he plays cm, kevin is also a great playmaker and rafael toloi is a solid cb whos usually cheapish

Will take a look at witsel tonight hopefully.

My ball winners/defensive midfield are either old or their stats ain't nothing special, tho I am playing Luke hyam quite a bit. His stats aren't the greatest but he is valued quite highly, any clues on whether he gets good or not? Or bin him and bring someone else in? Don't really wanna be wasting my time on a dead duck when I could cash in on him.

Try out Juanmi (cheap young striker from Malaga) & Jonathan Woodgate (usually out of contract 2nd season)

Woodgate could be useful, will keep my physios busy anyway. :)

haha

TBH, I signed him in 2nd season for hearts (very surprised he came) he was immense, and had very little injuries

My ball winners/defensive midfield are either old or their stats ain't nothing special, tho I am playing Luke hyam quite a bit. His stats aren't the greatest but he is valued quite highly, any clues on whether he gets good or not? Or bin him and bring someone else in? Don't really wanna be wasting my time on a dead duck when I could cash in on him.
really depends if you can find anyone better, if not you might as well keep him and you could try loan sanogo hes a beast one my southampton save in the championship

If he is out of contract I will prob sign him as my only other defender with premiership experience is 21 years old :S

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

really depends if you can find anyone better, if not you might as well keep him and you could try loan sanogo hes a beast one my southampton save in the championship

Tbh I'll prob take a look at sanogo and see if I can get him on loan but if not I'll give hyam a season and see how he does and whether he improves or not. If he doesn't play well or improve I can use next years transfer budget (if I'm still in the prem :S) to bring a quality anchor man in, which ill probably ask for your guys opinions on again :)

Are Ohouha/Richards from Man City not transfer listed for around £3million? Arsenal usually loan out Ramsey second season for CM.

I got them when I got promoted with Middlesbrough, hold on 2 tick's I'll post up who I signed...

View attachment 125925

Definitely try and get Haltintop on a free, very good versatile squad player.

Last edited:
humberto suazo cost me around 1.3mil 2nd season with newcastle scored 30 goals in 40 games i think, striker and amc

witsel can play cm, rm, amc, amr and i think he is competant on left so can easily be retrained play right across midfield.

Will definitely give all these a look, cheers guys. Although ill prob have to laugh off Richards cos of the wages which is a shame, could have been a good partnership with spence.

Will definitely give all these a look, cheers guys. Although ill prob have to laugh off Richards cos of the wages which is a shame, could have been a good partnership with spence.

Take a look at the guys I signed on a free mate, should be of help to you! Haltintop and Lux i'd definitely recommend. And Pape Diakhate for £1.2million is theft.

I got a chance to check through most of those players last night and my short list ain't so short now! :)
Cheers for your help guys, there's some quality players there. Unfortunately some of the players who are free in your games have signed new contracts in mine :( I'd have loved to get viera at ipswich :)
I've only got about £2.5mil left in the kitty now so I'm gonna wait and see how the team does up until the transfer window and re-assess things then.
I'll try and post some screen shots of some of the transfers I made as I think a couple of cm/amc's I brought in could be usefull for other newly promoted teams.
One last thing tho........how do you post a screen shot? :S

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Take a look at the guys I signed on a free mate, should be of help to you! Haltintop and Lux i'd definitely recommend. And Pape Diakhate for £1.2million is theft.

Will check those deals out tonight hopefully, using my phone atm and the screen is to small!

Hey, well I managed to stay up, just! Finished one place above drop zone by 2pts :)
The board were at bit more generous the next season and gave me £19mil to spend, with this I bought sergio arujo for £3mil and Fred (brazilian striker) for £11mil.
The rest I moved into my wages budget so I could afford the wages of the following free transfers:
Pape Diakhate
Royston Drenthe
Yury Zhirkov
Hatem Ben Arfa
My first team is now:
Gk: Alex smithies
Dr: sigourney Bandjar/Josef Kaufman
Dcr: Jordan spence
Dcl: Pape Diakhate/ruud Knol
Dl: Royston Drenthe/atilla thuran
Mcr: Dan gosling/marcelino Gervinho (spelling)
Mcl: tom cairney/ tijani Belaid
Amr: leigh griffiths/ Hatem Ben Arfa
Aml: Yury zhirkov/ Hatem Ben Arfa
Str: Fred/ Connor wickham
Stl: sergio arujo

Played 10 games so far and, bearing in mind I've already played man city, spurs, Liverpool, arsenal and united in those 10 games i think im doing ok so far as I'm 14th.
The problem is I keep conceding soft goals from crosses that I can't seem to stop. I'd be performing a lot better (ipswich 0 - 5 man utd, 3 from crosses) if I could find a way of limiting this.
Also, when I play a weaker team and control possession I manage to generate loads of shots but very few are on Target, I've tried setting long shots to rarely and set work ball into box but they still seem to keep pinging the ball wide. Would like my team to be a little more clinical.
Any suggestions/ideas would be gratefully accepted!