nikidoug

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if I'm the only one but are your corners ridiculously overpowered?

I'm 15 games in to my season with Manchester United here are the amount of goals my players have scored from corners:

Chris Smalling - 1
Raphael Varane - 5
Phil Jones - 2
Nemanja Vidic - 5

I'm not complaining, maybe I've just set up my corner routines quite well but I thought this was very strange!

I hardly ever score from corners. But then again,I'm not playing with a top team.

Yeah im arsenal at the moment and in my last season my center back score 16 goals in the league from corners

nikidoug, how did you set your corners up??

Yeah I want to know too :p
I use to aim near post and 1 of my 2 DCs attack near post other far post and having my striker challenge the keeper.

Si have acknowledged there is a problem atm with near post corners. Last season my DC was my top scorer, all from corners. I'm looking forward to it being fixed as I groan now everytime he scores, not the reaction I usually get when I score in FM!

nikidoug, how did you set your corners up??

Here it is:

DR: Stay Back
DC: Attack Far Post
DC: Attack Near Post
DL: Stay Back
MC: Go Forward
MC: Lurk Outside Area
AMC: Go Forward
ST: Challenge Keeper

Both sides aiming towards the far post, although most of the goals strangely seem to come from the near post!

Here it is:

DR: Stay Back
DC: Attack Far Post
DC: Attack Near Post
DL: Stay Back
MC: Go Forward
MC: Lurk Outside Area
ST: Challenge Keeper

Both sides aiming towards the far post, although most of the goals strangely seem to come from the near post!

Hmm, it always does seem to be when aimed at the far post.. I've had it in previous fm's, but not this one yet though..

Weird, I am using United and not seeing that at all. I am using near post flick on though, might have to fool around with it. I am using Fellaini to do it since he is a monster with great jumping reach, heading and height

Im almost guaranteed to concede from set-pieces every match.True story.

Last edited:
Varane is now my second top scorer after RVP with 7 goals...