Overpowered fullbacks - both AI and user exploitable!

alexdesouza

Reaction score
It's ridiculous how OP the fullbacks are in this game. Anyone else beginning to get bored of it? Bellerin was getting +20 assists and ratings of a minimum of 8 every game. But the most annoying thing is so do all the AI fullbacks?! Every time I look at the top avg ratings in the league it's 85% fullbacks. Same goes with the assists column. I wouldn't be surprised if fullbacks start winning Balon D'Ors too! Anyone else experiencing this?

Make sure your midfielders track them and they're not an issue at all.

Yeah Juanfran got like 25 assists which was way more than anyone else in my team. It seems like 80% of goals near enough come from crosses for both me and the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bellerin has an average rating higher than Messi/Suarez/Neymar/Ronaldo consistently, seasons after seasons, saves after saves in my game. That guy is an absolute monster in this game.

Bellerin has an average rating higher than Messi/Suarez/Neymar/Ronaldo consistently, seasons after seasons, saves after saves in my game. That guy is an absolute monster in this game.

Yep, by far the best in mine too. Just won world player of the year. An absolute beast for some reason!

He's killing it in my story too, and my fullbacks have been my highest rated players, or thereabouts, every season so far I think

Been noticing this myself, even an average full back can get really solid ratings and high assists using certain formations. Or even playing with proper Wingers can produce high ratings. Crossing in general seems the best way to score

Yes, Fullbacks are op this year
my fb get avg 8+
wow higher than messi neymar
is it really possible in real world?

either the rating system has to be changed or the match engine is problematic or both

Even Kompany looks like CR,meesi when he is on RB
keep beating my defender,(i have already issued my winger to man marking him) , crossing like beckham (but his crossing attribute is only 5)

even per mertesacker has a chance for balon d'or in that RB position, I mean he got 7,5 at least in every game,

Fullbacks are really crazy and I expect they get nerfed heavily in 16.3 :p

I use overlapping fullbacks with specific PPM's that i train at a very young age.
With wingers cutting in, opening up space for the full backs, I easily get 2-3 goals a game.
Granted I have run this tactic with only two teams, Derry City FC in the Irish League (8 titles in a row, unbeaten seasons etc.) and Chelsea FC (1 season - title+UCL Semis), but if you have wingers with good crossing and decision making, you can easily get high ratings.
Tactics play a huge role in how your player performs and the current game is built to make wing play simple.
Averaging 8.2 with my right back and 7.7 with my left back with Derry City (active game)