Out of the Shadows - A Leeds United Dream

danjames101

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to my new FM18 Story - "Out of the Shadows - A Leeds United Dream"

Following on from my Partizan save (that died very prematurely) I decided to write another story on here. Having recently enjoyed the story of Linecoigne1998's Aston Villa story (check it out if you haven't already!!) I was inspired to take on a championship club. One name jumped out at me straightaway...Leeds United.

Growing up, Leeds were a huge side! I'm too young to remember the great sides of the 70's, and even early 90's as Cantona won the old first division with them, but the team of the early 2000's i remember fondly! O'Leary had created a young and exciting squad who many thought could have won the league should they have stayed together longer. They even reached the semi final of the champions league! Right now, that is my ultimate long term aim...to go one better and take Leeds to their first ever UCL final.

View attachment 46962

Here I am then....Let's get this show on the road.

View attachment 46961
My first job as manager was to sort out my backroom staff. Jamie Clapham was the existing assistant, following the departure of Paul Heckingbottom, who had brought him here after their time at Barnsley together. I had my own ideas.

View attachment 46960
Cuberras had a similar philosophy to me on football, and has had some great experience in South America and a brief spell in La Liga as assistant at Alaves.

Next on the agenda was bringing in a Head Of Youth Development, someone who would develop a modern kind of player and mould them for the first team.

View attachment 46959
Pedro has all the skills and attributes you could need from your Head of Youth Development. Having spent over 5 years at Granada, he's used to working at the top level, and hope his increased knowledge of European markets can serve us well.

TRANSFERS

Budget wise we only had just over 2mil in our transfer Budget. This wasn't really enough considering the kind of figures that are paid in the Championship these days. Without having the biggest squad, it's not like we could sell 5/6 players and have a large kitty, we'd have to be shrewd in the market for players. It wasn't long before the first player was through the door.

View attachment 46958
Emerson Hyndman joined on loan for the season from Bournemouth. A talented and technically gifted CM, Emerson brings that bit of guile and class we desperately needed in centre midfield. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

View attachment 46957
Next through the door was a name fmailiar to most avid FM players in the last few years. Kristoffer Ajer joined on loan from celtic for the season. I couldn't believe when Brendan accepted an optional future fee clause of £4.6mil as part of the deal. If Ajer impresses, we may have a chance to snap up a real prospect going forward.

View attachment 46956
next through the door was a player i was surprised to be able to get on loan, Aden Flint. FLint was on the transfer list at Bristol City, and when they accepted the loan with an optional £2.5mil future fee attached, i was delighted. He'll provide good competition to Jansson and Ajer at CB. 3 great loan signings for this level i'm sure you'll agree!

View attachment 46955
The bookies had us down for a 6th placed finish!! yikes, no pressure then! There's some really good sides in the championship and with larger budgets, especially when you consider the quality of squad teams like Wolves and Villa have. Never shy away from a challenge though!

View attachment 46954View attachment 46953
Above are the rest of the media's predicitions for Top Goalscorer and Top Young Player. Nice to see ZERO Leeds players on the lists.

Having worked for a couple of weeks on the training ground with this lot, i was encouraged by the attitude of the players. They have been prepared to listen and take new direction on board, and havent moaned at having to learn new set piece routines and formations. That's what pre-season is for right? However i had noticed we were short at right back. Well short of a wing back really. Berrardi is decent, but very defensive. Ayling is more attacking just techincally not great and the most mobile. Having discussed this with the backroom staff we decided to sign the following player.

View attachment 46949
Steven was perfect for what we needed him for. Fairly quick, good engine, can get forward when the opportunity presents itself and can also do the basics....like defending?! Look forward to seeing how he copes with the league.

With the first game approaching I decided to call the captain Liam Cooper into my office. Liam was a true professional when i told him i'd be removing him as captain. He agreed there were some better options and promised to get behind the new skipper.

View attachment 46948
There was only 1 man for the job. Big Pontus!!

One more signing to quickly announce, but this lad will be a squad player. Mendes has good technical ability and can provide adequate backup for some of the creative lads like Hernandez, Saiz and Alioski.

View attachment 46947
Join me next time as we kick off the season!!

Good luck mate, Leeds always make up for an interesting save! will be following (oh and thanks for the little plug at the beginning hahaha)

View attachment 46891

Before we kick-off against Bolton in our Championship opener, here are our results from pre-season friendlies. They were managed by assistant who tried a variety of our intended tactics.

View attachment 46890

Now onto the important stuff. My first league game as manager of Leeds against Bolton. Bolton recently got promoted from league one and we really should be beating these guys. I played with a 4231 wide formation.

View attachment 46902

Delighted that Ajer scored on his debut, along with Alioski. Can't believe how we switched off though and allowed a poor side back into the game. 2-2.

Next up we had a league cup game against lower league opposition in Bury. After a poor showing against Bolton, I decided to keep a strong line up, and hopefully get some confidence back amongst the group.

View attachment 46901

Glad to progress!
Next up we welcomed a tough opponent in Preston to Elland Road.

View attachment 46900

Samu Saiz was exceptional in this game and is a real star in this division. I hope with Hernandez and Alioski he can be the driving force in our attempts to finish as high as possible. He'd need to be on good form if we were to get anything out of our next opponents, the much fancied Fulham.

View attachment 46899
Wow what a victory this was, especially after we found ourselves a goal down so early from Mitrovic's opener. Not only did the team show character in overturning a deficit, but also had the concentration to see the game out. Unbeaten in our opening 3 games, and through to the next round of the cup is a positive start.

View attachment 46898

Oh ffs. A tough result to take considering the game was very even. We're a better side than what we showed today thats for sure. The hard work starts now after this wake up call.

A Yorkshire derby in the 2nd round of the league cup was next, as i took a much changed side to Rotherham.

View attachment 46897

having rested many key players and the score sitting at 2-2, i knew it was time to gamble. I threw on Alioski and that decision paid dividends as he bagged a 90th minute winner to avoid an embarrassing exit. Maybe the reserves aren't quite up to it. still through to the 3rd round to face.

View attachment 46896

Great.

Back to league action today as we travelled to another of the divisions sleeping giants, Nottm Forest.

View attachment 46895

After big Lasogga gave us the early advantage we were on level terms on the hour following a rare lapse in concentration from Pontus, who allowed Brereton to level the scores. The lads responded well though as Saiz nicked the winner in the 70th minute. Alioski was impressive again today.

Deadline Day was here. Depsite trying to get rid of numerous players - Dallas and Ayling in particularly, and failing, we hadn't any money to spend. However i couldn't believe our luck when the chairman confirmed we'd managed to get this lad for the rest of the season on loan.

View attachment 46894

Bags of potential, will learn and hopefully excel in the Championship. No future fee involved here which is a shame, but to be expected for a player who could cost 10s and 10's of millions.

View attachment 46893
View attachment 46892

So the end of August. Pleased with most of the month, but it's going to be a tough ol season. The championship is one of those divisions where anyone can beat anyone, and we're going to need to be at our best to compete at the top of the league.

Last edited:
Look forward to following this. Currently a season and a half into my own save with Leeds

September Shambles

View attachment 46782

Welcome back to Elland Road. After a fairly productive August, I'm keen to see how the players push on this month as we attempt to create a solid platform to build on for the rest of the month. Before we get to September's games a quick look at our financials.

View attachment 46781

Whilst our balance is fairly healthy, we lost 2million last month alone. Too many players who won't be regular's are not wishing to move on or an appropriate deal couldn't be reached for them. Until these players leave, we'll be hemorrhaging cash.

View attachment 46780

Here's how the lads have performed so far. No surprise to see my 3 creative players Saiz, Alioski and Hernandez performing so well.

Another nice bit of news to start the month off, 2 of our young players made their international debuts. I half expected it off Ajer, but Roberts was definitely a surprise. I'd be surprised if he made more than a few fleeting appearances this season for us.
View attachment 46779

View attachment 46778

Back to league business today, and hopefully the continuation of our good form. First up was the visit of Burton to Elland Road.
View attachment 46777

The scoreline actually slighted flattered us. The stats show this definitely wasn't a 3-0 game, and we looked susceptible to the counter attack. A wins a win though!

Next up we had another home game, this time against Birmingham.
View attachment 46776

The lads really didn't turn up today. We created virtually nothing, and committed so many silly fouls. We're going to have to be better in the upcoming fixtures, as next up we travel to the infamous Den, home of Millwall.

View attachment 46775
Another hugely frustrating result. We battled hard and created far more chances than we did against Birmingham. Having battled to lead 1-0, then 2-1 we thought the game was done and got sucker punched by Ex Leeds player, Tom Elliot. Elliot has been on fire so far this season, but Pontus should have the ability to cope with this type of calibre player.

Following 3 poor league performances and 2 disappointing results, cup football would usually give a squad the chance to express themselves and forget about the day-to-day struggles the championship throws up. However with a trip to the Etihad to look forward to, i'm not sure this was the case.

View attachment 46774
To be honest I'm actually fairly proud of the players despite a 2-0 defeat. They have unbelievable quality in their ranks, but despite this, we competed well and limited them to a couple of chances. We were never going to win the cup, but possibly we are stronger for a result like this.

Back to league action today and we need to try and rectify a run of 3 games without a win. It's still early days in the season, but with our lofty ambitions, we couldn't let the leading pack get too far away from us.

View attachment 46773
Phew! We desperately needed that! back to 4th. Good timing as next we were facing our high flying yorkshire neighbours Sheff Wed, at Hillsborough.

View attachment 46772

Argh! Just when i thought we'd turned the corner. We started the second half well, taking the lead through the ever more important Alioski. That precious lead lasted less than a minute though. CONCENTRATION LADS!! However no complaints about the winning goal from then, a short corner played to Bruno Gama on the edge of the box who rifled one in top left corner. Hate to see my teams concede but was begrudginly impressed with that.

So at the end of a frustrating month, we sit in mid-table obscurity. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves. The league is still tight, and it's early days, but something needs to change fast, or I may well go through the p45 ritual so many of my predecessors had gone through.

I spoke to Pontus and expressed some of my concerns. Pontus accepted the players shouldered some of the blame for this, but also asked me "what have you done to change our fortunes" At first I was taken aback, but then second guessed myself. Maybe he's right, was it the formation? the players i trusted? The meeting finished amicably and I set about trying to rectify these issues before our next games.

View attachment 46771
View attachment 46770
2 of the players who inflicted damage on me take 1st and 3rd in September's player of the month award. Nice to see Saiz in at 2. A rare shining light from a **** poor month.

Whilst our balance is fairly healthy, we lost 2million last month alone. Too many players who won't be regular's are not wishing to move on or an appropriate deal couldn't be reached for them. Until these players leave, we'll be hemorrhaging cash.
Not that bad a start mate, considering Leeds' squad! I know what you mean about the finances btw, horrible lol... once you get in the Prem though it all becomes a lot easier XD

Not that bad a start mate, considering Leeds' squad! I know what you mean about the finances btw, horrible lol... once you get in the Prem though it all becomes a lot easier XD

Finances are a killer! Could easily spend 15-20m to just make the squad competitive against teams like Wolves etc. It's still tight on points though, but it's slightly discouraging currently sat 10th. At this rate, if the lads don't buck their idea's up the prem will be nothing more than a distant dream. We've got some very good players for this level though, so could turn it all around.

View attachment 46750

Welcome back to the next installment of my Leeds United save.

With internationals at the start of the month, we didn't have a great deal of fixtures upcoming. I tweaked the formation slightly from a 4231 wide, to a 4,1DM,2CM,2 wide men and a lone striker. Hyndman and Ronaldo Viera were sometimes overran during previous games in CM, especially if the opposition plays with an AMC.

This new tactic had it's first airing against Reading
View attachment 46749

For some reason I didn't save the screenshot of the inbox message, but have gone back and pulled up the match report. A draw is better than a loss, but we've really got to pull our finger out! Racing into such a quick lead, I genuinely thought I'd found the perfect tactic for this group. Again we couldn't hold on though. Was it tiredness toward the ends of games? Or simply having inadequate concentration spans.

View attachment 46748
Now, that's much more like it! So much better boys! A solid victory, and a clean sheet to boot. Nice to see Saiz produce another stellar performance and Lasogga grabbing a brace. The MOTM was actually De Bock, who i'm delighted for. I didn't trust him fully at the start of the season when he returned from a minor injury, but since I dropped Vurnon Anita, De Bock has really made the LB position his own.

View attachment 46747

After an early scare, it was great to record back to back wins for the first time in a while! Even sweeter against one of our Yorkshire rivals. The boys would need to keep this momentum going if we were to contiue our recent good form against one of our competiton to escape this hellish league, Derby.

View attachment 46746
We couldn't make it 3 out of 3, but 4 games unbeaten in the league is a decent return for the month and hopefully has steadied the ship.

View attachment 46745
Up to 8th, and 3 points behind 3rd placed Cardiff. Things are looking up at Elland Road. Even sweeter when the impressive Saiz was given his October POTM award, following finishing runner up during September.

View attachment 46744
View attachment 46743
It's not the award i wanted but always nice to receive some form of recognition.

As it was a short month, I've decided to throw in November's update in too. You lucky sods ;)

November

The month started with a tricky away fixture against Brentford, a side who can cause anyone problems on their day.

View attachment 46742

Whisper it quietly, but we may have actually turned a corner at last! Who cares we went 1-0 down? Who cares we won it after 2 late goals. We'd need all the luck we could get, especially as our next fixtures are home to Middlesbrough, then away at Wolves.

One major disappointment though -
View attachment 46741
View attachment 46740
Probably a fair result in the end, Downing was superb for them! Alioski popping up with yet another vital late strike. He's a frustrating player for a manager, one week brilliant, the next he hardly shows up. The boy has real talent though. Reminds me a bit of Taarabt...except the lazy and fat part.

View attachment 46739

Nice to read in my inbox this morning. Least i'm doing something right ey ;)

Big game up next as we travel to Wolves. Wolves play a 343 tactic, and that's a different problem for our lads.

View attachment 46738

If you can't beat them join them. I decided to match them up like for like. You can see from the match report, we competed well, and I'm happy to come away with a point.

View attachment 46737

View attachment 46736

Finally one of my transfer listed players has agreed a move away from the club. Originally valued at 4.5m, lack of game time has really affected O'Kanes value, and we secure a measly 1.5mil for him. Perhaps i should have given him more of a chance but I feel the combination of Ronaldo Vieira and Hyndman to be one capable of performing best in the way I want to approach the game. Many thought Vieira would be a bit part player for us, but he's proven his worth and is now an important first team starter.

View attachment 46734

This just about sums up how our season has been going so far. Inconsistency rears it's ugly head once more. How can we match the best side in the league one week, and then lose to one of poorest the week after. Another Yorkshire derby defeat too. Lets hope it's nothing more of a blip, as we're still within touching distance of the promotion and playoff places.

View attachment 46733

cheers buddy. How you getting on in yours?

Yeah its going well. Into Feb of the second season now, currently 6th in the premiership after winning the championship in the first season. Been some big changes to my squad with a lot of the league winning players leaving as the money was too good to turn down

Yeah its going well. Into Feb of the second season now, currently 6th in the premiership after winning the championship in the first season. Been some big changes to my squad with a lot of the league winning players leaving as the money was too good to turn down

Fairplay! Hopefully i'll stamp out the inconsistency and get this team into the prem too. New post will be up tonight

Looking forward to see how this goes, gonna have to push hard to get these boys finally out the championship!

Welcome back to my Leeds United save.

December

Started off with some good news, and a sign the club were beginning to trust me more.
View attachment 46440
View attachment 46439

Following our surprise loss away at Barnsley, we sat 8th in the league. Not a bad position, but certainly plenty room for improvement. We'd have to be at our best if we were to get anything out of our opponents this month. I decided to tweak the formation once more. 4231 with 3 AMC's with the full backs providing the width. Let's see how we got on.

View attachment 46438
Great win for the lads. Lasogga has been in and out the side but has always chipped in with important goals, although not prolific. Young striker Jay-Roy Grot scoring was a nice moment too.

View attachment 46437
Drawn away to Forest in the cup. Not an easy game but definitely winnable, we've beat them there once already but cup football is unpredictable at the best of times.

View attachment 46436
This is more like it lads! Dominant performance away at Loftus road, and another clean sheet.

View attachment 46435
Where has this side been all season, 3 wins on the spin and confidence is high. Long may it continue.

View attachment 46434
Every little helps, especially at this level

View attachment 46433
Local derby against a good Hull side. Hyndman absolutely ran the show here, as we peppered the Hull goal all game.

View attachment 46432
We got away with this one. Sloppy defensively which hasn't been the case for a while. Still sign of a good sign is to win when you don't play well, and maybe that was the case today.

I think other clubs were starting to take note of this Leeds side. Well some chairmen were at least...
View attachment 46431

Tempting club, but there's no way I'm leaving here at the moment, i've still a big job to do here!!

View attachment 46430
This was a financial decision tbh. Pablo's contract was expiring in the summer and with him slightly on the decline, and wanting a 10k raise in wages to 28k, i decided to cash in now. Was one of our top performers this season and his set pieces will be missed.

Final game of the month...could we make it a perfect month? Also nice to have an opportunity to avenge the loss to Birmingham earlier in the season.

View attachment 46429
FFS Birmingham are really our bogey team. However this is a decent Birmingham side, and they I'd begrudgingly say they deserved the points. Don't start being inconsistent again now boys for gods sake.

So another jam packed month, with 5 wins out 6 we have to be pleased. That defeat rankles me hugely though.

View attachment 46428View attachment 46427
View attachment 46426

Testament to how the lads have played this month as Leeds players feature in the monthly awards...their manager's done well recently too ;) (bout time haha)

View attachment 46425

Things are looking rosier.

Great progress there mate, would be amazing if you made it to the Prem in your first season! good luck :)

Great progress there mate, would be amazing if you made it to the Prem in your first season! good luck :)

Cheers mate, yeah can't complain too much about the month! That birmingham defeat is so annoying! Long way to go yet, but we've given ourselves a decent platform for the rest of the season. Who knows which leeds side will turn up for the rest of season, hopefully the one we saw in december!

January

View attachment 46381

Welcome back to my Leeds United save. We endured a successful December following a season of ups and downs so far. With plenty of football left to be played I'm hoping we can push on from here on in.

Firstly as mentioned in the previous with the January window now open, Eunan O Kane has now left to join Wolves.

We were also able to sell the unwanted Stuart Dallas. Dallas was only ever a back up option for the squad, and now we're not playing with any wingers, he doesn't fit in to my plans.

View attachment 46379

First game of the month saw us host Forest.

View attachment 46378

A strong and solid performance from the boys. Forest have struggled so far this season and we've now made it 2 wins from 2 against them this season. We have them in the cup next, so i'll be expecting a hat-trick of wins against them.

View attachment 46377

Can we play these very week?

Following the sale of Hernandez and Dallas we needed someone who can fit into the system we play, whilst being versatile enough to play in a variety of positions should our formation need to change. Ager was on the transfer list at Ath. Bilbao and has the ability to be effective for us. He takes a good free-kick too. A snip at £425K.

View attachment 46376

This lad has been unlucky to not feature more, physically he's a beast with pace to burn. Just lacks the techincal ability to play in the possession hungry style i demand. Loaned to Sheff Utd.

View attachment 46375

View attachment 46374

Another fairly kind cup draw against another Championship side, this time at Elland Road.

View attachment 46373

2 things that are gaurentueed to make me happy are 3 points and a clean sheet. We were hardly impressive, but new man Aketxe scoring the winner was pleasing.

View attachment 46372

Aketxe was given his debut as a substitute for the injured Saiz. thankfully it's an injury that will take days rather than months until my key man returns.

View attachment 46371View attachment 46370

View attachment 46369

Three more player out the door. Ayling wasn't getting the first team minutes he expected due to the signing and fantastic performances of Moreira at RB. Hopefully he impresses and they activate his future fee. Cibicki was way down the pecking order and had only featured once in my time here. Grot is a player who with mor experience could eventually become a first team player here. Hopefully he'll continue to develop in Holland and return a better player for it.

View attachment 46368

With Ayling gone, and squad numbers declining, when i saw Mason was available for loan I jumped at the chance. Not onmly is he another option at RB, but he's a decent CB too, especially in the Championship.

Back to league action today as we faced Millwall, who proved to be tough opponents earlier on in the season.

View attachment 46367

This could have been so many more. 30 attempts on goal and 65% possession indicates how dominant we were.

View attachment 46366

Another player who was rotting on the bench has gone out on loan. Anita started the season as my 1st choice LB, after seeing Vieira become our 1st choice holding midfielder. When De Bock came back into the fold, Anita has hardly played since. Hopefully like Ayling they'll exercise the future fee clause should he impress.

Next up we travelled away to Yorkshire and promotion rivals Hull City, who were bound to want to take revenge for the 4-0 thumping we gave them at Elland Road.

View attachment 46365

What an absolute shambles. A defense which has been so solid recently just collapsed in this game and it became embarrassing. The lowest day of my Leeds career so far. Luckily we had a break from league action next, with a winnable tie in the FA Cup against Bristol City.

View attachment 46364

This performance was the least our fans and staff deserved following last weeks debacle. Through to the 5th round of the FA cup and back to winning ways.

View attachment 46363

More job speculation but this time I'm linked with a Premier League side. Although again this is very tempting, I decide against pursuing this opportunity to continue with Leeds. Nice to be in the reckoning for bigger jobs though.

View attachment 46362

Tough away draw against Newcastle, where we'll definetly be the underdogs, but this is the magic of the FA Cup so you never know. If nothing else, it'll be a good day out for the fans.

Deadline Day

View attachment 46361

Another player who's just been rotting on the bench/in the u23's. Im not sure he has the ability to be a long term option for us, but he's more chnace of convinving me of that by playing regularly elsewhere.

And then the big one. Following a plethora of departures and only Aketxe coming in, we needed a more permanent solution to replace Pablo.

He looks like a star in this division. Hopefully he settles in well, as in addition to Saiz, Alioski and Cutrone, we've some real firepower up top.

View attachment 46358

Another bit of Premier League interest. Nice ego boost, but until we get to the promised land of the prem, I won't even entertain leaving.

So the end of a busy January. Here's the headlines form the window.

View attachment 46357

Great story. I also start with Leeds 2 weeks ago, now Iam in 3rd season and play Euro Cup, in first season i loan Mayoral from R. Madrid, i bought Dario Maresic(SK Sturm Gratz) great defender and future prospect, John McGinn(Hibernian) top box to box midfilder, Graeme Shinnie(Aberdeen) good left back and very safty. In January I loanded M.Antonio from West Ham and start giving a games Kun Temenzukov, he playd 17 games(9 form banch) and score a 9 goals for half sesason. Keep progres and good luck to you!

Last edited:
Great story. I also start with Leeds 2 weeks ago, now Iam in 3rd season and play Euro Cup, in first season i loan Mayoral from R. Madrid, i bought Dario Maresic(SK Sturm Gratz) great defender and future prospect, John McGinn(Hibernian) top box to box midfilder, Graeme Shinnie(Aberdeen) good left back and very safty. In January I loanded M.Antonio from West Ham and start giving a games Kun Temenzukov, he playd 17 games(9 form banch) and score a 9 goals for half sesason. Keep progres and good luck to you!

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it. Temenzukov is definitely in my future plans, just has a way to go before he's considered above Cutrone, and most likely will be important in the coming seasons. New post will be up tonight

Welcome back to my Leeds United Story.

Firstly the January Monthly awards are in
View attachment 45642View attachment 45641View attachment 45640
Adkins nicking it ahead of me after that 6-2 thumping :(

Recent good form has put us right back in contention at the top of the league.
View attachment 45639

We started February off with a home tie against Cardiff, with new singing Coronado straight into the side.
View attachment 45638

The game was a bit nervy, but delighted to see Coronado score on his debut, and give a good performance.
View attachment 45637View attachment 45636

What a rise this lad has had in recent years. Not making the grade at MK Dons, went off to Switzerland briefly before signing for Banbury! Not playing a game at Banbury he went off to Malta before heading to Italy where he made his name. That never say die attitude is actually what i want in my dressing room.

Next bit of good news is that our young midfield linchpin has signed a new deal at the club!
View attachment 45635

Due to a number of Yorkshire clubs in the league we had yet another derby, this time against lowly Sheff Utd who were battling at the foot of the table.

View attachment 45634
Wow, what do you say. Another shitstorm away in a derby game. The fans have every right to be annoyed after that and i certainly let the players know my feelings about their performance. They'd have to up their game against Bristol City next, especially in front of the Elland Road faithful.

View attachment 45633
Back to winning ways and we dominated the match, even managing to miss a late penalty. Where was this team last match!? Big performance would be needed again as we traveled to Newcastle in the last 16 of the FA Cup.

View attachment 45632
Ah it started off so so well. A quickfire Cutrone double gave us a 2-0 lead. Unfortunately we switched off and Newcastle's extra class shone through with them scoring 5 goals in reply. A late Coronado goal was nothing short of a consolation goal. Not hugely disappointed to lose to a Prem team, but the manner of it wasn't good enough, especially being 2-0 up. We've shipped a lot of goals recently too, a worrying trend.

View attachment 45631
What is going on at the moment. The defense is a shambles!! These defeats couldn't have come at a worse time, and are in danger of undoing our hard work in December and January.

View attachment 45630
Ok i'm actually starting to get worried now. Back in front of the home faithful.....back to pathetic performances. Oh and this just compounds a difficult month for the boys.

View attachment 45629View attachment 45628

Two of our best players out for some important games coming up. After this month's horror show it couldn't get much worse...could it?!