Holy ****! That just absolutely blew my mind! The detail is just.....amazing!

Something tells me you are in your element in this save. Wow, just, WOW!

Did you study economics...............the depth of knowledge is just immense.

The thought process behind this and the detail is simply surreal. It couldn't have been much better in all honesty.

Did you study economics...............the depth of knowledge is just immense.

Haha - kind of, I have completed an undergraduate degree in Finance and am currently doing a Law degree whilst working in banking.

The thought process behind this and the detail is simply surreal. It couldn't have been much better in all honesty.

Cheers mate - I just hope people are enjoying it.

View attachment 227566

15 July 2015

Not bad

For our first Premiership game of the season we traveled to Sellhurst Park to take on Crystal Palace and “we never knew ye” former Chelsea man Marko Marin who we managed to offload after spending the entirety of last season on loan at Fiorentina. He’d had a good year to be fair but I felt a little bad to have gotten (stolen?) 9.75 mill from Palace for him until I reminded myself that they were consenting adults of (apparently) sound mind.

We were by far the better side here today, not saying that Palace weren’t without their chances, but after JT put us ahead in the 25th minute - bundling in from close range after a Van Ginkel shot was saved on the line - there was only really ever one winner.
View attachment 227565

Unfortunately though we couldn’t find a goal to make our day a little easier but we still ran out 1 nil victors. Good to start to the Premiership campaign and something to build on.
View attachment 227564

View attachment 227563

20 August 2015

Playoff

5 days later we faced Portuguese side Academica in London for the first leg of our final Europa League playoff. A win in this tie and we were through to the group stage. After a nervy first half where both teams were content to sit and probe without committing too much forward the second half exploded. First Terry got us on the board just before the hour mark with another close finish.
View attachment 227562

Shortly after, in the space of two minutes, we traded goals as first Pimpao equalized for Academica and then IZZY restored our lead.
View attachment 227561

View attachment 227560

A player who didn’t have the best of seasons out on loan last year but I think the world of then gave us a two goal lead. Nathaniel Chalobah figures to feature prominently for us this season rotating in with Loftus-Cheek in the defensive midfield role and if he can chime in with goals, as he did today converting a penalty kick we were awarded, then that will be even better.
View attachment 227559

With only minutes remaining on the clock it appeared we would run out comfortable 3-1 winners but we contrived to allow Academica to score a second away goal when Fabio Simplicio found a yard of space in the box. Very disappointing to concede so late what might be a critical goal in the tie.
View attachment 227558
View attachment 227557

View attachment 227556

23 August 2015

Is 2 in a row a streak?

Next up was our second premiership match of the season at home to Norwich. There wasn’t a whole lot to report on in this one as we were sooooooooo wasteful in front of goal it wasn’t even funny!!

Just as it seemed all hope was lost one of our smallest players Bertand Traore rose highest amongst a pack of players to head us a winner.
View attachment 227555

It would be enough for a solid, if late, one nil win giving us a full 6 from 6 points thus far this season.
View attachment 227554

Last edited:
View attachment 227553

27 August 2015

Don’t Worry… Be Happy…

So about those two away goals that had me concerned in the first leg – seems there really wasn’t much to be perturbed with. We smashed Academica today. Patty Bamford, fresh off his Middlesborough loan stint, has been sharing time with IZZY up front so far this season got the nod today and didn’t disappoint – stepping up to convert a penalty in only the 23rd minute to calm any nerves we had.
View attachment 227552

I think Academica had 3 touches max after the kickoff before Boga nipped in to give us a 2 goal lead less than a minute later.
View attachment 227551

2nd half was the Alex Kiwomya show as the flying winger scored in the 65th and 82nd minutes to round off a nice 4 nil win. Great performance.
View attachment 227550
View attachment 227549
View attachment 227548

Immediately following the match I found the nearest TV and sat down to watch the group stage draw. We ended up being drawn with Braga, Rayo and Ukrainian side Karpaty who, I must confess to knowing little about.
View attachment 227547

After the draw I my phone alerted me to an email from Steve. Unfortunately it appeared the Heffernan consortium’s bid wasn’t enough to convince Abramovic to sell up – must be trying to get it on the cheap.
View attachment 227546

Still a thoroughly enjoyable read and as mentioned on numerous occasions, The attention to detail is top drawer! Look forward to seeing how this season progresses!

View attachment 227545

30 August 2015

Reality Check

Next up in the league we faced Swansea out in Wales. Given our recent glut of fixtures we fielded a somewhat fatigued squad but that was no excuse for what passed here. Swansea battered us good and proper.

Peresic had himself a day, getting the first 2 goals to give Swansea a 2 nil lead at the 67 minute mark.
View attachment 227544

View attachment 227543

Michu then got in on the action a few minutes making the lead 3 before Terry picked up a 2nd yellow born of frustration and needlessly got himself sent off although really it didn’t change the complexion of this match any.
View attachment 227542

Peresic completed a day he will be telling his grandkids about in 40 years time when he finished off his hat trick from the spot.
View attachment 227541

And there was time still for Gomis to complete our misery when he scored their fifth in injury time with our defense all at sea…
View attachment 227540

Sometimes, in this business, you have to have a short memory so we might just mark this one down as an anomaly (hopefully!).
View attachment 227539

After the game I was approached by Daniele Bonera. With Kenneth Omerou returning from loan in the offseason he has found first team opportunities difficult to come by and requested a move. Given he was such a good servant in the short time he had with us I had no hesitation in doing what we could to engineer such a move and he will now be joining Blackburn in a deal that netted us 75,000 pounds. It sucks a bit as he played really well for us towards the end of last season and would have been handy to keep around but I can understand that, at the tail end of his career, he wants to play as much as possible.
View attachment 227538

One of the things Steve has said to me that has come up time and time again in his negotiations with potential buyers is the now lack of ‘bench strength’ in the team. Buyers are concerned that more sales might be needed and when that happens the quality won’t be there moving forward. As such I made a move for the future arranging a transfer for young Sergio Diaz to join us at the beginning of next season from Paraguayan outfit Cerro Porteno – after the debt is fully paid off. He will cost 650,000 pounds but at only 17 (18 when the transfer will occur) I feel he is definitely one for the future.
View attachment 227537

We also made another move for the now following our Swansea shellacking. Our front line is too tired at the moment and lacks a bit of experience. As such we have made a move to bring in former Chelsea favorite Eidur Gudjohnson on a free transfer. The Icelandic legend is now 36 but he possesses an ability to turn a match on it’s head with his skill and will also serve as an invaluable mentor to my younger brigade whilst serving as a rotation option to give them more rest.
View attachment 227536

View attachment 227263

13 September 2015

Night and Day

Before our next match with Newcastle we got word that Hendry Thomas has agreed terms with Basel after we accepted a 650k transfer offer for him. Unfortunately with the transfer window now shut we wont be seeing the money until January.
View attachment 227249

The biggest outgoing transfer this offseason was Lewis Baker. Despite his England cap the good play of Mario Pasalic and Marco Van Ginkel made him expendable - particularly with Tottenham offering what they did for him. Today though was all about Jeremie Boga.

Our French boy wonder was immense scoring our first two goals.
View attachment 227257
View attachment 227256
He then linked up with Bertrand Traore for Traore to score our 3rd goal before completing his hatrick in the 66th minute.
View attachment 227255
View attachment 227254

The only thing the stopped him from adding a four was the official scorer who decided to determine that our 5th goal was in fact an own goal from Krul but Boga was still in all the action setting up Traore for our 6th shortly after.
View attachment 227253
View attachment 227252
4 goals (in my eyes) and 2 assists for one of the best individual performances I've ever seen! Sissoko scored a late consolation for Newcastle but it was the only blip on an otherwise perfect day!
View attachment 227251
View attachment 227250

The next day after the match I popped into the office to see Steve and show him the Squad report I had finalised after the close of the transfer window before Mariana and Co arrived for our meeting. He was in a rush on the way out though as I arrived. "Sorry Bob," He said, "you'll have to deliver the report in person to the Chelsea Board yourself. I've just been called for a emergency meeting with the FA!"

"What for? I called out after him as he scurried in the direction of the Paddington tube station but I got no reply. he mustn't have heard me...

The suspense! What was Steve called in to the meeting for??

View attachment 226323

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL – Not for distribution

Squad Report – 2015/16

(as at 14 September 2015)

Prepared by Rob York – Manager, Bebgies-Traynor Group

Executive Summary

Chelsea FC are coming out of a period of unheralded financial upheaval. During this time the club has been in the hands of administrators Bebgies Traynor to raise whatever funds possible and to engineer a sale. Part of the preparation process was arranging the sale of a significant number of first team regulars. This report outlines the remaining squad player’s positions, strengths and weaknesses using a combination of anecdotal and empirical data.

This report aims to highlight the changes in playing personnel over the past 12 months and identify what it means for the Club moving forward.

Table of Contents

1.0 - Squad Personality Snapshot
1.1 -Personality Strengths & Culture
1.2 -Leadership
2.0 - First Team Profiles
3.0 - Squad Age Comparison
4.0 - Squad Market Value Comparison
5.0 - What It Means Moving Forward
6.0 - Summary
7.0 - Disclaimers

1.0 - Squad Personality Snapshot

As with last season, Jody Morris, Rob York and Tore Andre Flo assigned a personality type to each player based on the observations of the players in training, games and how they react to other situations.

Across the squad the highest represented Personality types are:

Resolute (6.)
Matej Delac, Mario Pasalic, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Alex Kiwomya, Isiah Brown and Marco Van Ginkel

Fairly Professional (3)
Tomas Kalas, Kenneth Omerou and Jamal Blackman

Ambitious (3)
Jeremie Boga, Nathan Ake and Christian Atsu

Fairly Ambitious (3)
Betrand Traore, Andreas Christensen and Oriol Romeu

1.1 - Personality Strengths & Culture

Across the board the squad personality is now considered ‘Very Determined’. This is a slight change from last season when the squad was considered 'Highly Professional'.

As will be shown later considering the youth in the squad this is very positive. A young team with such a highly determined mindset is good for the future.

As noted last season Charly Musonda received a ‘negative’ type personality ranking. Considered ‘Jovial’ he was partnered with some senior players in a mentoring relationship in an effort to show him what is required to make the grade at Premiership level. The tactic has been successful and he is now considered 'Resilient'. There are now no players with negative type personalities.

1.2 - Guidance

This Chelsea squad remains blessed with veteran guidance. In addition to assigning the personality types above Players were also assigned a rating between 1 and 20 for a number of categories across areas covering the physical, mental and technical aspects of football.

The coaches are of the opinion that the ratings given for leadership and determination are the most applicable when considering the effect of the veteran guidance. The following players have be assigned ratings of greater than 15 for either Leadership or Guidance or both.
View attachment 226322

Impressively the list is twice as long in comparison to last year's report. There are also young players who received reasonably high scores for leadership (12+) who don't feature on the list including Nathan Ake, Nathaniel Chalobah and Oriol Romeu who all, with the right guidance, could prove to fill the leadership gap as club stalwarts Terry and Drogba leave.

2.0 – First Team Profiles

Below is the first choice team used over the matches so far in the 2015/16 season. This season, in an effort to show to fruits of Mr Abramovic's decision to invest in youth, we've given some background on the squad.

GoalkeeperMatej Delac

The 23 year old Croatian with one cap to his name joined Chelsea in 09/10 season for 2.7 million pounds from Inter Zapresic. He has been out on loan to 7 different clubs since most recently at AC Arles-Avignon in the French Ligue 2 where he made 36 appearances last season.
View attachment 226321

Right BackWallace

Joined from Fluminense in 2013 for 4 million. Spent a season on loan at Inter but never got going and then spent last season at Vitesse making 25 appearances and at only 21 still has significant development ahead of him.
View attachment 226320

Central Defender (Right)Tomas Kalas

It is easy to forget that Kalas in only 22 years old with the time he has spent around the Club. With 7 caps under his belt he has already gone a long way to justifying the 5.25 million pounds Chelsea spent on him when they brought him over from Sigma Olomouc in 2010/11. Made 22 appearances for the Chelsea 1st team last season and figures to feature even more this term.
View attachment 226319

Central Defender (Left) Kenneth Omerou

The fee Chelsea paid to lure the young Nigerian over from Standard Liege in 2011/12 has never been disclosed publicly but as this is a confidential report when can state it was 2.5 million. At only 21 years old now he also has significant development in his future.
View attachment 226318

Left BackChristian Cuevas

Chelsea paid a paltry 1.6million for the services of Cuevas from Ol'Higgins in the Chilean first division in 2013. He spent last season back in Chile at Universidad de Chile playing 26 times. Still only 20 so plenty of growth in store.
View attachment 226317

Defensive Midfield Nathaniel Chalobah

With Chelsea since the age of 10. Played 40 times for Reading last season when he was only 19. At only 20 years old now we are looking at someone who is potentially a future club captain.
View attachment 226316

Central Midfield (left)Mario Pasalic

The man who made Lewis Baker expendable. The 20 year old joined form Hadjuk Split in 2013 and spent last season making 25 La Liga appearances for Elche and looks ready for the Premiership.
View attachment 226315

Central Midfield (right) Marco Van Ginkel

Dutch International Van Ginkel joined in 2013 from Vitesse for only 3.9 million pounds. Spent last season at AC Milan however he didn't feature much due to injury. At 22 still has plenty time to overcome those issues.
View attachment 226314

Left WingerJeremie Boga

Another Academy product who has been with the Club since the age of 12. Had a huge season for the 1st team last year when he made 25 appearances. Doesn't turn 19 until January.
View attachment 226313

Right WingerBetrand Traore

Started with the Club in 2010 but troubles with work permits has meant that he never singed professional terms until 2013 and then spent 2 seasons on loan at Chelsea B (Vitesse). Has huge potential and, despite being only 20, with 21 Burkina Faso caps to his name work permits problems are certainly a thing of the past.
View attachment 226312

StrikerPatrick Bamford

Joined as an 18 year old from Nottingham Forest. Has been out on loan since, most successfully at Derby and then last season with Middlesbrough. Now 22 he looks ready to shoulder the load up front.
View attachment 226311

3.0 – Squad Age Comparison

In order to further highlight the change in squad composition we have graphed the age for each position's starting player as at May 2014, September 2014 and now.

View attachment 226310
View attachment 226308

4.0 - Squad Market Value Comparison

As above – we have depicted the change in squad composition in terms of Market Value below. Market Value (MV) is shown in £,000,000’s.

View attachment 226304
View attachment 226303

5.0 - What it Means Moving Forward

In the past season the Chelsea first team has undergone a complete makeover whilst maintaining an acceptable level of results. The squad, with 2 wins and a loss from it’s first 3 league games of the season, are well positioned for the expected mid top half finish.

Over the past season the squad’s average age has dropped from 26.91 to 20.73 years old. Despite losing all that experience it now means the squad is well positioned to consolidate and keep this group together for a number of years and build from within.

Expectations should be tempered though as our player talent level has dropped. This is best exemplified when comparing the average market value of the squad. Although this is affected by things other than pure talent with age, for example, taken into account it represents a way of assessing what the perception of our squad is to those external to the club. With a drop from £21.03M (pre-administration) to £6.58M now it is clear we aren’t considered to be nearly as strong. With a decent to strong season this year though that average market value for the squad is expected to increase.

6.0 - Summary

Chelsea Football Club finds itself in a position where the possibility of emerging from Administration is now very real. Assuming the playing squad can be kept together there remains the nucleus of a side that can compete, and win, at the highest level for years to come. .

In January 2016 the loan to Mr Abramovic will be paid off in full and the club can reassess it’s intentions at that point. .

7.0 – Disclaimers

Begbies-Traynor Group and staff operating with Begbies-Traynor Group make reasonable efforts to ensure an accurate understanding of client requirements. The information in this report is based on that understanding and Begbies-Traynor Group strives to be accurate in its advice.

While reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of this report, this report and all information, assumptions, and recommendations herein are published, given, made, or expressed without any responsibility whatsoever on the part of Begbies-Traynor Group, whether arising by way of negligence, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.

No warranty or representation of accuracy or reliability in respect of the report is given by Begbies-Traynor Group or its directors, employees, servants,agents, consultants, successors in title and assigns.

This disclaimer shall apply to liability to any person whatsoever, irrespective of how such liability arises, whether by use of this report by that person or you or any other person or otherwise.

Begbies-Traynor Group is not responsible in any way whatsoever for the error neglect or default of others upon whom it has placed reliance in the preparation of this report.

You shall indemnify Begbies-Traynor Group and its directors, employees, servants, agents, consultants, successors in title and assigns against any claim made against any or all of them by third parties arising out of the disclosure of the report, whether directly or indirectly, to a third party.

View attachment 226302

Last edited:
View attachment 226289

17 September 2015

Bollocks

"Mate, how'd it all go with the FA?", I'd called Steve immediately after presenting the report to the Chelsea board. "Not good," came the reply down the line, "they are saying that due to the failed sale to Heffernan consortium that they consider us to have left, and now re-entered, administration. They will be applying another points deduction."

"You're ******** me!" I exclaimed, "Thats unprecedented!! How many points are we talking?" "All nine, we're back to the foot of the table..." Steve said resignedly. "I fought them as much as I could mate. The FA just makes up the rules as they go though..."

View attachment 226288

View attachment 226287
"Don't stress yourself over this Rob." Steve said, "this is my battle, you just keep doing what you are doing with the guys on the pitch. Thats what's created the interest in the first place." "No worries boss, will do!" I said, 'Sorry Karpaty but you are going to cop it' I thought to myself as I turned my attention to our first Europe League match on the horizon.

And so it turned out to be true. Karpaty were no match for us as we ran out easy 4-1 winners with a rotated squad. Atsu, deputising for Boga out on the left wing, had a game to remember bagging himself a hattrick.
View attachment 226286

Bit of background here. As you all know I've been playing the game without actually, in game, having Chelsea in Administration. Finally though they have now in-game entered administration and as I manually added the points deduction in the pre-game editor for last season they weren't recognised.

View attachment 226284
View attachment 226285

I had a look around with the editor and can't see anywhere to change it but to be honest I'm ok with this although I've had to tweak the story a bit to account for the deduction. It should help with the club being sold in-game and its come at a pretty perfect time. I've just come out of the Summer transfer window and there is plenty of time until the next window so I shouldn't (hopefully) lose any players.

Last edited:
View attachment 226055

20 September 2015

Sucker-punched

I had some media commitments during the week and let me tell you it was tough, real tough, to bit my tongue and not let loose on the FA. How is it within their remit now to determine that the offer from the Heffernan consortium ‘should have been accepted’ and was ‘above market value’? They haven’t the first clue of our balance sheet…

I felt an even stronger resolve now to take this team back up the table and overcome the injustices levied upon us by the Greg **** and his cronies. First up was the visit of cross town rivals Tottenham to the bridge. We started horribly, as it seemed the media scrutiny that had been even more intense than usual was getting to us, with Eriksen and Kane putting the visitors 2 ahead after only 17 minutes.
View attachment 226054

View attachment 226053

If I am being absolutely frank about the quality in my squad I actually think Tottenham have, overall, a better side then we do right now. What they don’t have is Jeremie Boga. Our talismanic Frenchman scored two goals to put us back on level terms after 75 minutes - the second a sumptuous curling effort, was a delight to watch.
View attachment 226052

View attachment 226051

Despite us now being the dominant side though that is how the game would end. The pragmatist in me says a draw isn’t that bad a result, emotionally though, geez I wanted to win that game to stick it to the FA!!!
View attachment 226050

View attachment 226049

23 September 2015

I know I should care…

But I don’t. Today we faced QPR in the League cup. I played the backups and we went down 2-1 to a hardworking QPR who simply wanted it more than we did. Can’t argue with that, they always seem to make more of this rivalry than we do. Chief Chelsea destroyer Charlie Austin was at it again today with 2 goals. Kiwomya continued his decent form with our late consolation goal.
View attachment 226048

View attachment 226047

View attachment 226046

I was though pretty pleased with our performance. Despite playing our 2nd 11 against a full strength QPR side we dominated both chances created and possession. Unfortunately they had Austin and we didn’t though.
View attachment 226045