wolvo0711

Reaction score
I just finished a game against Aston Villa with Sunderland, where Craig Gordon, Simon Mingolet and all of my back up goalkeepers were injured.
I simply had no other keepers so chose a midfielder to play in goal.
I was delighted to find I won the game 3-1 and Medo saved at least 2 one-on-ones.

I was just wondering if anybody else had come into this predicament and it had all worked out in the end.

i had to throw pique in once, i can safely say we only lost 2-1 against inter :(

I had to put an outfield player in goal once, so i put the tactic to 2-1-5-2 and won 3:6, it takes skill( and a lot of midfield/attackers)

I just played a straight 4-2-3-1 happily i had gary cahill and toby alderweireld from ajax in cb so they added a lot of steel

i've purposefully used john o'shea in goal before even though my number 1 keeper was fit, although it was against really weak opposition and in about 10 games he kept agood few clean sheets, including the last 45 mins against sunderland at one point as i decided that he was a good enough keeper that i didn't need a backup on the becnh and areola picked up a knock so i subbed him at half time.