andyconor

Reaction score
I know there is another thread about this, but it didn't answer my ultimate question.

My team (Ipswich) seem to get very nervous when playing teams with a higher reputation than us, in the same division. I find this worrying.

How can I change it?

Thanks.

hi sometimes i use have nothing to loose and wish luck then sometimes it takes the pressure off your players etc, also a few days before if your teams performing well release a press statement saying that your teams confidence is high this then transmits a level of confidence in your players etc, if all else fails buy better quality! hope thsi helps you.

Do you do your own press conferences etc or do you let the assistant manager ?

I would say thats half your problem I always do all conferences etc and build up the teams confidence by supporting your team in them. Try boosting their confidence by saying things like you have confidence in your teams ability or you will always back your team to do well etc don't go to overboard to start with

you should only allow your assistant to do conferences if hes a good assistant must have high stats in the mental department i have mauro tassoti at milan :)