.

Last edited:
The detail in that was amazing keep it up interested to see what happens next

That last post absolutely blew my mind! Awesome mate, no other words.....