akash777

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have so far played 2 and a half seasons of football manager 2013 beta.And its quite a **** off with the own goals from backpasses and the heaps of CCC from crosses.

Well anyway,I am trying to make my wingers go out and cross heaps into the box but they dont really do that,instead passing it.Like they are on run with ball often,but they dont do that.The same tactic,when I'm playing with United,I have Kagawa,Nani,Valencia,Brady running down the wings and crossing and opening teams up,but with Reading,my wingers dont feel like running down the wings.
I am guessing its because most of them have cut inside characteristic?

Anyways guys,I just want to know if any of you have played with Reading yet and if so how have you gone?
I have just finished half a season with them(first season),we are on 4th after 18 games with 30 points.25 scored and 21 conceded.lol.
Not great in terms of goals scored.
But I just try and eek out results by just turning into a defensive maniac once I score.
So is this good with Reading or are people doing better?

first, close down any wingers/full backs. that should stop alot of the crosses. second, i have been having alot of success (mind you with arsenal) feeding the ball to my fullbacks and having them run often/hug the line. and yes your wingers wont really do that if they have cut inside.

first, close down any wingers/full backs. that should stop alot of the crosses. second, i have been having alot of success (mind you with arsenal) feeding the ball to my fullbacks and having them run often/hug the line. and yes your wingers wont really do that if they have cut inside.

I usually have the opposition wingers on high closing down,hard tackling and show onto inside foot.Additionally I put my fullbacks to specifically mark them.

I was using my wingers to specifically mark opposition fullbacks but im not seeing crazy attacking football,like im still scoring 3-4 goals with united,but not the kind of dominating wing based football like before but more like throughballs from wingers and amc.
do you think if I put in cross from byline to my wingers they will run more?For some reason my tactics doesnt seem to work that well when they have byline ticked but they play much better with mixed.