chrisgrogan

Reaction score
Anyone else having their players wanting a lot more money than what they're on now? I'm in 2016/17 and Lewandowski is on 100k and asking for 170k, Coutinho is on 60k asking for 110k, Bernard on 40k asking 110k, Henderson 70k asking for 100k, Lucas 75k asking for 100k and Sergi Roberto is on 57k and asking for 120k

Is this happening to anyone else?

I have asked them to sack their agents but they still want over 100k wages, is there anyway of them decreasing their demands because this is over the top, their contracts all run out in 2018 and I seriously don't want them to be on this amount of money

It is not over the top, and here is why.

First, just general increases in cost of living and inflation will mean that over time player wages will increase.

Second, as they improve as players and their reputations grow they will believe that they deserve salaries that reflect their position in world football. Is Lewandowski one of the best strikers in the world on your save? Therefore he deserves a salary similar to that of other top players. Coutinho, Bernard, and Henderson were young(ish) at the start and now have developed and are in the prime of their career, therefore they deserve more money.

Third, if your team has more money they will think they deserve more of it.

Basically those are not ridiculous wages for them to be demanding. You can not expect to keep your players happy on low wages forever, especially at a club the size of Liverpool and with players of that quality.

I always get my players to sack their agent before giving them new contracts, they usually settle for smaller wages and I don't have to pay huge agent fees, the loyalty bonus they ask for is same as the one in previous contract. Juan Mata's agent wouldn't settle for anything lower than 140k, got him to sack his agent, he asked only for 100k, I still gave him 110k, lol.

It is not over the top, and here is why.

First, just general increases in cost of living and inflation will mean that over time player wages will increase.

Second, as they improve as players and their reputations grow they will believe that they deserve salaries that reflect their position in world football. Is Lewandowski one of the best strikers in the world on your save? Therefore he deserves a salary similar to that of other top players. Coutinho, Bernard, and Henderson were young(ish) at the start and now have developed and are in the prime of their career, therefore they deserve more money.

Third, if your team has more money they will think they deserve more of it.

Basically those are not ridiculous wages for them to be demanding. You can not expect to keep your players happy on low wages forever, especially at a club the size of Liverpool and with players of that quality.

Love the first reason ;)

Last season Lewandowski got 31 goals but he wasn't really on fire and had a few long goal droughts, I have the money I just don't like having to pay them huge wages and I have won the league twice in a row and the champions league once. I just might sell Bernard he does well but I have a lot of player in roles like that and to have James Rodriquez, Sterling, Coutinho and Bernard on big wages :/ maybe not Sterling as much, not sure what he would ask because he's angry because i didn't sell him to PSG for 40m

I always get my players to sack their agent before giving them new contracts, they usually settle for smaller wages and I don't have to pay huge agent fees, the loyalty bonus they ask for is same as the one in previous contract. Juan Mata's agent wouldn't settle for anything lower than 140k, got him to sack his agent, he asked only for 100k, I still gave him 110k, lol.

Same happened with me with Suarez, agent wanted 170k, he sacked his agent and he's on 125k

Same happened with me with Suarez, agent wanted 170k, he sacked his agent and he's on 125k
Chelsea had a huge wage bill initially, I've gotten rid of all that, Terry, Lampard, Cole were high earners. Now my highest Earner is Hazard at 180k, can't reduce sadly but second highest is Mata at 110k. I don't like paying wages over 100k, no matter how great the player is. Mata is 26 y/o and has 4 years on his contract, I doubt if I'll sign him again. My other main players will stay at ~80k. And all of this has been possible because of Sack agent feature in the game. I had Oscar on 210K in FM13 at the same age, now he's happy at 82.5k.

I did once, his agent were asking 40k per week, after I told the player to sack him he wants 50k!